Regale your hardcore efforts

Sir_Bee

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Better late than never.

It was almost 'never'.  I still can't believe I went back to get that plat.  Even more, the fact I am almost 50 and I still managed to do it.  Lifelong gamer I guess.  had Pong in 1980 and Colecovision when that came out in 82(?).  I guess it is never truly 'late' until you have run out of time.. ?✌️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Winds-of-Neptune said:

It was almost 'never'.  I still can't believe I went back to get that plat.  Even more, the fact I am almost 50 and I still managed to do it.  Lifelong gamer I guess.  had Pong in 1980 and Colecovision when that came out in 82(?).  I guess it is never truly 'late' until you have run out of time.. 1f607.png270c.png

You’re a generation ahead of me. But hey, appreciate the wisdom you have. 

I have the worst hardcore story I think.

I got all the trophies except Zealot, Hardcore, and the limbs. I planned where I wanted my hardcore saves to be. I was going to play Zealot up to where my first hardcore save was for practice, then jump to hardcore and do it, then repeat.

I got to my final save on Hardcore, Zealot was at the same spot. I thought "alright, I can't wait to finish this tomorrow". Woke up the next day... and my PS3 wouldn't turn on >.<

Never touched the game again.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:06 PM, KingGuy420 said:

I have the worst hardcore story I think.

I got all the trophies except Zealot, Hardcore, and the limbs. I planned where I wanted my hardcore saves to be. I was going to play Zealot up to where my first hardcore save was for practice, then jump to hardcore and do it, then repeat.

I got to my final save on Hardcore, Zealot was at the same spot. I thought "alright, I can't wait to finish this tomorrow". Woke up the next day... and my PS3 wouldn't turn on >.<

Never touched the game again.

That really suxz.  Ps3 didn't have hibernate like the ps4.. you can pause games or fall asleep and come back on ps4.   Im sure they could have put hibernate in the ps3 but maybe they fell asleep in that department.  They dont want people sleeping cause it is less profit for Sony.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

there is a glitch you can use to make the 1 life run easy, but then tbh it does let you have saves so u really don't need it, still there if u wanna use it though.

I assume you mean the dupe exploit? Or is there something else

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Have all other trophies (including the DLC, just concluded those) completed, so I'll be giving this a shot tomorrow after my errands and other commitments. 

Playing this at the moment as well. On chapter 6 of my first playthrough, hoping to be where you are by the end of the year. Look forward to reading about your progress!

5 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Playing this at the moment as well. On chapter 6 of my first playthrough, hoping to be where you are by the end of the year. Look forward to reading about your progress!

Starting now. We'll see how it goes. 

Did you start on Zealot? I did to develop proficiency with the tougher parts. Means I won't be able to use the Devil Horns in pursuit of the platinum, but that's all right. 

12/19/2022 - 12:10PM Sitrep: 

Chapter: 3

Saves Available: 3

Deaths: 0

12/19/2022 - 12:15PM Sitrep:

Chapter: N/A

Saves Available: 3

Deaths: 1

The child swarm at chapter 3 got me. I actually contemplated saving as early as that, due to me having to skip the really boring opening of the game. But knew even if I lost there, I wouldn't feel like it would be worth it. 

I'll try this again later -- need to work on a guide for a game be worth a save in the long run. Even though I died, I am glad I chose not to save, anyway. 

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 1

The best save spots are: 5, 10, and 13 from my experience. It has been awhile since I got the platinum, but I do recall saving before the eye-poking machine as that seems to drive people crazy. As for weapons, I found the Force Gun and Plasma Cutter the most useful and sold anything that wasn't ammunition for either of those two weapons. The Javelin Gun is very good, but I did not use it during my Hardcore run.

In regards to upgrade progression to your RIG: Health > Stasis > Air. You are given a lot of Air in comparison to the first game and if you know the proper path during the space sequences, then Air should not be an issue; however, I do recall putting at least 1 point into it, then the rest in Health and Stasis because...why not? 

4 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Starting now. We'll see how it goes. 

Did you start on Zealot? I did to develop proficiency with the tougher parts. Means I won't be able to use the Devil Horns in pursuit of the platinum, but that's all right. 

Nope, Casual. Zealot on your first run must’ve been painful at times! I’m going to limit myself as much  as possible on my Zealot run, only use the weapons I plan on using during my hardcore run.

I also only realised just before I started back playing that I previously bought the Dead Space 2 super bundle, meaning I have all of the DLC weapons/suits at my disposal from the first in-game shop. The Force gun is a lifesaver from what I’ve read, so this should make my life a little bit easier!

Edited by GraniteSnake

12/19/2022 - 8:40PM Sitrep:

Chapter: 5

Saves Available: 2

Deaths: 1

4 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Nope, Casual. Zealot on your first run must’ve been painful at times! I’m going to limit myself as much  as possible on my Zealot run, only use the weapons I plan on using during my hardcore run.

I also only realised just before I started back playing that I previously bought the Dead Space 2 super bundle, meaning I have all of the DLC weapons/suits at my disposal from the first in-game shop. The Force gun is a lifesaver from what I’ve read, so this should make my life a little bit easier!

There were some tough parts, but I was able to clear everything with a few attempts. I am actually quite grateful for doing that. 

• Like 1

Ready to give this mode a go tomorrow all going well. I feel like my Zealot run was a bit deceptive seeing as I had everything upgraded to the maximum, so I think it'll take a bit of practice to adapt to this mode. Will definitely have to approach some fights differently and take a more cautious approach, as well as make more use of stasis (I rarely used it in my playthrough's so far).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to start my plan to tackle Hardcore mode this weekend. I want to do it glitchless, with no DLC and no dupe exploits etc even though the temptation is strong. I'm also playing on a digital copy so I don't get that bonus save to play with when switching discs.

Strategy

I was thinking my strategy would be something like this which will mean i'm kinda working towards Zealot and Hardcore trophies simultaneously - i'm open to any feedback or thoughts on this for sure:

1. Start a Zealot run
  2. Make a save after the opening cutscenes to I don't go mad repeating it in practice runs.
  3. Play through to Chapter 6 or 7 and make the first save point i'd be making for Hardcore
  4. Replay the run to Chapter 6 ot 7 as many times as I need to.
  5. Switch over to Hardcore and play up to the save point I practiced in Zealot difficulty.
  6. Once that is locked in, resume my Zealot playthrough and play up to Chapter 10 or 11, making the second save point i'd be making in hardcore
  7. Switch over to Hardcore and play up to the save point I practiced in Zealot difficulty.
  8. Keeping going with that until i've completed Hardcore,

Weapon loadout

I'm going to experiment a bit in Zealot with the weapons, but I went with Force Gun, Plasma Cutter & Pulse Rifle in my normal difficulty. I'm really curious to see how the Force Gun performs, because it has become one of my favourite weapons for most encounters bar some of the more precision related stuff.

On 30/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, GraniteSnake said:

Ready to give this mode a go tomorrow all going well. I feel like my Zealot run was a bit deceptive seeing as I had everything upgraded to the maximum, so I think it'll take a bit of practice to adapt to this mode. Will definitely have to approach some fights differently and take a more cautious approach, as well as make more use of stasis (I rarely used it in my playthrough's so far).

I noticed you got the 100%! Congrats, how did it go? Curious to see what your loadout was and save structure etc. The more examples I can get the better I can educate myself on my own attempts :) 

• Like 1