The Walking Dead: Road to Survival.

Wavergray

Is anybody playing this mobile game?

It's a pretty good free to play RPG, but it's buried under one of the worst gashapon/microtransaction systems I have ever seen.

The drop rate for 5 star (the highest tier) weapons and characters is less then 1% and each pull of the lever cost $5.

For $100 you can pull the lever 30-45 times and you aren't even guaranteed a 4 star let alone a 5 star.

Just like most free to play RPGs you can get pretty far into the game without spending any money, but you will eventually hit a wall that can only be overcome by 4 & 5 star characters and weapons.

I find the game to be a lot better than Destiny of Spirits, but Destiny of Spirits drop rate was much better.

Here are some videos of people spending $100 for a lot of 3 star characters.

Edited by soultaker655

• 3 months later...

Robert Kirkman, pls go.

Seriously, what of The Walking Dead isn't garbage? The mobile market isn't that great of one either so they practically fit hand in hand.

inb4 Telltale's The Walking Dead is great. Pro-tip: It isn't.

I used to like the tv show, watched 4 seasons straight (I was a bit late to the party), but then I started reading the comic and I don't even feel like watching any new seasons of the tv show. The comic is so much better than the tv show (imo).

The Telltale games are alright. It's nothing spectacular, but what do you expect from an interactive story? The story is decent enough.

OT: I tend to stay away from any form of mobile games. Usually they're very repetitive and boring to me and you can't beat them without spending a load of cash. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm going to stick with actual gaming platforms.

What I'm floored by is how much money the same guy has spent doing pulls. Y'know, if a vending machine eats your dollar, you might chalk it up to bad luck and put a second dollar in, but if that one gets eaten too, I think most people would stop.

I'm no stranger to spending money on gachas in mobile games - I've probably spent close to $1000 in all honesty - but watching these videos is just painful.