Is possible beat this game with PS3 pad?

dr-peeeso

Hi everyone,

The most painful mode in this game is trial mode...

do you think I should buy an arcade stick or an official Street Fighter pad? (Like the Sega Mega Drive one :) )

Thanks for any help

Yes it is possible. 

Buying a stick isn´t gonna magically make you better at trials. Stick requires lots of training as well to get used to it.

If you already started with pad i say continue. Buy a stick only if you gonna continue playing fighting games and using only the stick to adept to it.

• Like 1

I play SF4 since 2008 with a normal controller and im doing just fine. I even have the platinum trophy on my old account for SSF4 so yeah, the DUALSHOCK3 should be enough. Switching to an arcade stick will not guaranty you anything, In fact, you would have to learn twice as much, the combo timing AND the arcade stick  

Whatever you decide to use will require practice, if your not even use to a stick to begin with, it'll require even more practice because just walking, dashing, jumping won't even feel natural to you. Your shoryuken will look like a zangief ultra double 360 :). Sticks good if your commited or if your already used to them to begin with. I use stick but most people use pad, two guys on my friends list who platted the game on ps3 and ps4 use pad and have tournament experience so no.

If you want even more proof, ssf4 top players snake eyes uses ps3 controller and smug uses a freakin xbox controller.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

The most painful mode in this game is trial mode...

do you think I should buy an arcade stick or an official Street Fighter pad? (Like the Sega Mega Drive one :) )

Thanks for any help

I recall hearing that the official Street Fighter fight-pads by Mad Catz aren't really top notch like their competition, the Hori fighting commander. I recommend you look for the pad you like then watch videos reviews about them on you-tube. 

If I was to recommend you a pad, it would be the Hori fighting commander.

• 9 months later...

After platting marvel vs capcom 3 after almost 6 years I was looking into SF4 again and boy it's hard! I am unable to connect the easiest moves.

Just connecting a crouched hard punch with a shoryuken gives me massive problems. What is the key in these trials?

On paper they look really easy but they are nearly impossible to connect