What a strange list - Firewatch

ShadowGandalf

Yep, the devs have said all the trophies are story related and cant be missed. Im waiting for a price drop if its anything more than £11.99 personally. I cant imagine it being longer than 5 hours.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/01/promising_ps4_title_firewatch_will_last_five_to_six_hours

5-6 hours is what they've said, which is remarkably disappointing for a game that appears to have 0 replay value or side content.

• Like 1

Reverse psychology perhaps? They know everybody knows the game will hold little interest after 5 hours or offer anything in the way of re-playability so they post up a totally easy, un-missable trophy list to make a few sales from the trophy hunter crowd who will see an easy 100% and get it for that reason?

The list is a bit disappointing, but maybe they felt they would've given too much of the story away if they put more trophies? Then again that's what hidden trophies are for, so maybe not. It's a bit of a bummer there are only five trophies, but I'm still quite interested in the game (so easy 100% it is...).

Edited by FFHannibal

I think people might be overthinking this - I don't think developers care as much about trophies as much as some people do. 

i agree with you, they have way more important things to do then the trophies

Yeah, i totaly agree

Edited by jaccoowd

Only read a small preview about this game (despite it being the cover story.) Certainly seems I got the wrong impression. I thought it was actually kinda of a big deal of a game, alongside all those triple AAA games we're looking forward to this year.

I haven't lost my interest in this game however. If anything this is good news as I'd like to think the attached price tag will not be so high. I loved Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and I'm hoping this will also be a game to surprise me. 

• Like 1

I have been waiting for this game for so long. I was going to buy it on PC around the time it came out, but decided I'd wait to see if it was going to come to consoles. At E3 they announced that Firewatch will be coming to PS4, and it instantly became my most anticipated game.

Yes I am pretty disappointed about this game not having a platinum. I feel like game devs should know by now the trophy hunter community is a fairly decent size, and could potentially help boost sales of a game. Although you are prolly right in saying that they don't care, and have more important things to worry about when making a game than trophy support.

If you enjoyed games like Gone to the Rapture, Ether One, Gone Home, etc. This is one game you shouldn't over look. From what little I have seen, (I didn't want to spoil too much for myself) this could very well be the new golden standard of adventure games.

Also fun fact the main character is voiced by Rich Sommer, who played Harry Crane in Mad Men.

I actually like this list. My guess is the developers want you to play the game and become immersed in the story, rather than play with one eye on a trophy list/guide. No collectibles, no speed runs, no brutal difficulties. Quite a refreshing change...

• Like 1