Killer Instinct Season 3.

Wavergray

Now I don't own a XBONE, but I think Iron Galaxy deserve some respect for working so hard on season 3 of Killer Instinct. From what I can tell they really listened to the feedback they received from the players and are making sure that people who only have a XBONE will have a great fighting game to play.

I hope Street Fighter V will have the same level of work put into it after it's released.

Here is a video show some of the updates they made to Killer Instinct.

Edited by soultaker655

Now I don't own a XBONE, but I think Iron Galaxy deserve some respect for working so hard on season 3 of Killer Instinct. From what I can tell they really listened to the feedback they received from the players and are making sure that people who only have a XBONE will have a great fighting game to play.

I hope Street Fighter V will have the same level of work put into it after it's released.

I don't doubt Street Fighter 5 will have some of the best support around the net-code on the other hand, will not be near to KI level. I wonder how Capcom and SNK are planning out the additional releases for KOF 14 and SF5? 

Also if you have a good Windows 10 PC, it's coming in middle to late march.

Edited by FlareXV

I don't doubt Street Fighter 5 will have some of the best support around the net-code on the other hand, will not be near to KI level. I wonder how Capcom and SNK are planning out the additional releases for KOF 15 and SF5? 

Also if you have a good Windows 10 PC, it's coming in middle to late march.

When was KoF 14 released? Did I miss something?

• Like 1

It's too bad KI is xbone only exclusive. Looks like a fun fighter. Some of the combos and hit boxes make is sub SSF4 but it looks good nonetheless. I also think SF5 looks sub SSF4 though. Still, SF5 looks like a blast.

KI is also coming to PC (Windows) with cross play soon.

Are you interested in KI, Soultaker?

Yes I am. I like fighting games even though I'm pretty bad at them. I've been watching videos and tournaments of KI since Season 1.

KI has been the best looking fighting game (both aesthetically and gameplay wise) I've seen since the start of the PS4/XBONE generation. If the PS4 didn't have so many game exclusives that I want, KI might gotten me to buy a XBONE.

I know about the PC release, but I would have to spend around $300 I don't have to get a new graphics card for my PC to run KI.

Yes I am. I like fighting games even though I'm pretty bad at them. I've been watching videos and tournaments of KI since Season 1.

KI has been the best looking fighting game (both aesthetically and gameplay wise) I've seen since the start of the PS4/XBONE generation. If the PS4 didn't have so many game exclusives that I want, KI might gotten me to buy a XBONE.

I know about the PC release, but I would have to spend around $300 I don't have to get a new graphics card for my PC to run KI.

That's cool, if I was you, I would wait until the XB1 comes into your "I can spend this amount without worrying" price. I'm just saying that because some people don't like buying one console for one game. Who knows, maybe you like to get one when Scalebound comes out? 

Edited by FlareXV

Kim Wu Trailer and Arbiter? Teaser.

Well they can still make good trailers for character reveals.

So the currently know characters for Season 3 are:

• Kim Wu (KI character)
  • Rash (Battletoad character)
  • Arbiter? (Halo character)
Edited by soultaker655

I remember getting Killer Instinct on SNES with the soundtrack and medallion in 1995. I sucked at fighters then, but was really into KI and Eternal Champions. My skills at fighters have gotten no better as evidenced by my MK vs DC trophies.

I'll be skipping this as well, but it does look pretty cool. I'm very turned off by the name, though. Seasons? My first thought screams annual money grab.

I remember getting Killer Instinct on SNES with the soundtrack and medallion in 1995. I sucked at fighters then, but was really into KI and Eternal Champions. My skills at fighters have gotten no better as evidenced by my MK vs DC trophies.

I'll be skipping this as well, but it does look pretty cool. I'm very turned off by the name, though. Seasons? My first thought screams annual money grab.

They use seasons instead of version when describing balance changes and new characters that will be added to the game. It's no more of a money grab then the stuff that all the other fighting games do when they release a new version of the game.

They use seasons instead of version when describing balance changes and new characters that will be added to the game. It's no more of a money grab then the stuff that all the other fighting games do when they release a new version of the game.

That's almost worse. Old timers like myself and my cronies, if we were to pick up Killer Instinct on nostalgia alone, would see Season 3 and automatically think we missed out on the first two seasons. Most of us would be unlikely to go any further to look into the fact that they're using Seasons instead of updates.

I guess the new gamer crowd just buys irregardless of what they're calling it, so they don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...