This game looks awesome!

DaivRules

Noticed the trophy list pop up on the front page and it only has 5 trophies, which seem pretty straightforward enough. Complete Day 79 get's you all 5 trophies, one bronze, one silver and three gold. I can't help but think I would need to play it like Groundhog Day. I like the character interactions and think the voices and dialog are very well done.

http://www.firewatchgame.com/

It's too bad it's *highly* unlikely to have a physical release.  :(

All I can hope for is these developers knock another 2-3 games out, then release a disc with all their games on there.

Anyone else think it looks interesting?

• Like 1

On steam it's listed as $20, $18 if you preorder 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383870/

:blink:

What do you mean by ridiculously?

That would be ridiculously priced IMO.

I would consider it at half that price. Otherwise, too short and a pretty blah trophy list.

Game does look interesting, but I'll be waiting for a good sale or for this to come to Plus (which I suspect is highly probable)

I think the reviewer at Pushsquare took 4 hours. 

Let's see... a (slightly under) 2 hour movie, people seems to be throwing $10 at theaters for... so 4 hours for $20 is reasonable for anyone that goes to the show. What's that? You just wait and pirate all your movies? Oh, then wait for the $1.99 sale then.

I think $14.99 would be a great value price point for this one. $20 is a great opening price, gives it room to drop after sales plateau for a bit. 

Let's see... a (slightly under) 2 hour movie, people seems to be throwing $10 at theaters for... so 4 hours for $20 is reasonable for anyone that goes to the show. What's that? You just wait and pirate all your movies? Oh, then wait for the $1.99 sale then.

I think $14.99 would be a great value price point for this one. $20 is a great opening price, gives it room to drop after sales plateau for a bit. 

Many movies have budgets of upwards of 100 million dollars. This game does not.

But hey, since we are comparing apples and oranges, tickets to a 3 hour sports event can easily run hundreds of dollars.

Still doesn't make this a good opening price. And if people support it, then prices will continue to push upwards. That's fine, but most of us do have a total entertainment budget. If I pay more for one game, then there will be other games I won't buy.

Personally, I'd rather pick up 2-3 games for $20 total, than a single 5 hour purchase.

• Like 1

I didn't mean anything by it. The person I quoted used completion time as a point of reference, and the pushsquare review was the only once I've read that mentioned the approximate playthrough time. 

Everyone is allowed their own methodology for making value judgments. 

From their website:

• Firewatch is priced at US$19.99 on Steam and the PlayStation Store.
  • On Steam, you can preorder the game now at a 10% discount—and it can be bought bundled with the original soundtrack, which is also 10% off! 
  • On PlayStation Network, you can buy the game on release day, and PlayStation Plus members will get 10% off! We’ve developed a super-snazzy PS4 theme, and that will be available separately or in a discounted bundle with the game.

Many movies have budgets of upwards of 100 million dollars. This game does not.

But hey, since we are comparing apples and oranges, tickets to a 3 hour sports event can easily run hundreds of dollars.

Still doesn't make this a good opening price. And if people support it, then prices will continue to push upwards. That's fine, but most of us do have a total entertainment budget. If I pay more for one game, then there will be other games I won't buy.

Personally, I'd rather pick up 2-3 games for $20 total, than a single 5 hour purchase.

That's fine if that's how you feel. I just don't think many developers are going to cap their budgets at $75,000 so they can make sure they recoup their investments selling to people like you who will only spend up to $10.00 on a game and no more.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've played of this game so far it's pretty fun! Sad at times too cause the story is just.. pretty good. Kinda got frustrated though, but thank god for autosaves. On Day 77, I tried to open up one of the boxes and ended up glitching my character. I literally couldn't do anything except spin and look around. Had to exit out of the game, but thank goodness I didn't really lose any progress. It just set me back before I was able to call Delilah.

Yeah, and people complain about ticket prices too, so what's your point? Besides, that is a pretty set price for movies (that HAS gone up, mind you), but games generally tend to cost varying amounts depending on their length/budget/type of game and so on, so for a glorified movie even in length with barely, if any gameplay at all to cost about $30 is ridiculously exorbitant. Like other people have said, people generally don't have huge amounts of money to spend on video games, so they may not want to waste it on something like that, especially considering you can't get a refund either (outside of exceptional circumstances like the game not working or something). 

It seems to be a recurring trend lately with smaller developers and media outlets shaming people for not wanting to pay huge amounts for their game, or fund it right off the bat with no real track record in the industry at all, and what's worse is it's lead to the same consumers doing just that against fellow consumers. It all feels incredibly elitist, to be honest. These people seem to have no perspective as to the common consumer and just believe that they're entitled to everyone buying their game no questions asked for whatever price ("entitled" being another word they bandy about with great frequency in reference to the unwashed masses) they see fit. It's disgusting, and I hate seeing it encouraged among fellow consumers. These idiots have to realise that the consumer is not beholden to them, in fact it's the reverse, and biting the hand that feeds you is only going to result in them biting back (eventually....).