Is anyone else finding this game difficult?

Even on the lowest difficulty setting (student), I'm getting beaten handily as soon as I hit level 6 of the Master Shifu tower (1v1v1 against Rhino and Wolf).

I'm considering that I'm a rookie and still learning but, I'm talkin' getting my ass swiftly handed to me on the easiest difficulty, as soon as the level starts. The kind of domination where it makes you wonder "What the hell just happened?"

Is anyone else finding this to be their experience too? If you've figured it out, do you have any tips for scoring points or ring outs more effectively?

• 4 months later...

Even on the lowest difficulty setting (student), I'm getting beaten handily as soon asNo,  I hit level 6 of the Master Shifu tower (1v1v1 against Rhino and Wolf).

I'm considering that I'm a rookie and still learning but, I'm talkin' getting my ass swiftly handed to me on the easiest difficulty, as soon as the level starts. The kind of domination where it makes you wonder "What the hell just happened?"

Is anyone else finding this to be their experience too? If you've figured it out, do you have any tips for scoring points or ring outs more effectively?

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 5 years later...

Yeah I must say I find the game very challenging.  The entire plat is doable, the only real challenge is beating the Tournament of Legends with all 20 characters.  Since the DLC was removed from the store the suggestion from the guide of downloading the 2 free characters won't work anymore.  So you will have to beat it with Soothsayer and Crane whom the writer thought were average or mediocre.

I've not invested a ton of time into this game yet and my son seemed to like it more than me upon starting.  I thought it was pretty decent to until playing it further and realizing it's just pretty cheap and there are no breakout moves that I can tell from this point.  Rhino and Wolf are both very tough so it's not surprising you got handled pretty good.  The guidewriter even suggested that sometimes you just get a bad grouping and this could end your run.

Last night I tried with Soothsayer, couldn't do anything, left to do practice to figure out their moves, restarted the tournament beat the first few matches no problem, then I got to All You Can Eat which I always thought was an easy event and I had to go against Monkey and Su Wu and I lost...3 times...in a row!!!  I was like WTH is going on here???  Typically in the All You Can Eat matches the computer likes to fight itself and you can grab the droppings, yet not this time they would follow me around the map, and Monkeys stick move makes you drop a ton of rolls, and Su Wu just kicks your ass all over the map.

I googled a move list for the characters and could not find any results.

I see @TazDevilz1986 did get the platinum, and that the Tournaments were the last trophies you got.  Care to share any tips or did you just watch some guides on youtube on how to beat it with each character?