Leech Hunter, tips, advice, input....

DooM-

Having watched the guide with the magnum run I attempted this twice, both failures. One was pretty close to working, but I was really struggling once the respawn started. Ammo was a big issue, as well as health to a lesser extent. Anyway I tried using the SMG run instead, and I found it extremely easy in comparison. If you've tried both feel free to chime in so we can get a general consensus. Basics of what I did to make me have so much extra ammo and health after:

• Shotgun in basement first.
  • SMG in basement second using shotgun for monkeys. 
  • Spiders all pistol.
  • SMG vs Mimicry's, these get shredded by the SMG. 
  • SMG vs Hunters.
  • Obviously use the knife when possible. Laying down zombies, knocked down, etc.
  • Get upgraded pistol, use on zombies and bugs.
  • Once you get the nade launcher, especially if you have acid rounds use those on zombies. Save remaining rounds for respawn phase if needed.
  • Obviously the video showed this, but collect 40 leeches on one character, and 50 on the other, so you can use 2 slot items or reload once the respawn phase starts. I like to keep them in the same area so you don't have to remember different places you left them.
  • The section with the bugs inside near the Sword Door to the Observatory, you can abuse the map here and pistol them from right above the stairs.
  • Crows just aim up in the corner or doorway and let them come to you with your pistol.
  • Pretty common sense and in the video but always combined in your inventory instead of having to reload in game.
Edited by DooM-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide! After spending 1 hour playing this mode I only managed to get 96 leeches before the respawn started, and all my health items and guns were located in rooms filled with the respawned zombies, so it was either try to get pass them and most likely die or just complete the mode with only 96 leeches collected, and since I didn't wanted to waste 1 hour of my life (since if you die all your leeches disappear too) I had to give up.

Edited by Finozzi1696