Platinum Rarity

Dani061094

Is anyone else surprised that 22% of people have platinumed Bloodborne? I expected the rarity to be more around 10% considering some of the Chalice Dungeons (especially the half health one). I mean for reference Far Cry 3 and Infamous 2 plats are rarer, which in my opinion are really quite easy to achieve. Anyway thoughts?

• Like 1

In my opinion the reason it is as high as it is, is because the majority of the people who have got the plat in BB is seasoned Souls player and they probably found BB to be easier.

I have played a little bit of BB and I find it to be more difficult that the rarity shows it be, It is the first time playing one of these type of games so that could be the reason.

In my opinion the reason it is as high as it is, is because the majority of the people who have got the plat in BB is seasoned Souls player and they probably found BB to be easier.

I have played a little bit of BB and I find it to be more difficult that the rarity shows it be, It is the first time playing one of these type of games so that could be the reason.

Also can't you co-op all the bosses? So if you suck then you just find someone who knows what they are doing and earn the plat that way.

• Like 1

Also can't you co-op all the bosses? So if you suck then you just find someone who knows what they are doing and earn the plat that way.

I'll let someone who has played further than me to answer. I haven't made it to the first boss yet. It has a steep learning curve for me so i have to take my time.

Trophy rarity is not an accurate gauge of difficulty. The plat for Dust: An Elysium Tale is 9.45% and most of the trophies in Strike Suit Zero and How To Survive: Storm Warning Edition are ultra rare despite the games being a 3 at most in difficulty. It takes a special sort of person to want to play a From Software game for fun, and that's one who gets their jollies from abusing themselves.

• Like 3

Its at that rarity including all Souls because the *online*, there are many Jolly-Cooperators everywhere and even though i got the plat solo with pvp meta (Lv100), the game is doable, its not like OMG ITS HARD, i struggled a bit on some areas at 1st but after that it was a breeze.  Once you understand the Souls mechanics the rest is easy   

Is anyone else surprised that 22% of people have platinumed Bloodborne? I expected the rarity to be more around 10% considering some of the Chalice Dungeons (especially the half health one). I mean for reference Far Cry 3 and Infamous 2 plats are rarer, which in my opinion are really quite easy to achieve. Anyway thoughts?

That 22% is on this site which only tracks registered users and people who have been added here by others. Since this is a site that attracts trophy hunters platinums will almost always be less rare here than they really are if you were to look at the PlayStation stats. I say almost always because I know at least 1 game that has a rarer plat here than it does when actually including every PlayStation gamer that has played it.

The game really isn't very hard once you know the boss patterns, which are generally pretty simple and easily found online. You can also just grind out stats to overlevel and beat the bosses. You can also enlist help from other people who are way stronger than you're supposed to be, making it super easy. Honestly though, it's just not a hard game. I found it to be more tedious than legitimately difficult.

That 22% is on this site which only tracks registered users and people who have been added here by others. Since this is a site that attracts trophy hunters platinums will almost always be less rare here than they really are if you were to look at the PlayStation stats. I say almost always because I know at least 1 game that has a rarer plat here than it does when actually including every PlayStation gamer that has played it.

Well, but even if you check on PSN, the rarity there is 6.4%, that's stupidly high for the platinum rarity even by the standard of PSN.. and for reference, inFamous 1st Light is 4.3% on PSN, so that argument is hardly valid..

And as others said, Bloodborne and the Souls series have a solid fanbase (there's not a lot of people that jumps into it "just because it's cool", but you get a lot of people jumping into it "because they think the game is hard and that's a respectable platinum") also, the co-op makes almost everything redundant.. on top of that as far as I know Bloodborne only require 1 or 2 playthroughs while the others require more..

Really Demon's Souls started everything, and now anytime they release a Souls game everyone thinks it's a hard game and that they will get respect for getting that platinum.. This kind of mentality together with an easy way to get the platinum (co-op), makes the ideal conditions for everyone from trophy hunters to casual gamers that want to show off that they can get the platinum in a hard game.. so it was fated to become quite common since the start..

I have yet to plat it, but mainly because I haven't been in a mood to play it (same with Until Dawn.. even this is rarer the Bloodborne on PSN :lol:)..

PS: While I'm at it, I will leave here the PSN platinum rarity for Dark/Demon's Souls:

Demon's Souls EU - 2.9%

Demon's Souls US - 2.5%

Dark Souls - 6.0%

There is something like this? o.O 

Some examples would be:

Cross Edge EU, on PSN is 8.4% here it's 2.90%

Disgaea 3 EU/PS3, on PSN is 3.6% here it's 3.39%

Disgaea 4 EU/PS3, on PSN is 2.0% here it's 1.91%

Disgaea D2 EU, on PSN is 10.7% here it's 5.86%

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Im pretty sure the reason for the 22% rarity is the fact that the gamers that get into this game are dedicated to beat it and platinum it....its not like sports games for example that tons of people buy and only trophy hunters get the platinum thats easy and you have for example fifa with lower than 10% rarity

Bloodborne got me into Souls, after Bloodborne I went back to Demon's Souls craving more. I noticed from looking at the profiles of other players I encountered in game, a surprisingly large portion of people had Bloodborne as their only plat, or one of very few. I think the Souls community is rather die hard, and you've gotta consider all the Xbox Souls fans who got a PS4 for this title specifically. I think the completion stats just speak to how amazing this game is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, but even if you check on PSN, the rarity there is 6.4%, that's stupidly high for the platinum rarity even by the standard of PSN.. and for reference, inFamous 1st Light is 4.3% on PSN, so that argument is hardly valid..

And as others said, Bloodborne and the Souls series have a solid fanbase (there's not a lot of people that jumps into it "just because it's cool", but you get a lot of people jumping into it "because they think the game is hard and that's a respectable platinum") also, the co-op makes almost everything redundant.. on top of that as far as I know Bloodborne only require 1 or 2 playthroughs while the others require more..

Really Demon's Souls started everything, and now anytime they release a Souls game everyone thinks it's a hard game and that they will get respect for getting that platinum.. This kind of mentality together with an easy way to get the platinum (co-op), makes the ideal conditions for everyone from trophy hunters to casual gamers that want to show off that they can get the platinum in a hard game.. so it was fated to become quite common since the start..

I have yet to plat it, but mainly because I haven't been in a mood to play it (same with Until Dawn.. even this is rarer the Bloodborne on PSN :lol:)..

PS: While I'm at it, I will leave here the PSN platinum rarity for Dark/Demon's Souls:

Demon's Souls EU - 2.9%

Demon's Souls US - 2.5%

Dark Souls - 6.0%

Some examples would be:

Cross Edge EU, on PSN is 8.4% here it's 2.90%

Disgaea 3 EU/PS3, on PSN is 3.6% here it's 3.39%

Disgaea 4 EU/PS3, on PSN is 2.0% here it's 1.91%

Disgaea D2 EU, on PSN is 10.7% here it's 5.86%

All it comes down to is the souls games getting easier. With each game its player's got better and better at the style. Plus the trophy list's are alot easier demon's souls is by far the hardest to platinum in comparison dark souls 1, 2 and Bloodborne as easy. With each game the plat became easier. 

The main reason for that is the people buying it are well aware of what this game is.

We all know the Souls games are hard, a test of mettle, an exercise in skill and learning by failing.  The industry has offered up 3 souls games prior to this, so you'll be well aware of what you're getting into before getting it.

You're not going to get many new patrons buying Bloodborne that are new to the franchise, and I would happily place a bet that an owner of Bloodborne also owns a least one other Souls game.

Then, the psychology of the individual that likes to square up to a challenge tessellates with that of a trophy hunter.  Completing games is a challenge and completing a Souls is a known challenge, a known quantity.

• Like 4

Rarity is that high because Bloodborne is quite straight to platinum. You need to beat the game only once so no surprises.

Let's not forget, Bloodborne is challencing yes but not unfair or cheap 

Along with Dark Souls, this^. Dark Souls was inherently difficult based on it's format, but the trophies were fairly straight forward and could be manipulated with co-op. A game like Thief, which is an Ultra Rare now, is not inherently difficult...just a tedious piece of trash.

Edited by rotoninja

I've never played a Souls's game and I can honestly say I brought the game because I had been told it was a challenge. I think this game brought a lot of people to the series as I'm now going to play the remaining titles. I think the plat rarity is mainly down to dedicated 'gamers' buying the game, not your average FIFA and COD only buyers, thus leading to these dedicated gamers to overcome the challenge.

I got the plat on my old account: kieranharley, it took me 1 month, 2 days. The 2 days were spent getting my ass handed to me, over and over by Defiled Amygdala... After this, the clean up is a breeze! I'm not the most skilled gamer nor a Souls fanatic, I just read a hell of a lot about the game before and during playing the game, as I imagine many do.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have played every Souls game and to be perfectly honest, this one was a joke compared to the others. I don't know if I would attribute this to the fact that I have been playing these types of games from the beginning, or because it was genuinely much easier than all the others. As Mayus said above, if you suck at this game, you can bring multiple people into your game to help you out. But they took it even a step further in this game and made it even easier by allowing you to summon people of higher level into your game as long as they have the same online password. My little brother is awful at the Souls games, but since he had the same online password as me, he was able to summon me into his game. Sure my health and attack were brought down to his level, but my defense stats all remained incredibly strong so I could just keep taking a beating from the bosses while he got in there and killed it. If they wouldn't have had that online password option, I feel like this would have been around 12-15% instead of 22%

• Like 4

Like a broken record, your average gamer isn't going to buy this and of course your Souls fans are somewhat dedicated to the series. I'm going for plat on this now and only had 1 play through when it was new. I'm not making it easy by summoning people, I'm not saving it to a thumb drive for multiple endings, I'll play to NG+++. The crowd that just want to plat for Efame are a small group with this series, for us older gamers there was a time when all games were difficult and the souls series are like gaming heaven.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There is something like this? o.O

Necropost, I know, but a great example of this is Mamorukun Curse. Here, the plat is (deservedly) UR, but on PSN, it's supposedly been achieved by over 20% of players. It's clearly a PSN glitch in that case.

Also, continuing the necropost, to the OP, don't discount the fact that this game had passwords, making it very easy to hook up with friends and shut out invaders, etc.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...

I've started this game yesterday - haven't gotten a trophy yet but I did update my trophy information afterwards.

It's not showing up on here though, even though my other 0% games do show up. Might be something with the game that makes PSNprofiles not see everyone who has it started without obtaining a trophy, and since this game probably has a lot of people deserting it before the first trophy...

As said by others, the PSN completion percentage is still high. About 7% compared to Assassin's Creed II with about 4%...