Project Platinum: J-Gems

Satoshi Ookami

Sign me up for JSDF, Onii-chan. I wanted to be a Gaijin though  :(I'll hack this system and make Reanbell a JSDF :awesome:

Games:

And like, thank you for doing this PP.....Baka!

Edited by YaoiGod

You wanted to be forever out of Japan? :awesome:

T-that's not it....urusai baka! 

I-i guess i'll just have to complete 3 other games to finally have my own Nekomimi features....Ufufufu.

B-Betsu ni k-k-kimi no t-tame jya n-nakatta kara sa!

N-n-nandayo?!.......B-baka. You're making me blush, stupid Senpai. :awesome:

Sign me up, I'll be getting that time consuming life taking Oreshika someday and some of the games I actually own, haven't played though..So I'll be a citizen I guess.

What left me confused is this: Is this games about japna or japanese mythology etc. or J-gems PP?

And still a little surprised that there's no Muramasa?? It's a great game.Plus it's about Japan And isn't Toukiden aswell? I know it's not a "Gem" but I wouldn't call Nier, Resonance of Fate "Gems" either. They got mixed reviews? Gem is usually something that's really good or pretty good. In Nier only good thing was the Soundrack as much as I can recall. Some of the other games are in the other hand very popular choices like: Valkyria Chronicles and Gravity Rush. So you can't start saying that some games are too popular or over-rated when I give you these other suggestions: Ni No Kuni (while not the world's greatest game it's still it was lovely. And it's Ghibli. What is more japan than having some Ghibli related thing in this PP?) Final Fantasy X(FF X has a great world and religion and well lots of thing which remind me of Japan..Yuna's dress, Lulu's looks and so on..The whole summoner and the fiend and the sending thing .Besides it was one of the best selling games on Ps2.)Akiba's trip( In this game you actually get to visit Akihabara!Well not actually but almost. And don't say it's too perv to strip your enemies in battle, I don't know if you have actually played Bayonetta but some of the poses in that game are well you know: in Japan. Plus it even has the one hand mode for special purposes) What about Yakuza series they are set in Japan right? :o (Don't tell me there not Japan enough when they are not "anime" enough? Such attitude is like cancer,toxic and saddens me very much..Japan is much more than anime and it's very sad if people don't know that.. >_<.)No More Heroes..(Well it's about anime-otaku assassin, it has lots of japanese humor and well it was pretty popular on Wii as much as I can recall. Plus you have to recharge your Force in a special way.The pervy stuff is pretty much japan also.. :D)Sorry for the long post but you asked for recommendations. Heh.

Sign me up, I'll be getting that time consuming life taking Oreshika someday and some of the games I actually own, haven't played though..So I'll be a citizen I guess.

What left me confused is this: Is this games about japna or japanese mythology etc. or J-gems PP?

And still a little surprised that there's no Muramasa?? It's a great game.Plus it's about Japan And isn't Toukiden aswell? I know it's not a "Gem" but I wouldn't call Nier, Resonance of Fate "Gems" either. They got mixed reviews? Gem is usually something that's really good or pretty good. In Nier only good thing was the Soundrack as much as I can recall. Some of the other games are in the other hand very popular choices like: Valkyria Chronicles and Gravity Rush. So you can't start saying that some games are too popular or over-rated when I give you these other suggestions: Ni No Kuni (while not the world's greatest game it's still it was lovely. And it's Ghibli. What is more japan than having some Ghibli related thing in this PP?) Final Fantasy X(FF X has a great world and religion and well lots of thing which remind me of Japan..Yuna's dress, Lulu's looks and so on..The whole summoner and the fiend and the sending thing .Besides it was one of the best selling games on Ps2.)Akiba's trip( In this game you actually get to visit Akihabara!Well not actually but almost. And don't say it's too perv to strip your enemies in battle, I don't know if you have actually played Bayonetta but some of the poses in that game are well you know: in Japan. Plus it even has the one hand mode for special purposes) What about Yakuza series they are set in Japan right? :o (Don't tell me there not Japan enough when they are not "anime" enough? Such attitude is like cancer,toxic and saddens me very much..Japan is much more than anime and it's very sad if people don't know that.. >_<.)No More Heroes..(Well it's about anime-otaku assassin, it has lots of japanese humor and well it was pretty popular on Wii as much as I can recall. Plus you have to recharge your Force in a special way.The pervy stuff is pretty much japan also.. :D)Sorry for the long post but you asked for recommendations. Heh.

Yea, recommendations, but possible ones. Apart from advising you to actually use paragraphs to make your posts readable better, I would advise you to read the Project Platinum rules before calling something toxic and cancer.

Games can only be in one PP (as rank up ones, they can be in multiple as special awards) and it¨s usually the first suggestion unless decided otherwise through discussion.

Muramasa - Vita Challenge Accepted, much earlier than this PP, and taking game from Vita CA is not really doable as there are almost none

Ni no Kuni - Was here obviously, I gave up that for its rightful Level 5 place

FF - Well, obviously FF PP?

Akiba Strip - Baka Hentai PP, again, much earlier than this PP

Yakuza - Um... maybe Yakuza PP?

No More Heroes - Um... around 40k owners through all 3 lists... that could work.

Nier and Gravity Rush. For future reference, would Nier Replicant count as another game because I would have to redo all the trophies or no?

Nope. Replicant is JP-only, I don't plan to add non-localized games =)

Well I guess if you count Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush Remastered as separate games then I'm Silver. Can I count NieR considering I 1000 G'ed it on Xbox? ;)

Added

Can I count NieR considering I 1000 G'ed it on Xbox? ;)

Obviously no, but I can remove one game of yours because you mentioned Xbox :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Yea, recommendations, but possible ones. Apart from advising you to actually use paragraphs to make your posts readable better, I would advise you to read the Project Platinum rules before calling something toxic and cancer.

Games can only be in one PP (as rank up ones, they can be in multiple as special awards) and it¨s usually the first suggestion unless decided otherwise through discussion.

Muramasa - Vita Challenge Accepted, much earlier than this PP, and taking game from Vita CA is not really doable as there are almost none

Ni no Kuni - Was here obviously, I gave up that for its rightful Level 5 place

FF - Well, obviously FF PP?

Akiba Strip - Baka Hentai PP, again, much earlier than this PP

Yakuza - Um... maybe Yakuza PP?

No More Heroes - Um... around 40k owners through all 3 lists... that could work.

Nope. Replicant is JP-only, I don't plan to add non-localized games =)

Added

Obviously no, but I can remove one game of yours because you mentioned Xbox :awesome:

Lol, who made the rules that some games can't be on multiple PPs that's just lame?While this whole thing is pretty unofficial it's not a law or anything,right? Who keeps watch the PP nazi? Like: you're having game from my PP! Come behind the corner so we'll shoot you! :o Well while you're at it put Odin's Sphere (unless someone already booked that one?)If it's getting localized.. Sorry been away from the site for a while. Can't know everything and read and check every list.  Though sharing opinions was still acceptable? The cancer/toxic thing was never meant to offend anyone, I thought this PP was all about: Japan has other games than anime and super moe. Guess not? How about making the description more clear: like yeah Japan only has anime and Nep games but here's the other crap? xD Joke, joke.. :D 

And why not put some Japan only games like Yomowari special awards ( or is it in some PP already?)? I'm not sure what your understanding of a gem is but it's very well received.Or have you played it? (Your trophy list is too long..)  This is J-gems PP  or is it? so naturally Japan only games could be in special awards or something? I don't think people would whine as much of it as in Tales PP and so on. it would introduce people to some great games which are never gonna get localized. Plus give some genre variety. And I didn't see Ni No Kuni anywhere. Or are some games on separate list? I must be blind because the PP nazi shot my eyes off. :D

Lol, who made the rules that some games can't be on multiple PPs that's just lame?While this whole thing is pretty unofficial it's not a law or anything,right? Who keeps watch the PP nazi? Like: you're having game from my PP! Come behind the corner so we'll shoot you! :o Well while you're at it put Odin's Sphere (unless someone already booked that one?)If it's getting localized.. Sorry been away from the site for a while. Can't know everything and read and check every list.  Though sharing opinions was still acceptable? The cancer/toxic thing was never meant to offend anyone, I thought this PP was all about: Japan has other games than anime and super moe. Guess not? How about making the description more clear: like yeah Japan only has anime and Nep games but here's the other crap? xD Joke, joke.. :D

And why not put some Japan only games like Yomowari special awards ( or is it in some PP already?)? I'm not sure what your understanding of a gem is but it's very well received.Or have you played it? (Your trophy list is too long..)  This is J-gems PP  or is it? so naturally Japan only games could be in special awards or something? I don't think people would whine as much of it as in Tales PP and so on. it would introduce people to some great games which are never gonna get localized. Plus give some genre variety. And I didn't see Ni No Kuni anywhere. Or are some games on separate list? I must be blind because the PP nazi shot my eyes off. :D

This is for Japanese made games meant to be good entry levels for those that have the bad notions of all Japanese games being hentai basically from my understanding as well as doing reasonably well player-count with only titles with an English release being counted for that reason.

Correct me if I am wrong Satoshi.

Also go read the main thread it is stickied at the top of this forum section and has links to every PP as well as the leaderboard with the leaderboard having most of the games in the actives listed although reserved and pending PPs also have a few games put aside although that is more for the reserved with pendings having games pinched.

This is for Japanese made games meant to be good entry levels for those that have the bad notions of all Japanese games being hentai basically from my understanding as well as doing reasonably well player-count with only titles with an English release being counted for that reason.

Sasuga Shana-tan.

Full marks for this :D

Lol, who made the rules that some games can't be on multiple PPs that's just lame?While this whole thing is pretty unofficial it's not a law or anything,right? Who keeps watch the PP nazi? Like: you're having game from my PP! Come behind the corner so we'll shoot you! :o

PP creator.

And it is rule. PP threads have to abide by them.

You should really give a read to the main thread's OP =)

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31432-project-platinum-general-info-and-leaderboard/

Also, what is lame about getting points only once?

So like... now I say I will add Neps here for lulz and suddenly get free 5 points in addition to 12 (yea I know, don't correct me Zone  :P) I already have for Neps? Don't you think that would be kinda unfair?

Well while you're at it put Odin's Sphere (unless someone already booked that one?)If it's getting localized.. 

This is definitely something I'm planning to get unless it fits somewhere else.

Again, localization is almost half a year away, too early to decide.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I forgot, it's already taken. It's in Princess PP.

How about making the description more clear: like yeah Japan only has anime and Nep games but here's the other crap? xD Joke, joke.. :D

Yea, this definitely sounds like a joke... 

Well no? :P

And why not put some Japan only games like Yomowari special awards ( or is it in some PP already?)? I'm not sure what your understanding of a gem is but it's very well received.Or have you played it? (Your trophy list is too long..)  This is J-gems PP  or is it? so naturally Japan only games could be in special awards or something?

If that's supposed to be Yomawari, then depending on its eventual difficulty it may end up in Vita Challenge Accepted as Hotaru no Nikki.

That all comes after it's localized, though.

And I wouldn't say my list is that long =D

Plus give some genre variety. And I didn't see Ni No Kuni anywhere. Or are some games on separate list? I must be blind because the PP nazi shot my eyes off. :D

Level 5 - Pending suggestions

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Also go read the main thread it is stickied at the top of this forum section and has links to every PP as well as the leaderboard with the leaderboard having most of the games in the actives listed although reserved and pending PPs also have a few games put aside although that is more for the reserved with pendings having games pinched.

Satoshi already told me that I have to read the rules, don't take me as an idiot who needs things repeated. But thanks for considering I might be of low intelligence. 

I didn't get that, atleast from the description of this PP especially when Bayonetta is pretty hentailike..And if No More Heroes gets in.. xD

Sasuga Shana-tan.

Full marks for this :D

PP creator.

And it is rule. PP threads have to abide by them.

You should really give a read to the main thread's OP =)

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31432-project-platinum-general-info-and-leaderboard/

Also, what is lame about getting points only once?

So like... now I say I will add Neps here for lulz and suddenly get free 5 points in addition to 12 (yea I know, don't correct me Zone  :P) I already have for Neps? Don't you think that would be kinda unfair?

This is definitely something I'm planning to get unless it fits somewhere else.

Again, localization is almost half a year away, too early to decide.

Yea, this definitely sounds like a joke... 

Well no? :P

If that's supposed to be Yomawari, then depending on its eventual difficulty it may end up in Vita Challenge Accepted as Hotaru no Nikki.

That all comes after it's localized, though.

And I wouldn't say my list is that long =D

Level 5 - Pending suggestions

Well it's like who books the good games first or something like that. :D if you get what I'm meaning. If someone for example would to like to do Falcom or Square PP they can't without a hellkind of discussion and fighting if they are allowed to do so because some games are already on some other list, if two lists were exactly the same then it would be a problem. Or if someone wanted to make a PP for Nier fans with only Nier games they can't because they already are on this list. Why there can't be multiple lists with the some of the same games or that some lists are included in some other or bigger lists. I dunno if they are? That would actually make it easier.

The whole points system sucks too, if you ask me. They are unofficial so they don't actually mean anything. They should remove them unless it becomes more official leaderboard or something. For me it's enough to have to be mentioned. :D

My list is too long for me too. :D 20 is still a readable list.

What's wrong with difficult games? xD They are the best for rising blood pressure.

Yes Yomawari but I just like to spam that o. I need my eyes back PP Nazis.

Speaking of No More Heroes, what about the other Suda/Grasshopper games? Kiler is Dead and Shadow's of the Damned ? Are they taken by other PP? I know that Lollipop Chainsaw is already taken by the Zombie PP.

Iirc, Zone planned to make Suda PP.

What's wrong with difficult games? xD They are the best for rising blood pressure.

There's nothing wrong, CA just has preference unless the game fits some other PP perfectly ;)

Iirc, Zone planned to make Suda PP.

I'd have liked to make one but there aren't enough games for a PP (at least not localized ones anyway) Besides Lollipop already belongs in the Zombie PP. 

Why there can't be multiple lists with the some of the same games or that some lists are included in some other or bigger lists. I dunno if they are? That would actually make it easier.

People prefer it this way. It also greatly reduces the amount of PP threads being made, since not everyone is so keen on the whole PP spam :P

The whole points system sucks too, if you ask me. They are unofficial so they don't actually mean anything. They should remove them unless it becomes more official leaderboard or something. For me it's enough to have to be mentioned. :D

Oh you mean this ? Yeah, ofcourse it's 'unofficial'. We made it ourselves. A lot of work has gone into it (way too much, actually) Is there a point in it? Not really no. Do people enjoy it? Well it seems so. So why should we stop with it?

I need my eyes back PP Nazis.

To reply on the whole PP Nazi thingy. I agree that there are a lot of rules in place, no system is perfect. I have gotten some criticism about "trademarking" the term, or idea, behind a project platinum. But that's not the case. If you want to create something similar, then you're free to do so - no hard feelings at all. You'd not be the first.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Wow - a thread on the good games out of Japan. How did I miss this?

You deliberately avoid my threads? :awesome:

I have plats in Nier, Resonance of Fate and Okami HD.

You are added!

And very special addition this is!

It's the historically absolutely first addition while on the new subforum! :D

Banzai!

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Nah, just one missing, I'm pretty sure Suda will pop something else eventually =D

Well, there's that one awfull game that killed Lily Bergamo for the PS4 coming up... :rolleyes:  But anyway, Lollipop is taken already, it broke the collection up and can't be used again, and it would be a pain to remove it later, might as well just take the rest already.

I'd have liked to make one but there aren't enough games for a PP (at least not localized ones anyway) Besides Lollipop already belongs in the Zombie PP. 

People prefer it this way. It also greatly reduces the amount of PP threads being made, since not everyone is so keen on the whole PP spam :P

Oh you mean this ? Yeah, ofcourse it's 'unofficial'. We made it ourselves. A lot of work has gone into it (way too much, actually) Is there a point in it? Not really no. Do people enjoy it? Well it seems so. So why should we stop with it?

To reply on the whole PP Nazi thingy. I agree that there are a lot of rules in place, no system is perfect. I have gotten some criticism about "trademarking" the term, or idea, behind a project platinum. But that's not the case. If you want to create something similar, then you're free to do so - no hard feelings at all. You'd not be the first.

I know this is not the actual place to discuss this but on my opinion having to ask for a permission to add some game on some Project Platinum is like robbing the freedom out of people. Wouldn't it be easier to give ranks to Project Platinums or something like that? So that you have to complete a lower Project to move on to the next rank. That would keep the games on only one Project while there could be different kind of Projects.  And is there a Project 100% where the games with no platinum get some love? It would give less points(for the people who actually care about the imaginary points).

Here's what I had mind, I dunno if someone else has thought about it if there would be a ranked system. All the ranks give you award for clearing 1,2,3 and however they are going right now..except the special rank? These are just examples.

Bronze Project: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc. ( Complete 3 from each to move on silver rank?)

Silver Project: Square Enix Rpg, Other Square etc. (Must have compeleted atleast three FF games and three KH games to go this rank)

Gold Project: All Square Enix Games (Must have completed atleast 3 from Sqaure Rpgs and Other Sqaure games)

Platinum: All the big game companies (Must have completed atleast 3 from All Sqaure Enix Games and some other big game companies)

Special Project: Norse Mythology Games, Games About Cakes, Project 100% (Having these would give you no points, or just very little points)

I dunno what you had in mind when you created this whole thing but I though it was to bring people who like the same kind of games together.

And for example this J-Gems PP is a rather big concept if you ask me: and with the current system most of the J-Gems cannot be added because they are already somewhere else. And everyone has their own opinions which game is a gem and which is not, so yes a big concept. So while the ranks system would complicate things it would also serve the people who need the points system and love to compete, actually I think it would even increase the competition. I'm not saying you should make a ranked system, but having at least an option to create a Special Project for Games About Cakes or something like that without worrying about it having the same game as on some other PP would loosen up the things a little, and give people who love cakes option to show that they love cakes. And like I said no points on these special project or very little points would serve these Projects well, if it's actually so important not get points from the same game twice.

Yes "trademarking" something like this sounds a little bit over cocky, has the person who made the first trophy guide,platinum club,trophy leader board,points system or trophy list made a rule that they must be praised/mentioned in every single sentence which is about the thing they made first? No I don't think so.. :) Every trophy guide looks the same no matter which site you look yet no one credits the person who started making them with that layout first. And I think Project Platinum layout looks very much like a trophy guides' all around the internet, so nothing new there to trademark. The whole Project Platinum thing is about grouping or to categorize the games right? that has been done many times before too. Even the name can be found from all around the internet. So only thing you could actually trademark or "call yours" is the points system. And points have been made before too. So I've got no idea what you want to trademark or what you could really, if you were actually going to?Yes anyone could do the same, call it something different, with not so many rules and give stars or trophies instead of points. Simple as that.(Not going to because I'm too lazy) Not to mention that you want to decide everything regarding to Project Platinums. It would be more understandable if you were the creator of this site or if the Projects were to become official. But like you said: you get shit on you all the time about this, even though I'm not the big fan of the system, I still respect the idea and am happy to see something like that is created in this site as well. But more freedom would be nice, since this is not "that new" idea. 

Edited by killivincent