post your favorite game genre

yiazmat50112254

53 members have voted

1. 1. post your favorite game genre

Rhythm... VN.... Roguelike RPG... surprisingly...2 of them are not in the choices :P

Mines isn't listed.  Hack n' Slash.  People might class it as action, but Hack n' Slash limits it more to games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta etc.

Also like fighters and JRPGs a lot too. :)

Rhythm games and visual novels. Neither of which are listed, I recommend adding an 'Other' option to the poll

about the missing parts of the poll, first i shall explain why: i tried to only post the main genres and not the subgenre's and don't know about of all genre's (because almost all my games are rpg's) so i combined what i know with what i could find on the internet and made the poll with that information. 

about the adding of a other option: it's actually a good idea but the problem is: there will be other persons who will think of it's favorite subgenre as it is a main genre, and think because it is not posted they should post it in the other option but they actually should have chose the main genre which his subgenre belongs to, and this misunderstandings will make the poll incorrect.

because i don't always know the difference between the main and subgenres i can't always add a new option to the poll when it is posted but i do have added the rhythm genre because that really sounds to me like a main genre.

in short: this are all the reasons, so thanks for all the posts and this information. if there are more genres missing and you post them i will add it of course (if i know enough about it to classify it as a main genre of course)

apologies for the missing parts and have fun with posting.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

My main favorite are JRPGs and other RPGS (I often shorten both of them to J/RPGS). I enjoy action games too and MGS is really hooking me on stealth, though I think it's the only one I've played so I'll have to try out more to know if it's considered a favorite to me. I also like fighting games but I'm super terrible at them so I'll have to get better in order to get the full experience.

I'm pretty keen on any genre though, I like trying things that are outside of my comfort zone.