SS Rank Run Question

DaRetroOne

If you get a C or anything lower than an SS or S then your best bet is to just start the mission over since it auto-saves as soon as you get the rank. There are a few missions where you can get away with an A or two, but that's it. I believe I saw someone use the backup save file method though. So every SS or S they got, they would save so they don't have to restart the entire mission.

Yup, backup-saving as often as possible is the safest way to go about it. 

Note that fights that end in a cutscene (mostly bosses) only save the game after the cutscene so you can actually back out of the game if you mess up your rank on those. Check the guide for any more extensive info that i forgot about by now.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Difficulty wise, how does this stand against MGR?

Much easier.

Doesn't ask a lot from the player beyond the SS run. That doesn't have to be done on the hardest difficulty -- and it can easily be achieved via the machine gun trick if you wanted to go that route. 

• Like 1

I have a question: I completed all missions in Commander with SS rank but in different runs, but when I completed the last chapter missing with an SS i did not get the trophy. I have to complete it in one run with the same character getting all SS again??

You shouldn't have too. Not quite sure what the problem is. I would double check every mission just in case.

I have a question: I completed all missions in Commander with SS rank but in different runs, but when I completed the last chapter missing with an SS i did not get the trophy. I have to complete it in one run with the same character getting all SS again??

Try checking your Rankings in the main menu. For some reason it wouldn't unlock for some people until they looked in that menu again. Looking at the screenshot from when I got it, I think the same thing happened to me.

• Like 1

Try checking your Rankings in the main menu. For some reason it wouldn't unlock for some people until they looked in that menu again. Looking at the screenshot from when I got it, I think the same thing happened to me.

That's the workaround!! I watched the statistics of every single chapter in record menu and the trophy popped while I opened the last chapter statistics page.

Thanks for the tip :wave:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having a issue with back up save method saving the rank of a earlier attempt?

Like I got a b on mission 2 of ch 6 so I reloaded my save and got a ss I finished off the ch with 5 ss and a s and got to title and for some reason the b rank that I redid was counted and not the ss.

So instead of the above ranks I ended up with 4 ss 1 s and a b which totally screwed me over.. pretty frustrated.

I was wondering if I can use story mode to replay ch 6 and get the ss then use the workaround or if I'll have to redo all and get ss ranks in all chapters again.

Anyone know?

Also I've had this happen in earlier chp but they had a lot of missions so I was still able to receive a overall rank off ss.

Edited by ScracKy92

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, Wesley said:

Much easier.

Doesn't ask a lot from the player beyond the SS run. That doesn't have to be done on the hardest difficulty -- and it can easily be achieved via the machine gun trick if you wanted to go that route. 

What's the machine gun trick?

For the no damage boss trophies, what is a cheap/overpowered weapon I can use for Soundwave and Megatron? Currently using a sniper that's 3k in damage and my ranged attack is at 800. For the other bosses, I jump and dodge and shoot and when they get low I use a Power Boost and shot them more.

17 hours ago, DrHambone said:

What's the machine gun trick?

For the no damage boss trophies, what is a cheap/overpowered weapon I can use for Soundwave and Megatron? Currently using a sniper that's 3k in damage and my ranged attack is at 800. For the other bosses, I jump and dodge and shoot and when they get low I use a Power Boost and shot them more.

You just use a low-level machine gun and go for headshots. 

For the no-damage boss trophies, your best weapons and an attack booster before an ultimate attack. Sideswipe in particular is a good choice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wesley said:

You just use a low-level machine gun and go for headshots. 

For the no-damage boss trophies, your best weapons and an attack booster before an ultimate attack. Sideswipe in particular is a good choice. 

Is there a certain score to beat for SS? I did a ton of headshots on Constructobots and I got an A. Also, I feel like I can get S ranks easier when just fighting and going in normally, but not all the time. I'm able to SS a few bosses.

Also, I can't get Urban Landscaping to pop. I am pushing him into the walls. I just did it 4 times in the first fights and 3 times in the second fight. Thoughts?

On 2/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, DrHambone said:

Is there a certain score to beat for SS? I did a ton of headshots on Constructobots and I got an A. Also, I feel like I can get S ranks easier when just fighting and going in normally, but not all the time. I'm able to SS a few bosses.

Also, I can't get Urban Landscaping to pop. I am pushing him into the walls. I just did it 4 times in the first fights and 3 times in the second fight. Thoughts?

IIRC, 550-600 is a good spot to aim for. That is easily attainable. Like I said, low-rank machine gun on Commander difficulty should do it. Make sure your Autobot is of a lower level as well. 

Queer. Use a single sword and do three heavy attacks. That's the quickest way to yield a vehicle attack to knock DEVASTATOR into a building. I implore you to upload your attemps so that I may view them. 

Also, I'm one of the world's best TRANSFORMERS: Devastation players. Not saying that with arrogance, but I have the world record for fastest time to Platinum by over 24 hours. So it's a good thing you chose to ask me about questions relating to these trophies, as I have platinum-ed it four times and earned all of the Steam achievements, lol. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wesley said:

@DrHambone -- how are your attempts going?

Honestly gave up on the game lol.

BUT I will try again and let you know. I was using Optimism then swapped to Bumblebee. Maybe it's because I'm using Dual Swords? I am legit knocking him into the building. I'll try 3 times and if it doesn't work, I'll record a clip for ya!

Will it pop in the fight itself?

On 3/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, DrHambone said:

Honestly gave up on the game lol.

BUT I will try again and let you know. I was using Optimism then swapped to Bumblebee. Maybe it's because I'm using Dual Swords? I am legit knocking him into the building. I'll try 3 times and if it doesn't work, I'll record a clip for ya!

Will it pop in the fight itself?

Did you try the single sword like I had recommended?