100% Super easy now

Sinthoras_96

Interesting. The Devs for Beach Buggy were apparently told by Sony that they couldn't patch the game to lower the trophy requirements as that would be unfair.

Hi XXX,

We actually did submit changes to Sony for making the trophies easier, but Sony told us that they did not want us to change them because it would de-value the trophy for those people who had already earned them. Hence, no change for PS4. On the bright side, we fixed a bug that was preventing offline players from earning trophies, so if you earned a trophy but didn't get it, you should be able to play again now and get those.

Your friends are likely on Xbox One.

Hope that answers your email sufficiently.

Happy New Year to you too!

-- Deb (Vector Unit Support)

Either more Sony BS, or this was snuck into the patch without Sony being informed.

• Like 2

Re-installed the game and i am level 86 LOL. IIRC ii was like level 18 or something.

Nice. Now i still need to boost the survival trophies though :P

I also got the star agent trophy.

EDIT: Is the 50k GP still a grind? Or did that get patched too?

Edited by Zone Hunter

Re-installed the game and i am level 86 LOL. IIRC ii was like level 18 or something.

Looks like the 50k GP is still the same and will now be the grindiest trophy. They've added missions now, though, so you can earn a bit extra GP for doing those.

This is a real kick in the teeth for people who did the 100% pre-patch...

People, who did this pre-patch probably enjoyed the hell out of the game ;) I had already 6 Million XP ^^

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Just logged in and got the level 34 trophy immediately lol

No Problem :)

Interesting. The Devs for Beach Buggy were apparently told by Sony that they couldn't patch the game to lower the trophy requirements as that would be unfair.

Hi XXX,

We actually did submit changes to Sony for making the trophies easier, but Sony told us that they did not want us to change them because it would de-value the trophy for those people who had already earned them. Hence, no change for PS4. On the bright side, we fixed a bug that was preventing offline players from earning trophies, so if you earned a trophy but didn't get it, you should be able to play again now and get those.

Either more Sony BS, or this was snuck into the patch without Sony being informed.

Well, changing a Trophy and changing the leveling system ingame are 2 cups of tea. The Trophy in BLR is still the same: Reach max Level. But what max Level actually is has been changed. In the case of the game your are talking about, they probably wanted to change the Trophy itself ;)

Yep 50k GP is still a grind. Without the GP duplicator you will probably need around 750k - 1 Million XP. But I highly suggest to get the GP Duplicator because, well .... obviously it doubles the amount of GP you get after every match. Its a 500 coins one time perm buy. So basically it costs like 5 dollars/euros. If you had the prime membership before, you will get the duplicator for free. Hope this answers your question :)

• Like 1

Hi XXX,

That's strange. I remember Tomb Raider having a trophy requirement changed. For the buy all characters in multiplayer you had to prestige 3 times to buy the last character then they patched it so that it wasn't required.

• Like 1

That's strange. I remember Tomb Raider having a trophy requirement changed. For the buy all characters in multiplayer you had to prestige 3 times to buy the last character then they patched it so that it wasn't required.

Yeah but the Trophy itself was still the same. Another example would be BF Hardline 40k Kill Trophies. For some reason they can´t change them. I assume its because in this case they would have to change the Trophy description and everything. But here in BLR and in TombRaider the Trophy itself wasn´t touched.

Yeah but the Trophy itself was still the same. Another example would be BF Hardline 40k Kill Trophies. For some reason they can´t change them. I assume its because in this case they would have to change the Trophy description and everything. But here in BLR and in TombRaider the Trophy itself wasn´t touched.

That's not true either as there have been games where they outright changed the unlock requirement. Most recently I can think of driveclub where they made it so you need to max two more of the accolades for the one trophy instead of the original 5 or whatever. Also Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate you had to originally win 5 online games in a row for the one trophy, but they just changed it to straight win 5 games (which makes the trophy redundant because the trophy for advancing a league requires 7 wins.)

Might go back to this now, just because it's free URs at this point.

• Like 1

Games have had actual trophy requirements *and* descriptions *and* names change before. In Plants vs. Zombies Vita, the trophy for getting 3 diamonds on a slot machine was changed (along with its description) to just requiring you to get 3 matching symbols (of any type).

Similarly, trophies have even had their name changed before.

Edited by NathanielJohn

As I understood it, they were trying to patch the distance award rate, not change the trophy description. I think they wanted the races to countdown longer distances.

In any case, I still can't see myself playing this game. But interesting nonetheless that Sony allowed this change

But interesting nonetheless that Sony allowed this change

1. Why wouldnt Sony allow this? Otherwise we would have a buggy unobtainable Trophy.

2. I dont know if you are familiar with the game, but they completely changed the whole level up system in the game.  Instead of 12 Million XP Level 69 its now 500k XP Level 100 with the option to go prestige. I mean: Why would they even have to ask Sony? Imagine DICE would do such a big change in Battlefield or Activision in CoD and it would affect a Trophy, do you really think it would be like: Hey, we cant do these changes because Sony is bitching around with their PSN Trophies. So yeah, all gamers on PC, Xbox and PS are fucked because of a Trophy. Like WTF? I mean since when do Trophies/Achievements have an impact on changes to gameplay itself? That doesnt make any sense for me.

3. They probably didnt even ask Sony. When the patch was released, the Devs totally forgot to adjust the Trophy unlock stats. So for the first day, the Trophy was glitched. When one of the Devs heard about it, he was like: "Oh Im gonna adjust these Trophies tomorrow when Im back in office". And guess what? He simply did it! Next Day the Trophy was fixed. I dont think he had to ask Sony at all.

See here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Blacklight-Retribution-General/Level-Cap-Trophy-problem/td-p/45618660/page/3

And then the fix next morning: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Blacklight-Retribution-General/Trophies-Update/td-p/45620681

So I really think its not a big deal to adjust/fix Trophies, as long as the Trophy itself isnt affected (like it would be in BFH).

• Like 1

Trophy guide says that level cap is 70 (pre patch), I am level 85 now and was wondering what the max level is now.

1. Why wouldnt Sony allow this? Otherwise we would have a buggy unobtainable Trophy.

2. I dont know if you are familiar with the game, but they completely changed the whole level up system in the game.  Instead of 12 Million XP Level 69 its now 500k XP Level 100 with the option to go prestige. I mean: Why would they even have to ask Sony? Imagine DICE would do such a big change in Battlefield or Activision in CoD and it would affect a Trophy, do you really think it would be like: Hey, we cant do these changes because Sony is bitching around with their PSN Trophies. So yeah, all gamers on PC, Xbox and PS are fucked because of a Trophy. Like WTF? I mean since when do Trophies/Achievements have an impact on changes to gameplay itself? That doesnt make any sense for me.

3. They probably didnt even ask Sony. When the patch was released, the Devs totally forgot to adjust the Trophy unlock stats. So for the first day, the Trophy was glitched. When one of the Devs heard about it, he was like: "Oh Im gonna adjust these Trophies tomorrow when Im back in office". And guess what? He simply did it! Next Day the Trophy was fixed. I dont think he had to ask Sony at all.

See here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Blacklight-Retribution-General/Level-Cap-Trophy-problem/td-p/45618660/page/3

And then the fix next morning: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Blacklight-Retribution-General/Trophies-Update/td-p/45620681

So I really think its not a big deal to adjust/fix Trophies, as long as the Trophy itself isnt affected (like it would be in BFH).

You answered my question than on max level.

• Like 1

N++ changed requirements for one of it's trophies too, so that it doesn't require co-op anymore. :P Somewhat sneaky about it though, as it's about turning on a setting, but you gotta unlock it and they changed the requirement to unlock it.

Edited by MMDE

Anyone else not getting Top Agent to unlock? Star Agent, the one for reaching 34 popped when I signed in but I've played a bunch of games and Top Agent won't go. I'm almost at level 80 now, and the previous cap was 70, wasn't it? So I should have it, shouldn't I? Or is the level cap now 100 for the trophy too?