Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damon8r351

No Man's Sky: A Speculative Trophy List Discussion

21 posts in this topic

No, the trophy list isn't out yet, calm yourself. My drive to work is a long one so I get to think a lot, and yesterday I was thinking about the trophy list for No Man's Sky. I used to think it would be another one of those games that has 13 trophies, no plat, takes less than 8 hours to complete, and shows up green on your profile (I call those minor games in honor of the IAU's minor planet designation for Pluto). Now I'm pretty sure it's going to be closer to 32 or 38. So here's what I think, based on notes from the developers:

One gold trophy will be for reaching the center of the galaxy. The goal of the game is to reach the center of the galaxy.

A trophy for landing on certain numbers of planets. This is just for setting foot on them, not discovering them for the first time.

A trophy for discovering a smaller number of planets for the first time. The number of planets is going to be in the quintillions, so this shouldn't be a problem.

A trophy for setting foot on a smaller number of inhabitable planets. These only constitute 10% of the planets from what the developers say.

A trophy for discovering an inhabitable planet(s) for the first time.

A trophy for re-naming a certain number of things for the first time since its discovery. You only get to name things like this if you discover them first, from what the developers say.

A trophy for making a certain number of credits though trading.

A trophy for crafting a certain number of equipment upgrades.

A trophy for purchasing a new ship.

A trophy for surviving a certain number of hostile encounters.

At least one trophy to find an annoyingly hard to find collectible of some sort that will likely be the last thing you get before the plat.

The rest of the discussion belongs to you.

I think there'd also be an hours played trophy. I'd guess something small like 24 hours would probably be a bronze trophy. Something around 300 hours would probably be a gold.

There's some opportunity to interact with alien factions in this game. I bet there's going to be some trophies to win favor with one.

A trophy for visiting every planet in the galaxy.  Probably not that would be a real dick move but still very funny.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that one or two trophies will be really grindy or hard. Just based on their past games it feels like it's inevitable. Like trading 1000000 credits (and you might get like 20 each time) or something like that. I might be way off though :D

No, the trophy list isn't out yet, calm yourself. My drive to work is a long one so I get to think a lot, and yesterday I was thinking about the trophy list for No Man's Sky.

I guess we will probably have to wait a bit longer to find out:  http://www.parentherald.com/articles/19733/20160208/no-mans-sky-release-date-and-update-video-game-in-deep-trouble-release-date-delay-causes-game-to-have-no-fan-impact.htm

Playstation VR ruins it again. EDIT: Wait, I didn't expect No Man's Sky much before June anyway.

Edited by damon8r351

That article has no sources and I doubt much legitimacy to it, it doesn't feel like there's even a story there. No Mans Sky has been confirmed for June but tbh I half expect a delay due to the scale of the game and the small dev team.

A trophy for visiting every planet in the galaxy.  Probably not that would be a real dick move but still very funny.

Well... that's one way how to create unobtainable Platinum without glitches =D

From some interviews I think they said that the 'goal' of the game was to get to the centre of the universe.. but it's really hard to do.. so I suspect that that will be the dick move trophy.. as for the June release date it got pulled back which was in the news last month I think? Not alot of info on it so I might be wrong..

Only as difficult as it would be to buy enough fuel to get there would be; this game's going to be like the Elite series in that you'll need fuel to travel. Unless there's some barrier around the center like in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

I am kind of behind with the times, but did they ever release an actual objective to the game rather than explore and reach the center of the galaxy? Like can you make a home base on a planet you find or something along those lines? 

No, it's another in a long line of open ended space exploration games dating back to the 80s like the Elite series where you explore, trade, blow up stuff, whatever you feel like. Going out into the galaxy and finding stuff to do is the goal.

Edited by damon8r351

How the hell did that get past an editor? Did Chrome auto translate that page or something, or was that actually someone's actual attempt at English? 

On topic: 

I think we'll see the trophies we expect (collect X resources, make X upgrades, reach X location, Name a planet, name an animal, name a plant, win a dogfight, etc) but I hope there are some surprising ones too. They could do something interesting with viral trophies given the unlikelihood of players running into one another, or maybe they could put an easter egg on one planet, with an associated trophy. 

How the hell did that get past an editor? Did Chrome auto translate that page or something, or was that actually someone's actual attempt at English? 

It's so bad I can't decide if its infuriating or amusing.

"In recent reports, there has been a loss of interest in MMO games, such as what is happening to the game "Destiny" and "Hearthstone" and if "No Man's Sky" continues on delaying the release of their game it could mean that it will procure a lukewarm reception from the fans. Despite that "No Man's Sky" promises to give a whole new experience in gaming and only time will show if their promise holds up.​"

In other news Hearthstone is now an MMO.

For $60 it sure seems like it is a "full" game and I would expect a pretty standard list of trophies. I just hope the Platinum has a cool name, like Master of the Universe, or Star Lord.

Edited by StarFang7

I don't under stand, if someone already playing this game , why the trophy list isn't out yet?

I don't under stand, if someone already playing this game , why the trophy list isn't out yet?

The trophies are procedurally generated :awesome:

The trophies are procedurally generated :awesome:

That's a good one xD