Project Platinum: Challenge Accepted! (Vita)

Hemiak

I got frustrated because i couldn't even pass the 2nd advanced world. But i'm kinda thinking about trying it again also because of this thread and also because of the awesome plat image :P

Titan Souls has an average difficulty of 7.27 on the vita difficulty thread. Thats probably why it isn't added.

On a 2nd note i did a quick calculation at it came at a 7.61 average difficulty rating now. The last update on that thread was like 6 months ago which makes the difficulty ratings kinda invalid atm.

Hemiak if you want the current up to date average difficulty's i could help you with that. But if you just want to stay it like this its alright with me, but then again what if that thread does get updated what will happen then?

Anyway just let me know. :)

That's awesome claws, just out of curiosity do you know the score for rayman legends on the vita? Was one of my first ultra plats and also one of the most time consuming and frustrating because of the hard challenges

That's awesome claws, just out of curiosity do you know the score for rayman legends on the vita? Was one of my first ultra plats and also one of the most time consuming and frustrating because of the hard challenges

Well the difficulty rating for Rayman Legends is 7,90. But it wont get added because of 2 rules

-ALL games from a series MUST qualify independently. Rayman origins doesn't meet the requirements.

-Games must have < 55 hrs avg. estimated plat time This game takes way longer than 55 hours ^^

• Like 1

Well the difficulty rating for Rayman Legends is 7,90. But it wont get added because of 2 rules

-ALL games from a series MUST qualify independently. Rayman origins doesn't meet the requirements.

-Games must have < 55 hrs avg. estimated plat time This game takes way longer than 55 hours ^^

That's awesome, glad to see a good score for rayman, was indeed a pain getting a diamond cup on a online challenge. I was aware of the rule I just wanted to know how well rayman legends standed among the plats.

Hopefully Titan souls will be added, to close my trinity from the last 3 months of last year, got rogue, souls and muramasa all side by side

Sign me up under "A New Hope" I have the following games, but none of them with a plat:

• Muramasa Rebirth
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
  • OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood

I may also have Rogue Legacy and Wipeout 2048  (Though I'm not sure as they're from PS+ and I haven't checked my download list recently)

That's awesome, glad to see a good score for rayman, was indeed a pain getting a diamond cup on a online challenge. I was aware of the rule I just wanted to know how well rayman legends standed among the plats.

Hopefully Titan souls will be added, to close my trinity from the last 3 months of last year, got rogue, souls and muramasa all side by side

Only problem with that is that Origins is definitely harder than Legends, but RL takes all that grinding, so people rate it as harder... that's not how it's supposed to work.

I looked at Titan Souls and it wasn't high enough, but if that hasn't been updated in months I'll have to do some more digging on several games.

I got frustrated because i couldn't even pass the 2nd advanced world. But i'm kinda thinking about trying it again also because of this thread and also because of the awesome plat image :P

Titan Souls has an average difficulty of 7.27 on the vita difficulty thread. Thats probably why it isn't added.

On a 2nd note i did a quick calculation at it came at a 7.61 average difficulty rating now. The last update on that thread was like 6 months ago which makes the difficulty ratings kinda invalid atm.

Hemiak if you want the current up to date average difficulty's i could help you with that. But if you just want to stay it like this its alright with me, but then again what if that thread does get updated what will happen then?

Anyway just let me know. :)

I'd welcome the help on finding the correct scores. And to answer your question, if a game gets voted up diff wise I'll add it in later. And if a game gets voted down I'll remove it. I'm not infallible, and these numbers are all subjectively objective anyway.

If anybody notices a game that fits ALL the criteria let me know and ill add it in, or if a game slips on the rankings I can remove it if it drops below grade.

To make sure that I don't get in a scenario where I'm adding/removing the same game multiple times I'm adding one small caveat. To remove a game, it has to drop below 7.25 once it's in.

Only problem with that is that Origins is definitely harder than Legends, but RL takes all that grinding, so people rate it as harder... that's not how it's supposed to work.

I looked at Titan Souls and it wasn't high enough, but if that hasn't been updated in months I'll have to do some more digging on several games.

I'd welcome the help on finding the correct scores. And to answer your question, if a game gets voted up diff wise I'll add it in later. And if a game gets voted down I'll remove it. I'm not infallible, and these numbers are all subjectively objective anyway.

If anybody notices a game that fits ALL the criteria let me know and ill add it in, or if a game slips on the rankings I can remove it if it drops below grade.

To make sure that I don't get in a scenario where I'm adding/removing the same game multiple times I'm adding one small caveat. To remove a game, it has to drop below 7.25 once it's in.

Alright sure, ill do that when i wake up tomorrow :)

And that idea sounds good that a game has to reach 7.25 to get removed.

That's not true. Rayman Legends on PS3/PS4 is rated lower (6/10) than Rayman Origins on PS3 (7/10). The reason that Rayman Legends on Vita is rated so much higher is because of the trophy for getting a Diamond Cup in an online challenge, which is *way* harder than anything in the PS3/PS4 version of either game.

Edited by NathanielJohn

Firefly is difficult? From what bloddmoney said, i thought it was just shit.

Hotaru no Nikki for me.

The hell what? o.O

It's a bit of both. Some trophies are just incredibly frustrating.

Firefly is easy enough as a game, but there are a couple of tough trophies. The game was ok. I don't agree with the trophy rating - it really isn't more than a 6/10, but I know some people have a horribly difficult time on the two perfect maze sequences. I had to use a stylus in the end to clear them, but it only took about an hour. Total plat time is 10 hours max.

I looked at both games, difficulty wise they both fit, but unless the time votes get a little lower than current I can't add them.  I know some people troll, or get frustrated 3 hours into a game, and just click 100+, so if I know someone personally who has finished a game and kept an accurate tally of their time I will add games.

lol, thanks man

It was originally in the running.  It looked doable in 20-30 max so I had it there.  Then realized that one trophy completely jacks the game.  If it's ever patched I'll add it definitely, but I can't in good conscience add a game that isn't obtainable.

I heard it's both, but I don't discriminate.  xD  Seriously though, apparently a few of the puzzles are pretty tricky and difficult to pull off.

Everyone to this point has been added to the OP, I'll add links to your names in the next year or so.

Yeh I need to go back to SMB (Super Meat Boy) at some stage, just got burnt out on it after playing a lot to do the other no death runs, hopefully I'll be able to finish it off when I get back to it.

SMB (Super Monkey Ball :P ) is definitely hard, I was actually pretty close to being able to go through all of advanced with no continues. Quite tempted to go back to it now due to this thread :D

The online trophy for little deviants is very glitched and makes it very difficult for anyone to plat, especially people just starting the game now. That's why it wasn't included in the list of games.

That's a totally valid point on Little Deviants. It would suck for people trying to plat it now, cause the challenge trophy really is glitched. That said, the rarest and hardest trophy is definitely for getting all Golds. Still my rarest trophy at 0.89% (not counting the LD Plat itself, at 0.60%).

Question on the all games in a series issue - what is the rationale for that (not trying to argue, I'm just wondering how/why that came to be a rule in these threads).

Velocity 2X is a legitimately hard plat. Why does it matter that Velocity Ultra isn't as difficult (although still not an easy plat)?

Would this rule disqualify COD Declassified, even though it is the only entry in the series available on the Vita?

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

Question on the all games in a series issue - what is the rationale for that (not trying to argue, I'm just wondering how/why that came to be a rule in these threads).

Velocity 2X is a legitimately hard plat. Why does it matter that Velocity Ultra isn't as difficult (although still not an easy plat)?

Would this rule disqualify COD Declassified, even though it is the only entry in the series available on the Vita?

I believe that rule was created in order to prevent certain franchises/series from being broken up when they could be used in a different PP thread or have one on their own. For example, you wouldn't want someone using say Dead Space 2 in a PP when it's possible that Dead Space could get another game in the future and have it's own PP. In this case, I doubt Rayman will have enough games to qualify for a PP in the near future, but if it did, it would suck if it couldn't be created because someone used Rayman Legends already.

Also, COD Declassified is already being used in the COD thread so it can't be used in another PP.

Edited by MStalker58

I looked at Titan Souls and it wasn't high enough, but if that hasn't been updated in months I'll have to do some more digging on several games. I'd welcome the help on finding the correct scores. And to answer your question, if a game gets voted up diff wise I'll add it in later. And if a game gets voted down I'll remove it. I'm not infallible, and these numbers are all subjectively objective anyway.

It's not true Hemiak, I don't know if you're aware but the vita version has a different list and it's way harder than both origins and legends combined from the Ps3, believe me being on the 1% of best players from a specific challenge to win a diamond cup is way harder than all the levels on origin and legends base game

I am actually aware of the diamond Challenge requirement, but to my knowledge, that's the only difference. I earned two diamond challenges working through when I earned it on the ps3.

One of the main PP rules is that if you take a game, you have to take all games from that franchise. Still.curious why Tales from the Borderlands was allowed to be taken by itself. I realize it's a different type of game but it's)pp the same franchise. :shrug: I think it's to keep people from starting "favorites" PPs by taking only one or two games from a bunch of different series.

I looked at Velocity 2x, but V-Ultra is like a 6.75, I'd rather leave out one or two hard games than cheapen the thread by putting in easier stuff. The reason I have Wipeout 2048 here is that I have WO:HD in the ps3 thread. I'm also keeping an eye on Catalyst for the ps4 thread, if it's too easy I'll probably have to remove the original from the ps3 thread. :(

And yeah, I'd love to have DeadS 2 and MGR:R but they're both part of something bigger.

Edit: everybody up to here should be added let me know if you don't see yourself.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

The vita had the fewest games exclusive to the system, so it got every multi-platform game that was available on the vita. So Rogue Legacy, ps3/ps4/vita is here. So is Geometry Wars, even though it has three separate lists.

It's in the OP, but I truly don't care what system you earned it on, if it's listed here it counts.