Keep away if you hate grinding!

baypoo

Four grinds you'll need to do:

1. Send off 100 cans of soup in other's games. Hard, since you'll only personally send off a few each work day. Assuming you can handle other player's lag---or you don't get booted. 

2. Getting all recipes. Yeah. There are A LOT of recipes and combinations to get. 

3. Getting all the astro pins. 

4. Getting co-op medals. You need another controller. And there are only so many challenges where it's feasible to have the other controller on idle. It will take several days, since there's only one a day. 

Edited by baypoo

It's not actually that bad.

You don't need all the recipes, just 100 (out of I think 400).  There is a chart that lets you easily see what you've made.

The challenges are a little repetitive, but you only need 20, with at least 5 coop (yes, you need a second controller).  Challenges take a few minutes, and cycle every two days.  So 10 days minimum for the 5 co-op challenges, but just a few minutes here and there.

100 cans in other peoples games.  This only takes a little bit.  Get a boosting partner, and take turns.  Have one person get the ingredients, have C&C robots make the soup and throw it up to the rocket level.  Have NO robots on the rocket level, and the guy going for the 100 cans stays up there and loads them into rocks (and fights the enemies).

Astropins:  A bit of a grind.  By the time I was done the rest of the game I needed to grind digging blocks (about 30,000 out of 60,000), building soup rockets, and destroying nests.  The first two go hand in hand, because you can just dig like crazy to get materials, and then use those to make as many rockets/soup machines as you can.

If you enjoy the game it's not a hard platinum.  If you hate the game then you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

• Like 3

It's not actually that bad.

You don't need all the recipes, just 100 (out of I think 400).  There is a chart that lets you easily see what you've made.

The challenges are a little repetitive, but you only need 20, with at least 5 coop (yes, you need a second controller).  Challenges take a few minutes, and cycle every two days.  So 10 days minimum for the 5 co-op challenges, but just a few minutes here and there.

100 cans in other peoples games.  This only takes a little bit.  Get a boosting partner, and take turns.  Have one person get the ingredients, have C&C robots make the soup and throw it up to the rocket level.  Have NO robots on the rocket level, and the guy going for the 100 cans stays up there and loads them into rocks (and fights the enemies).

Astropins:  A bit of a grind.  By the time I was done the rest of the game I needed to grind digging blocks (about 30,000 out of 60,000), building soup rockets, and destroying nests.  The first two go hand in hand, because you can just dig like crazy to get materials, and then use those to make as many rockets/soup machines as you can.

If you enjoy the game it's not a hard platinum.  If you hate the game then you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

You're absolutely right. I don't think I enjoy this game enough to grind it for 20-30 hours. 

I think I'll play it soon, the ultra rare plat  will be mine and the names of the trophies are so freaking cool.

Sanji-san would hate me if I don't play such a fine recipe  :giggle: 

Btw the second controller is not an issue, but I'm worried about the online part. If it's as bad as the one of pixeljunk ultimate shooter then it'll be a problem.

I think there are quite a few people grinding their way to the platinum (me included).  I don't expect it to remain an ultra rare plat. 

It was altready ultra rare before the game was given with the psplus, but then again as you said many ppl are trying to get the it done.

Pixeljunk ultimate shooter it's very easy (it's just a tedious and repetitive game) compared to this and the platinum was very rare 5.90% last time I checked.

I'd play the game even if the platinum was a 60% common, just to be clear  :lol: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...