Should I bother?

I just saw this game on the PSN Store drop to $5.00 from its original price. I have over $7 in my wallet, should I bother with platinuming this game? Keep in mind that the deal might be gone in a few days, just wanted to ask. Is there a way I can boost the multiplayer?

It takes a long time to plat this game, but If you like the anime, you'll like this. The mp trophy can be done solo (at least on the Vita). 

I just saw this game on the PSN Store drop to $5.00 from its original price. I have over $7 in my wallet, should I bother with platinuming this game? Keep in mind that the deal might be gone in a few days, just wanted to ask. Is there a way I can boost the multiplayer?

It's a hilarious game because the translations are horrible. It'll penetrate its way to your favorite games if you enjoy that kind of thing.

• Like 2

If you like SAO, it's a must, if no, um... hard to choose. The plat is around 200 hours without Vita save so... it may take a while =D

It's a hilarious game because the translations are horrible. It'll penetrate its way to your favorite games if you enjoy that kind of thing.

That's only Vita one.

PS4 translation is much worse. It's... no longer Engrish, it's try hard English :/ 

• Like 1

the platinum may take you a while.... working on this for well over a month.

all i have left is 10 levels and the remaining tower (should be full tower by the time) floor 90 or 91 is reached. plat should unlock after getting the thanks for playing or the memories trophy (only need to not save strea this time).

its a worthy purchases nonetheless.

Edited by kingdrake2

• 2 months later...

only get it if you enjoy these types of games. dont buy it for a dumb trophy tbh. and thats coming from a trophy huntress

• Like 1

Would only recommend if you have watched and liked the anime. To be honest from what I have played so far it feels a lot like a cheaper/basic version of Final fantasy style game. That being said I am really enjoying it but then am loving the anime as well.

actually if you enjoyed the manga because the anime was just horrid with all the time gaps etc

It is sad if anyone would not play a game like this because the trophies take a long time to obtain.

You know what you are going to get here, an anime that you can play, with all the usual Japanese quirkiness and occasional poor translation, but let's be honest this is part of what makes JRPG's so much fun anyway and if these games were 'polished' they would be lacking something ;)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

If u have someone who can trade u the best gear its not so bad )

I don't think I quite understand what you're asking. Do you want to know: " Should you buy the game with the last of your money? OR "should you platinum the game once you buy it with what's left of your money? " ? If the latter, I'm not sure what money has to do with it. However, IMO I would say "Yes"...SAO: Hollow Fragment is a steal for that price. I played through the game last summer on my Vita and was hooked. With that said, I didn't think the platinum was worth pursuing due to all the grinding and time it required to do so...and this is coming from someone who spent roughly 3 months with the game and made it 85% of the way through the trophy list.

If you do end up getting the game, to really get the most out of it I would advise you to:

1.  Finish the Hollow area's storyline way before you finish the main one

2. Pursue as many of the known side quests as possible

3. Research and discover a lot of the hidden content that game provides because there is A LOT!

In order to do #2 & #3, it really helps to have already done #1

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1

How tough is the "Defeat 100 HNM-class monsters in multiplayer" trophy? I don't mind all the grindy stuff because I don't always go for platinums in one straight shot I've sometimes spent years without playing a game and then going back for the plat when I felt like replaying but I'd like to get the multiplayer stuff out of the way so I don't come back a few months later to find the multi is shut down.

How tough is the "Defeat 100 HNM-class monsters in multiplayer" trophy? I don't mind all the grindy stuff because I don't always go for platinums in one straight shot I've sometimes spent years without playing a game and then going back for the plat when I felt like replaying but I'd like to get the multiplayer stuff out of the way so I don't come back a few months later to find the multi is shut down.

If you do the first HNM kobold lord one, you can beat him around level 150 and just replay that one over and over

• Like 1

"You have to do a skill combo in the exact mome—"

fckin... uninstalled.

This doesn't happen even in the hardest rhythm games.

The game is just... bad. If you have a little love for yourself, you will NOT buy this game. Buy Lost Song later if you can.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

If you do the first HNM kobold lord one, you can beat him around level 150 and just replay that one over and over

Same with Raideen in Driogeer, but at a lvl closer to 160 (it's probably 3-4 times slower, but still easy to kill back to back), still it's pointless to do those before hitting lvl 190+, since when I did it, I only got like 3-4 lvls while grinding the 100 HNM (I used Raideen and started at lvl 158 ended at lvl 162 and probably took me 9-10 hours to do).. and it's always needed to reach lvl200.

Really killing the 100 HNM is one of the easiest things to do when you have endgame gear + the 100 implements + the Imune and Grand Quest skills + Dual Swords mastered + high lvls (that are always required for a trophy anyway).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1