Is it fair to wait for dlc?

Lonemankane

I been meaning to ask all of you what you think of the dlc wait time for the dlc the following and any dlc wait time in general. Most of the people in the eu have to wait till Friday to get to play the dlc while people from japan got to wait till april for the dlc, I get waiting a day or two for dlc but 3 days is too many if you ask me but what do you all think?

Edited by KANERKB

It sucks that things are not released on the same day worldwide. Sorta like how it sucks countries get movie openings days before the United States does. I mean the U.S.A. is the center of the world :). It probably doesn't help but technically you are not having to wait additional days as long as the original release was the same number of days delayed. I.E. Say Dying Light released in the states Jan 1st then Jan 3rd in another country. The DLC gets released Feb 1st (for example not actual dates I know) in the states then in another country Feb 3rd. You were delayed the original release but have to wait the same amount of time for the DLC. States people waited one month from release the same as the other country.

The bigger issue I see (and I haven't confirmed this) is that it might be possible to get Bozark Horde trophies after the Following dlc is available. My son is playing Dying Light and he can buy a bow and get arrow plans from vendors and he has never stepped foot in the arena. I'll have to try it out but it looks like half the Bozark Horde trophies should now be unlockable for him. Off the top of my head I think he can get the ones for Headshot 10 of Rias' thugs, learn explosive arrows, learn lightning arrows. Admitted the hard part of the Bozark Horde is the arena itself, the arrow ones are the rarest ones to get.

It being fair or not would almost imply that they do it on purpose for whatever ethical reason. These are all business related causes based on rating boards, certification approval, etc. If the publisher had anything to say about it, he or she would release it all on the same day world wide as soon as possible. There's no profit in delays.

Edited by Paige-ID

Fair doesn't imply them doing it for ethical reasons. In fact lack of ethical reasoning often times, I believe, results in outcomes that are not fair.

I also find it doubtful the reason for the delay of a few days consistently is due to rating boards, certification approval, etc. It is more than likely related to consistent drop dates. I.E. Almost all new DVDs, video games, dlc, etc. drops on Tuesday in the states. There is almost always profit in business decisions either in trying to get increased revenue or decreasing costs. They do it all the time in the movie industry to build hype or prevent two expected blockbuster movies from competing in the same opening week.

In any case the reason why something is done (for business reasons or moral reasons) doesn't really matter when people think of something being fair.