• white knight chronicles 2
    • disgaea 3 absence of justice
    • disgaea 4 a promise unforgotten
    • divinity original sin enhanced edition
    • final fantasy XIV a realm reborn
    • dark souls 3
    • monster hunter world
    • bloodborne

Even with maxed out stats and armor, you will still die if you don't know how to play. I could understand a 4/10, but lower than that is unbearable.

Also 3h plat is only if you are a 200h experienced streamer who gets all weapons gifted by someone else. With no experience at all, it is AT LEAST 12h if you are carried on the bosses and be gifted everything.

12 hours if carried on the bosses? =P I've personally done far less than that with new players, and no 4/10 then either. I've even written a step by step guide, making the game piss easy. There are so many ways to cheese. No skills required, whatsoever, especially if you're carried on Flamelurker and Maneater. The rest of the bosses and levels can be cheesed with ease. Like 1-2/10 difficulty, not min 4/10. xD But yes, a new player won't do it in 2-3 hours, like 8-12 hours if they get help, but the game can be done in 2-3, and the trophy list stacks with 3 versions...

Edited by MMDE

It either could be solved through an easier method of patched to give you the trophy for lower requirements. Seems like neither from what you say. What kind of luck do you say? There is the "spin the wheel and pray" kind of luck and there is also "as long as X Y and Z doesn't happen, you should succeed". The challenge 6 in VANQUISH was the latter case for me.

The emperor is impossible to make an easier method for since it is all based on the other people's playtime. They could however make the fish less rare to catch. But i dont think they'll ever do that since they are both pretty much doable.

This is the Spin the wheel and pray kinda luck. 

• Like 1

Star Ocean the last hope

Disgaea games are very tough for me, after playing FF tactics and Kartia so much in the past I lost patience with the battle system, but I did enjoy the story humor so very much

When you spend over 800 hours in a game you might create something like this xD

Obtaining star ocean plat Video Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST0ccYNW0fc

Edited by Titanic Balls

Though exaggerated, this is true. However, in that same regard, almost every game can be cheesed in one way or another. Especially open world/free roam style gameplay. There's always a way to outsmart the game because it's not an AI. Just look at MGS 5, which can be cheesed to infinity. Demon's Souls was definitely the worst offender when it comes to ways to break the game.

Not sure how exaggerated really. Dark Souls could be cheesed pretty hard as well. Bow and poison arrows breaks both games. I can't remember if you need to do that dark world shit in Dark Souls II or if you could get online help to get around it or not. If not, then Dark Souls II is much harder.

Even with maxed out stats and armor, you will still die if you don't know how to play. I could understand a 4/10, but lower than that is unbearable.

One thing I forgot to mention and you did too was grassing. You can just go around healing all the time. Using a bow can keep you out of most battles too.

EDIT: Oh, and you can just run through many areas as well, without harming anyone except maybe one enemy etc. I'm serious when I say world 4 for example can be cheesed with like level 12 character, only fighting like a couple of enemies throughout the entire world, with the bosses being cheesed as well.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

the main thing of the forum is to post/vote what you think that the hardest rpg platinum is.

if you think of a rpg what may be the hardest one but isn't listed on the poll, feel free to post it, if i agree that it is at least a possibility i will add it.

the reason i only have added the ps vita version of disgaea 3 and 4 is because i think the vita version is a remake of the ps3 version what should mean you need to do the same things to get the plat and more, what makes it harder as the previous version. however i haven't played disgaea yet so i can't say for sure, so if anyone know more about this facts i like to know. if i am incorrect i shall add the ps3 versions later.

the hardest rpg i have ever played is star ocean the last hope. (don't have the plat yet but i have played it about 300 hours by now)

edit: forgot to mention: i see a lot of people telling that grinding isn't hard. just to make clear to everyone, what i meant with hard is not literraly only difficulty but everything what makes a game hard (that's why i call it hard). in my opinion the hardest things are: time consuming (especcialy grinding because it's almost always boring), difficulty and missables. of course everyone has his own opinion of what he thinks what is hard (that is why there are so many different votes) so that's a good thing, i just explain this to making more clear about what i mean. 

have fun with the posting and reading the posts :)

Are you trying to copy me. I bet you saw my poll I thought you could to a better job. People have issues with poll saying there are misleading.

It seems like too often, people say, "Oh - I could get that plat, I just don't want to" for long plats.

If the platinum doesn't take much skills to get, not hard at all, then it's not hard. It doesn't matter how many hours it's not hard, what matter is how much is hard and how hard is it. People not wasting their time has probably made a wise life decision.

Are you trying to copy me. I bet you saw my poll I thought you could to a better job. People have issues with poll saying there are misleading.

actually i did'nt knew you had a poll that looked much like this one.

don't know which one it is, but if it really looks so much like it i apology for it.

I'm really not sure what I'd vote for. Difficulty is subjective and certain aspects of the games can be hard for some and not for others, like finding the motivation to do a several hundred hour grind can be difficult for some but not for others.

I think this is a good overall list of games though for this kind of topic, much more so than some I've seen  :lol:

I've even written a step by step guide, making the game piss easy.

The rest of the bosses and levels can be cheesed with ease. Like 1-2/10 difficulty, not min 4/10. xD

Point taken about diff and time. When i said new players, i meant people with no experience on it like i played it, totally forgot you could check guides and YouTube for it, so you are right, 12h might still even be too high.

The emperor is impossible to make an easier method for since it is all based on the other people's playtime. They could however make the fish less rare to catch. But i dont think they'll ever do that since they are both pretty much doable.

This is the Spin the wheel and pray kinda luck.

So you are in for the long ride for God knows how long. Doesn't sound too much fun, i don't think i would be able to play the same shit for 300h, props to however platinum it.

Well done, you found the easter egg I deliberately left in the post.

Ek, you edited your post so i believe it was only a typo, not another joke i failed to understand. I'll remove the quote from the previous reply and it will be like it never happened. :P

So you are in for the long ride for God knows how long. Doesn't sound too much fun, i don't think i would be able to play the same shit for 300h, props to however platinum it.

Well its a fun game nontheless but at least you dont really have to pay attention. You can just watch a movie or w/e while fishing it. 

Trophy hunting is a waste of time? Who would've thought! 

lol.

Definitely Nobel Price worth founding!

The most challenging aspect is usually getting past the theatrical/overly dramatic Japanese acting. 

Oh, how could I forget about this!

Every JRPG with English voice is the hardest one ever.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Not sure how exaggerated really. Dark Souls could be cheesed pretty hard as well. Bow and poison arrows breaks both games. I can't remember if you need to do that dark world shit in Dark Souls II or if you could get online help to get around it or not. If not, then Dark Souls II is much harder.

2 hours is slightly exaggerated. Not the difficulty part.

2 hours is slightly exaggerated. Not the difficulty part.

For a new player, 2 hours is far away from reachable, but it's possible. I've personally helped someone get the plat in 2 and a half hours, and I screwed up a bit for them then.  :P

Well, If we are talking about the platinum rarity then Divinity Original Sin EE should be on the list. It has a ton of missable trophies and you have to play on hardcore mode.

I see Dark/Demon Souls here, maybe you could add Dragon's Dogma. Not the hardest game ever but it's worth mentioning.

I'd definetely add Toukiden the age of demons / Kiwami, very time consuming and grindy platinums.

In the end maybe Pier Solar and the great architects, it has a rare platinum but it's not hard at all except for a minigame.

Anyway I give my vote to The Elder Scrolls Online, it's by far the hardest platinum on the list.

Isn't there not a way to completely cheese this game though?

Also, no RPG has "hard" platinums.  They are just time consuming.

Mines isn't listed and is probably not for good reason since it's an MMORPG.  But it would be Final Fantasy XIV.  Took me quite a while to platinum and Turn 5 was stupidly hard when I had to do it (it's so easy now, only need 2-3 people to clear it), I spent 2 weeks just learning that battle.

i have looked at all the posts until now and checked all games out who are mentioned, and come to the conclusion i will add some of them and these are: divinity original sin enhanced edition and final fantasy XIV a realm reborn. so these ones are added.

Vita Disgaea 3 is easier because the trophies for pirates were made a little easier. "Hard" is a very subjective term. I have no problem with grinding for hundreds of hours, especially for Disgaea and wouldn't consider that "hard" in any way.

I started playing WKC waaaay back in the day, and got bored, but didn't consider it "hard."

Until I know what you mean when you say hard, I can't really pick a game.

i have also looked about the disgaea games on playstationtrophies.com and saw very quickly your mentioning about disgaea 3, i have also looked on the trophy list from the disgaea 4 games and saw some different trophies too. this means they have diiferent things so i can add them too.

in short: ty all for posting all this information, and i will add these ones right now.

Edited by yiazmat50112254