• white knight chronicles 2
    • disgaea 3 absence of justice
    • disgaea 4 a promise unforgotten
    • divinity original sin enhanced edition
    • final fantasy XIV a realm reborn
    • dark souls 3
    • monster hunter world
    • bloodborne

For a new player, 2 hours is far away from reachable, but it's possible. I've personally helped someone get the plat in 2 and a half hours, and I screwed up a bit for them then.   :P

I have helped myself get the platinum on a different account, but I think it took me every bit of 5 hours, lol. I wasn't too prepared though. 

Also, on a side note, Pier Solar is hard because of how intensely boring it is. But I do agree that we need to settle on a conclusion as to what's considered "hard" first.

• 1 month later...

forgot to mention, if someone can tell the reason he thinks the plat is hard, the possibility i can add it is somewhat higher.

this is because i understand better why it's hard that way, of course i'll check it myself too first, but this is because i have to know fairly sure first and this helps with it.

that's all, have fun with the posting and voting :)

Among the plats listed, I have Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Star Ocean, White Knight Chronicles 1&2. I got WKC1 and 2 plats completely offline and the hardest trophy I faced while platting these game has been Soul Of Evil from White Knight Chronicles 2. Climbing Vellgander optional dungeon by playing solo is already quite a task in itself and defeating Madoras in Upper Apex with just the NPCs as support has proved to be the hardest boss fight in any rpg for me, way harder than defeating Ethereal Queen in Star Ocean in under 10mins, you can do this on earth difficulty after a 60-70 hours run, while you can consider yourself ready to face Madoras only after a 500 hours run required to obtain the proper equipment and, even when you are prepared, he can still obliterate your party if you screw up with the strategy.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have another question:

a short time ago a new star ocean has been released (star ocean integrity and faithlessness (so5)  ). my question is: is it worth to add it to the poll list.

i have'nt played it yet, but because i know how insanely hard so4 is, especcialy because the bt's, i know that it can be hard too because it also has an trophy for getting all bt's.

so if you have played so5 (and so4 to compare) a lot, please let me know how hard it is and why so i know if it is worth adding.

know that any explanation is appreciated, but also that the more explanation you can give the better it is.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

toss up between white knight chronicles 1 and 2

the main points is that they have almost the same trophy list, however 2 has extra mechanics that makes it harder than 1 but overtime it gets easier until the end of the game. WKC 1's difficulty come from the quest that you have to do solo while 2 lets you take 2 of the story characters aside from your created avatar character. Although the trophy for completing Velgander is nearly impossible solo, doable but near impossible.

I picked Disgaea 4 A promise unforgotten, it's definitely much harder than the Vita remake which made it easier to grind with the cheat shop and Disgaea 3 with all those pirate ships and the luck involved, so it would easily cross 200 hours unless you were super lucky and did a lot of careful planning. Not too sure about how the other games fare, but I know Mugen Souls is another one that can take a hundred plus of hours

Out of all those listed, WKC2 would probably be the hardest only cause its now offline, and doing the tower offline would be quite the feat.

On 14/03/2016 at 6:31 PM, Brightblade76 said:

Among the plats listed, I have Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Star Ocean, White Knight Chronicles 1&2. I got WKC1 and 2 plats completely offline and the hardest trophy I faced while platting these game has been Soul Of Evil from White Knight Chronicles 2. Climbing Vellgander optional dungeon by playing solo is already quite a task in itself and defeating Madoras in Upper Apex with just the NPCs as support has proved to be the hardest boss fight in any rpg for me, way harder than defeating Ethereal Queen in Star Ocean in under 10mins, you can do this on earth difficulty after a 60-70 hours run, while you can consider yourself ready to face Madoras only after a 500 hours run required to obtain the proper equipment and, even when you are prepared, he can still obliterate your party if you screw up with the strategy.

You're insane dude.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I've only played the souls games (not ds3 yet) so i can't really say.I believe that you could add FFX and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep to the list.If those games weren't remastered ports,their platinums would be much rarer.There is grinding,hard mini-games,hard superbosses

i have not played birth by sleep yet but i do have played FFX a lot (it's even my 3rd favorite game all time (2nd if you only count ff games)  ). have played it on the ps3, but not really a lot. i do have played it a lot on the ps2 however. but i don't think the difficulty is high enough to add. i also have played so4 a lot (the one most voted for), and am not even close to the plat while i have actually done a lot already. in grinding so4 exceed ffx by far. and the boss difficulty may not differ much in general, but the ethereal queen (the superboss of so4) is imo exceeding penance by far, especcialy if you try to get the 10 minute with lymle bt (which you also need for the plat). besides of these 2 main facts i have played them both a lot and know that way that so4 is way way way harder.

about kh birth by sleep i can't comment so much but assuming they are in the same range of difficulty as ffx i don't think that one is addable either (i do have played kh 1 and 2 a lot on the ps2 however and in kh2 i have got almost everything that's even possible to gain)

if i'm wrong about the difficulty of kh birth by sleep then lemme know.

thanks a lot for thinking about the possible adding of some games :)

• Like 1

I think the hardest RPGs that stands out are (in no order of difficulty):

Elder Scrolls Online - Due to 'Emperor' trophy

Star Ocean The Last Hope - Get 100% Battle Trophies and very long grinding for kills 

Mugen Souls - Grind for 1,002,000 shampurus which is also very time consuming 

FFXIV Realm Reborn - I think many people say they need to spend minimum 6 months to get 1000 quests done

White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2 - Both extreme grinds and equipment preparation as Brightblade76 have pointed out  

Edited by fantrig99