Burnout Paradise

Aanginator

I'm having trouble trying to access the servers for Burnout Paradise to play online for that as it says that it's unable to connect to the servers but no problem signing in PSN let alone playing any other game online.  My brother has a profile on my PS3 and he's able to do stuff online with the game but not mine.  Anyone have any idea as to why?

Welcome to the party.... I been having the same problem since years ago. There is no way to fix this other than making a new account. Dont listen to people saying its your internet because its not. Their authentication system is screwy for some accounts. I had gone thru with enough technical customer service trying to fix what is wrong. I gave up months and months.. Years ago. If you find a fix .... Please let me know.

Right. They changed something and screwed sonw peoples account that was linked. It happened to a very smaall population. You could google it and see were are not alone. It had to do with their changing of companies or whatever. How it became origin or whatever. I have tried creating a couple new accounts and they all work fine. Its stupid they cant unlink our accounts even.

Not sure if that could be the reason why I can't access the online features to earn some of the online trophies but at the same time not sure if making an account then signing into that one would allow the trophies that I've earned to be obtained for the new one.

If you can get online/freeburn in burnout paradise with others account on the same ps3 obviously its not a problem on our end. Its some authenticating issue. Now i dont believe this game needs a online pass. I know some games require you to have it. But if i could make brand new accounts and get into freeburn fine obviously its not need online pass.

Edit: found this. Cant say itll work but can try.

http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Burnout/burnout-paradise-ps3-server-connection/td-p/3218709/page/2

"I had the same issue, contacted the support team only be diagnosed with bad connection which is not the case.

I suspect Paradise server is hit with exceptions when trying to connect with PSN account that was connected to Origin account elsewhere. Error message could be "The server is not available" or "Lost connection to the server".

Note: The error message above is not the exact one.

Okay, the following steps resolved the issue for me:

1. Sign in to PSN with alternate account which is with email address not registered with Origin.

2. Launch Burnout Paradise game. Game will load.

3. Press Start button when prompted.

4. Press Circle button when prompted. Game will attempts to connect to Paradise server and prompt for creation of EA account.

5. Follow instructions until prompted for email address and password.

6. Change the email address to the one registered with Origin that is connected to the main PSN account. Enter the password for the Origin account.

7. Click OK to complete.

The result is that the Origin account is connected to 2 PSN accounts. And your main PSN account can connects to the Paradise server.

I assume the process above somehow awoken the Paradise server or made the server skip parts that will cause exceptions.

I hope this can help you too Standard smile"

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 2 weeks later...