Heavy Rain PS4 at £7.99 only for Beyond Two Souls PS4 owners

Finozzi1696

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/12/beyond-two-souls-ps4-owners-will-able-buy-heavy-rain-ps4-7-99/

tumblr_nxl3lh4QRm1ugas5oo1_500.gif

heavyrainps4image1.jpg

When Quantic Dream announced Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain for PlayStation 4 last year, they said buyers of Beyond would get Heavy Rain“at a discount” when it releases on March 1 in North America and March 2 in Europe (March 4 in the UK).

With Heavy Rain and The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collectionnow listed on the European PlayStation Store, VideoGamer discovered that Heavy Rain will cost £7.99 if you own Beyond. Since the Collection is priced at £34.99, and Beyond is at £24.99 on its own, it’s actually a bit cheaper to buy the games separately.

Heavy Rain pricing for North America hasn’t been revealed yet, and it remains to be seen if North America will receive the Collection next month at retail or digital stores.

Here’s what Sony says about both games on PS4:

Create your own tales full of drama, suspense and unexpected twists with Heavy Rain and BEYOND: Two Souls.
Two of the most immersive adventures ever seen on PlayStation 3, these hugely popular games now look and play better than ever as they make their debut on PlayStation 4.
Your choices and your actions mean everything. How these stories play out… and how they end… is completely up to you.

Heavy Rain
Lead the hunt to unmask the mysterious Origami Killer as you play as four different characters in this tension-soaked psychological thriller. Choose your next move carefully – every decision can have game-changing consequences and even determine who lives and who dies.

BEYOND: Two Souls
Wield unearthly powers as you live the extraordinary life of Jodie Holmes, a woman connected to a supernatural entity. Experience an emotionally-charged psychological adventure as you discover what truly lies beyond.

According to the PlayStation Store, Heavy Rain will be a 25.7GB download on PS4, with the Collection at 55.9GB.
Will you be playing Heavy Rain on PS4?

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Is EU still getting a disc copy of the collection?  Because I've been holding out for that.  When they first announced the remasters they said US was digital only but EU was getting a physical release but I haven't heard anything since.

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 1

PLEASE release this physically. I want to pick it up and then give it to a relative. If QD can release these together physically, I'll spring for up to $40.

It has been confirmed a few months ago that both Heavy Rain and Beyond are going to be released together physically :)

I don't remember if it was Europe only or what, or maybe it was worldwide I'm not sure, but they will get released physically. 

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

Is EU still getting a disc copy of the collection?  Because I've been holding out for that.  When they first announced the remasters they said US was digital only but EU was getting a physical release but I haven't heard anything since.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17770-Beyond--Two-Souls-Heads-to-PS4-Next-Week.html

"The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection, meanwhile, will also be available to buy at retail from 2nd March 2016 in Europe (4th March in the UK), while Heavy Rain will be available standalone only on 1st March 2016 in North America."

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-17770-Beyond--Two-Souls-Heads-to-PS4-Next-Week.html

"The Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection, meanwhile, will also be available to buy at retail from 2nd March 2016 in Europe (4th March in the UK), while Heavy Rain will be available standalone only on 1st March 2016 in North America."

Don't know how I missed that.  Thank you!

If Belgium gets it the rest of Europe probably will too. :)

Edited by HellcoreFire

i have played heavy rain in 2011 and i loved it, i liked fahrenheit so when i got a ps3 back then this was my number 1 game to play. 

then when i started with the trophy stuff i bought it again last year and earned the platinum in a couple of weeks, i have seen every possible scene and ending so i don't know if i'm going to buy this remastered version anytime soon, maybe if its goes on sale sometime after, and i hope they make trophies for the dlc, too bad we never got to enjoy the upcoming dlc's because they were working on the Move edition of the game :( and right now its 100% unlikely for them to make them and include them with this version.

i have watched videos of beyond and i want to play it, even for a ps3 game the graphics looks almost next gen, many people says that heavy rain is still better but i still want to give it a chance.

Doesn't really sound like all that great of a deal TBH. :P

but at least you save some dollars instead of purchasing the whole collection at full price when it comes out, it would be like grabbing a sale ahead of time. and i'm pretty sure heavy rain will cost over $19.99 when it comes out.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

i have played heavy rain in 2011 and i loved it, i liked fahrenheit so when i got a ps3 back then this was my number 1 game to play. 

then when i started with the trophy stuff i bought it again last year and earned the platinum in a couple of weeks, i have seen every possible scene and ending so i don't know if i'm going to buy this remastered version anytime soon, maybe if its goes on sale sometime after, and i hope they make trophies for the dlc, too bad we never got to enjoy the upcoming dlc's because they were working on the Move edition of the game :( and right now its 100% unlikely for them to make them and include them with this version.

i have watched videos of beyond and i want to play it, even for a ps3 game the graphics looks almost next gen, many people says that heavy rain is still better but i still want to give it a chance.

I had a similar story with the game, I hope they put trophies to the DLC this time, I had fun playing it but without trophies I didn't wanted to unlock the other endings that much. i wish that at least Quantic Dream would tell us what the other DLCs were going to be about, I feel that some plot holes the main game had were going to be resolved with the DLCs, such a shame, damn you Move!  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond was not shite. I agree it was not as good as heavy rain but it was still a game with an incredible story if you were smart enough to follow the story with the timeline jumping back and forth constantly. QD makes amazing games and I will absolutely buy and plat heavy rain just like I already did with beyond two souls. Will also be pre-ordering Detroit, can't wait on that game.

• Like 4

Beyond was not shite. I agree it was not as good as heavy rain but it was still a game with an incredible story if you were smart enough to follow the story with the timeline jumping back and forth constantly. QD makes amazing games and I will absolutely buy and plat heavy rain just like I already did with beyond two souls. Will also be pre-ordering Detroit, can't wait on that game.

i still have yet to play beyond, i have read that it isn't as good as heavy rain but i like quantic dream's games so i will be getting it at some point, the remastered ps4 version has a new feature that let you play in chronological order now so you can follow the story in the "normal way".

Heavy Rain at a discounted price of £7.99? Sounds good.

Quattro Bajeena is disappointed in this post.

I hate when people say crap like this. Bad storytelling isn't the fault of the listener. And who isn't "smart enough" to follow a video game, anyway? It's not like people were reading Finnegan's Wake.

• Like 2

I have eagerly awaited the physical release of The Quantic Dream Collection since it was first rumoured that the two were coming to PS4. So excited to finally play Beyond (already played HR at a friend's and absolutely loved it)

Also very excited for Detroit Become Human, though that feels like decades away.

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

Bad storytelling has nothing to do with it. Had you played the game you would know that. It was a great story, just not on the same level as heavy rain. If you don't like the game just say you didn't like it and maybe give a few reasons why. But don't just jump in on a forum just to say a game is terrible and give no explanation as to why.

• Like 3

I liked Beyond: Two Souls more than Heavy Rain honestly.  Good acting can really make all of the difference in such a narrative-heavy game, and whether you think the acting in Beyond was good or not (I think it was great)... Heavy Rain was significantly worse.  It also helps that the story in Beyond hit me on a more personal level... it had me tearing up a little towards the end; Heavy Rain was really just more interesting than moving or poignant, with it's twists and whatnot.

I played both of these on an old account, going to wait until I get them on disc.  Looking forward to revisiting them on the PS4. :)

(Oh and Detroit: Beyond Human is a definitely a preorder once I get a release date)

Edited by DreakonXIII
  • Like 1

You've waited this long; wait longer. I would bet dollars to donuts that you'll get the PS4 version of Heavy Rain at, uhhh, heavy discount during some Flash Sale.

since he already bought beyond he will probably have a discount on the game, $9.99 is not bad in my opinion.

anyways i'm sure he can spend his money the way he wants to spend it.