Dying light vs Dying light enhanced save differences

stitchesnscars

Last year when the game was originally released i originally played the base game on my launch ps4. I got a new ps4 last year and sold dying light sometime before that. I have just recently gotten a copy of dying light the enhanced edition which now includes all of the dlc, however when i try to download my old saved data from the online storage to my system storage I am treated to a message telling me that "the application for this saved data is not installed".

is this actually treating these two versions as different games? PS4 save data seems to think so as the save files are broken into "Dying Light" my old save, and "Dying light the following" new save.

Anyone know of some sort of workaround for this if any?

Last year when the game was originally released i originally played the base game on my launch ps4. I got a new ps4 last year and sold dying light sometime before that. I have just recently gotten a copy of dying light the enhanced edition which now includes all of the dlc, however when i try to download my old saved data from the online storage to my system storage I am treated to a message telling me that "the application for this saved data is not installed".

is this actually treating these two versions as different games? PS4 save data seems to think so as the save files are broken into "Dying Light" my old save, and "Dying light the following" new save.

I have heard of this happening before with goty editions vs first release editions, had this happen with one of my ps3 games I think. The game does indeed read them as separate save files. You will have to create a new character.

I have heard of this happening before with goty editions vs first release editions, had this happen with one of my ps3 games I think. The game does indeed read them as separate save files. You will have to create a new character.

Man I wish i would have known this beforehand if it were going to do this I wish it would have had 2 separate trophy lists as i have no incentive to restart the entire game. Ill go trade this for the base game I guess.

EDIT: Problem solved. The PS4 will not allow you to download saved game data from the cloud if the game of data that you are attempting to download is not installed on the PS4. You will somehow have to re-aquire the old dying light base, game install on the ps4, and THEN you can download your old saves to your PS4.

Edited by stitchesnscars

• 3 months later...

That really sucks, luckily I never delete my saved data from my PS4, hence when I bought the Dying Light Enhance Edition this last sale I was able to use the old save from the physical vanilla save.