Which weapons do you recommend for 'Impossible' difficulty?

rockstarjazz

i am just finishing going through my third 'normal' playthrough, getting trophies for maxed out and plasma cutter run, then i'll be going for the impossible walkthrough of which i have a save file ready from chapter 1.

what weapons should i use for Impossible? i notice i'll be playing it from scratch again, so i guess the plasma cutter is one. what other weapons is recommended? in normal i liked the force gun and ripper. i dont like the pulse rifle as i felt it wasnt doing anything for me, and line gun is only effective when powering up. i will try and use stasis more but notice its useless against certain enemies like the Guardians (monsters stuck on the wall) and those enemies are so irritating because it took alot of ammo just from normal mode to kill it. nothing's mentioned in the guide so i thought i ask here.

regarding my other thread about finding this game 'disappointing' - i take it back. it was a fun experience and i enjoyed it. i look forward to getting platinum for this game and then start dead space 2 - though i might need to be aware that getting plat for the 2nd game may be beyond me after reading horror stories about its hardcore mode :(

thanks

Edited by rockstarjazz

honestly the plasma cutter is the only one u really need i ran the hardest mode and went for the 1 gun trophy all at once but just use what ur comfortable with the games not that hard on any setting lol as for the wall enemies ur supposed to cut the tendrals stuck to the wall to kill it so should only really take afew shots but i think there was a gun that shot explosives i forget 

• Like 2

plasma cutter, it's the only weapon you ever need.

Edit: and if you want another weapon to fall back on you could get the line gun for that is just a bigger one of the plasma cutter, also don't forget if you find some part every hard like the air jumping parts you can use some cheats like the air cheat giving you all of your air back along with using other cheats but if not using the plasma cutter and the line gun will kill everything.

Edited by KANERKB

Plasma Cutter and Line Gun will get you through everything. Line Gun for big groups of enemies to cut legs offs and finish them off with the Cutter. You can demolish most Brutes with their poison ball to save ammo.

You shouldn't be pumping ammo into the Guardians but instead their limbs they throw out. Stasising them will keep the limbs on the wall for longer, letting you swap directions at your own pace.

general rule of thumb every enemy has a trick to it most enemies that walk if u cut off 1 arm and 1 leg its dead cause it cant move that way if its massive and looks gorilla like shoot it in the ass if its stuck to a wall shoot its tendrils off stuff like that really helps and ofcourse if its running in hyper speeds cut off its legs and if its unstoppable which theres aleast 1 run lke hell blow off afew limbs then run like hell more

oh and if its fat do not shoot it in the gut shot off its legs and arms not its gut never its gut

is there a way of carrying over stuff from your previous completed game to impossible? i have just completed normal for like the third time and all my weapons and suits etc are powered up and i like to take it over to make it easier for me.

No, nothing carries over. You are basically starting a new game on Impossible mode. Just use the Plasma Cutter and the Force Gun along with the level 5 suit or level 6 suit, and you'll beat it without any issues.

I used the plasma cutter as well on my impossible xbox run. Remember only keep 1 or maybe 2 (line gun can be handy at times) because ammo is really rare and it will only drop what you have equipped normally. Everything else should be sold (for med packs) or put in your storage. Write down the stasis cheat code if you haven't already done so. 

Edited by Not_like_therest

well strangely i am starting impossible with my lvl 5 suit on already and not lvl 1, so i have loads of slots! i lost everything else and have now got the plasma cutter, line gun and ripper. i've already powered up the damage for PC and i've been using the stasis cheat code which i wouldnt have gone far without it. i'm now about to start chapter 4. i am seriously dreading those rooms that contains lots of enemies.

can that 'speedy' monster in the later chapters be frozen by stasis, because i tried last time and kept failing to freeze him

well strangely i am starting impossible with my lvl 5 suit on already and not lvl 1, so i have loads of slots! i lost everything else and have now got the plasma cutter, line gun and ripper. i've already powered up the damage for PC and i've been using the stasis cheat code which i wouldnt have gone far without it. i'm now about to start chapter 4. i am seriously dreading those rooms that contains lots of enemies.

can that 'speedy' monster in the later chapters be frozen by stasis, because i tried last time and kept failing to freeze him

yes speedy can be stasised but hes still fast he just goes from warp speed to slightly faster than a normal but it wears off really fast on him its best to just shoot punch or stomp him or if u can, run away no shame in running away if its an available option

saves ammo too