Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

I'm in :D sign me up :P

I got the game and 80%+ on my old account but not start yet on this account ^^

Sorry to ask, when we starting this :o?

This thread isn't like a We Play - the mod of this thread stated that we can go at our own pace. And at my old account I got 61%, having gotten everything done except the True Ending and the Legend of Inaba(because I followed a shoddy guide and didn't realize that you need to get to Level 6 in Jester before Heaven so I couldn't advance that social link further).

I didn't make that same mistake again. I was even a bit paranoid and starting drawing fortunes for the client of that link before I double-checked a screenshot Let's Play and found I was on the mark. ;) Anyways, heading to the Event on December 3. I have 50% of the trophies now.

Social Link Progress: Maxed Links are Chariot, Justice, Heirophant, Devil, Strength and Empress (I managed to drain my wallet dry fusing all the Personas she wanted and that Trumpeter, man, it is a BEAST. ^_^)

Links at Level 9: Fool(obviously), Magician, Priestess, Hermit(just need to catch the Sea Guardian for that trophy and the final quest), Star(obviously) and Aeon.

Links at Level 8: Lovers, Death, Sun.

Everything else is at Level 7 or below but I plan on rectifying that soon. ;)

Also got the last life stat maxed out for Mr. Perfect just before heading to Heaven.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Everyone up to SX1nubstickSX has been added to the event. Welcome everyone and remember to have fun.

I'm in :D sign me up :P
I got the game and 80%+ on my old account but not start yet on this account ^^

Sorry to ask, when we starting this :o?

You can start whenever you want. There is no pace for this event. Take as much time as you need to finish the game.

I would like to join this as well. I am already ahead by a bit, and I really would like to get this plat. 

Welcome. Just so you know, you don't have to restart the game or anything like that. If you have already beaten some of the dungeons that fine.  

COUNT ME IN. I've already stuck the game back into my Vita. I'm already past the second dungeon on my first playthrough. ;)

EDIT: Here's a banner I made for the event which looks nicer than what we have, no offense to the creator of that banner.

persona4banner.png

The chibi characters came from a DeviantArt work by WhipsmartMcCoy.

I just saw this. It's nice, but do you have a bigger version of it?

I'm not offended about the banner, I literally threw it together in 3 minutes on canva. 

I'm not offended about the banner, I literally threw it together in 3 minutes on canva. 

I put the GIF on one of my blogs, I can expand it to X-Large, if you want. B)

Also...

50L237137.png

Finally got this trophy. I had not done it on my old account as I was scared of the Miracle Quiz... only to find that the game makers didn't factor in that you can 'pause' your games by hitting the PS button to go back to the main menu. xD

I've completed the bulk of the game, finished off A$#*!@(spoilers) and am now in Cutscene City until January 10th. I need to take a break for a bit so I can plan out my future platinums in other games... like the games for the PRD... :|

This is an awesome game, though.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

I didn't want to say anything since I was sure Detective was joking but... seriously?

No offense to Detective but... there is no aspect in which his suggested banner look better than the current one.

I'm definitely noob in terms of graphics, but Detective's banner looks like something created in Paint just by putting few images together...

Apart from a little weird choice of font, the banner soul has looks incomparably better.

• Like 1

I didn't want to say anything since I was sure Detective was joking but... seriously?

No offense to Detective but... there is no aspect in which his suggested banner look better than the current one.

I'm definitely noob in terms of graphics, but Detective's banner looks like something created in Paint just by putting few images together...

Apart from a little weird choice of font, the banner soul has looks incomparably better.

I was going to put CJs banner at the bottom of the first post, but the one that is linked is to small. The banner look like it's been scaled which lowered it's quality. I need to see the non scaled version before I can do anything with it.

I put the GIF on one of my blogs, I can expand it to X-Large, if you want. B)

If that is the original aspect ratio of the banner than I can't use it for anything. Expanding it would only lower the image quality and make it look worse. 

Edited by soultaker655

I was going to put CJs banner at the bottom of the first post, but the one that is linked is to small. The banner look like it's been scaled which lowered it's quality. I need to see the non scaled version before I can do anything with it.

If that is the original aspect ratio of the banner than I can't use it for anything. Expanding it would only lower the image quality and make it look worse. 

I'm sorry about that, and you're right. I tried to open up the original image but found that the chibi characters morphed into a grainy mess. I tried. :(

Anyways, to add insult to injury, I failed to get Compulsive Reader before the end of the free days on February. Not like it would matter anyways, I had four books that require two nights and I didn't have any days off from school. :(

At least there is a silver lining - on my other account I had to save Legend of Inaba for a second playthrough, but this time I just have to recover all the books which isn't as bad - I can ignore most of the Social Links(or get them faster) because I'll go into the TV World on the final day before the next dungeon and grind enough money to fuse the remaining top-tier Persona. I'm at 92% now and just need to fill out Judgement(which only has Trumpeter and Anubis right now) and the remaining top-tier Personas in a few Arcana. (I've fused Loki, Mada, Scathach, Isis, Kohryu, Ishtar, Atavaka, Sroasha, Zaou-Gongen, Attis, Beelzebub, Asura, and Kaguya.) It could have been worse, at least I know that Play #2 will be more free time since all the social stats will be at max and will carry over so I only have to eat the Mega Beef Bowl eight times to get that one book and can just ignore everything else. ;)

The reason I had trouble with Legend of Inaba was because I had forgotten to get Jester to Level 6 before Nanako was kidnapped.. I got a little paranoid in this game and wasted a night with a fortune that I didn't need. I could have saved that night for book-reading. :P

EDIT: Got up to 97% in the Compendium. Fused all of the ultimate Persona(the ones you need the Max Social Links for) save Magatsu-Izanagi (because I have to do the wretched Hollow Forest to get to the final day of the game and get Jester/Hunger up to max rank) and found that Alice isn't on the ????? list so I have to go to a guide and find the remaining Persona I'm missing. Also have close to the Card Collector trophy, I calculated and found I need around 15 more unique cards to get it, woot!

Edited by DetectiveCJ

For Dragon-Archon, and most people who never used the abilities, here is what these two do:

Traesto: Teleports you of a dungeon, similar to the Goho-M.

Trafuri: Lets you escape from a battle without wasting time, similar to the Vanish Ball item.

I was asking about these because I was wondering if anyone tested them in Hollow Forest. As you know, Hollow Forest takes away your items and gives you exclusive items, and the Sacred Branch works like a Goho-M in this dungeon. I was wondering if the abilities still work, though I doubt they would be restricted. If they do, one could make a trash Persona with those abilities and Victory Cry and use them to avoid all but the boss battles and return out of the dungeon when they were low on MP. (Of course, you can't escape Mandala Ingatsu, Goho-Ms and similar abilities fail there.)

I'm now at 98% in the Compendium, I forgot I didn't have the Tower, Death or Moon ultimate Persona yet, need to grind cash to get enough to fuse them. :facepalm:

Here we go! Two more trophies for the grist mill!

2016-02-28-222504.jpg
In Yukiko's castle, I did the trick to force the Reaper to spawn. All he did was spam Megidoloan. :P

2016-02-28-223508.jpg

And finally got this with the Brave Blade and Auto-Tarukaja skill cards. Too bad I couldn't find Absorb Fire and Absorb Elec, that would make for a tank Persona. :(

So now I have to leave the TV World to advance to Hollow Forest, do that, and then do the True Ending for several more trophies. Then it's onto NG+ to catch Compulsive Reader(which I had to sacrifice for the Legend of Inaba and Mr. Perfect) and get the two NG+ exclusive trophies - I think the secret boss will be easy once I fuse Izanagi-no-Okami. :)

Trophy Progress: 63% (41/50)

Just wondering :0 do any here got the Plat yet?

And dang Risette trophy is a drag xD

Not there, but getting there. Not at a high % yet, need to finish the first play, but I want to have an uber Persona for the Hollow Forest of Heck. ;)

Yes, I know I'll be following that guide by KADFC for the HRF trophy. I did get two Quad Change lines on Kumeno-Sagiri's fight(Fire and Electric) and the escape line and I'm sure I have all the resist/weak lines too, and I know I'll get the ones for the last bosses, so I just have to go through the weak enemy, strong enemy, and ailment lines which I will do on NG+ with the guide as the guide maker says that the line count carries over from your old playthrough so I don't have to worry about getting those boss lines again. I assume that I'll get the trophy once I return to the last day of the second playthrough when I fight the secret boss, at most.

EDIT:

2016-02-29-235238.jpg

So I'm finally out of the rut I was in when I tried to plat the game on my old account... yep, Hollow Forest time. WISH ME LUCK! :ninja:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

You know, I wonder if anyone else is working on this game, the thread isn't getting anyone but me in it for some reason... I thought the goal here was to platinum P4G before P5 came out. Well...

2016-03-01-040347.jpg

2016-03-01-041533.jpg

Finally got through Hollow Forest(Dragon-Archon was right, it wasn't that terrifying - Victory Cry kept the hero at 50% MP all the time) and got the last Social Link maxed, which means that I got that last Persona in the Compendium - yes, I have been busy fusing all during the last few days. ^_^

Now all I need to do is defeat the jerkwad who started all this nonsense, then start the whole story over and get Compulsive Reader, do all the social links again, and get the Aqua Invitation to fight the secret boss as well as fuse the ultimate Persona. :D (Trophy Progress: 77%)

You know, I wonder if anyone else is working on this game, the thread isn't getting anyone but me in it for some reason... I thought the goal here was to platinum P4G before P5 came out. Well...

I'm working on it slowly. I just finished Rise's dungeon and I working on some of the quests. I won't really start playing P4G until I finish Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

Edited by soultaker655

Actually :0 I tagging along also :3

Just clear true ending today and my trophy % is 88%

At the moment I'm doing NG+ try make Izanagi - no - Okami then beat Margaret.

By the way soultaker655, I got to say thank you.

Since if I didn't read this thread I might not playing Persona 4 Golden. Since I have multi account and each time I done first walktrough I quit xD

But this event make me motivated :D so once again thank you. And I wish all the best of luck getting the game Platinum before Persona 5 release :DJivV0qV.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see another taker. I did quit on my last account because I was scared of Hollow Forest, but to be fair, I was a bit surprised how difficult it really was.

Yes, everyone loses MP like bleeding water, but Victory Cry keeps my hero from ending up with less than 50 MP, and I got a few Sacred Branches from sheer luck. I was very lucky not to run into another of those giant purple statues in the gold chests like SuperJeenius did, and I got a few Repel Joues to make it easier. Kusume did very little damage and I had tons of Breakers. I used a Helel with Morning Star but everything which doesn't resist Almighty died in one hit to Naoto's Megidoloan. :P I think the True Ending will be much easier.

Nice to see another taker. I did quit on my last account because I was scared of Hollow Forest, but to be fair, I was a bit surprised how difficult it really was.

Yes, everyone loses MP like bleeding water, but Victory Cry keeps my hero from ending up with less than 50 MP, and I got a few Sacred Branches from sheer luck. I was very lucky not to run into another of those giant purple statues in the gold chests like SuperJeenius did, and I got a few Repel Joues to make it easier. Kusume did very little damage and I had tons of Breakers. I used a Helel with Morning Star but everything which doesn't resist Almighty died in one hit to Naoto's Megidoloan. :P I think the True Ending will be much easier.

By the way congrats on finishing Marie dungeon :D that dungeon kinda annoying for me even with Victory Cry, since I try solo it xD

At the moment I doing NG+ and plan to make MC and Chie run only xD since she's my favorite and I just wanna spice the run. If I just do normal run feel like the dungeons will be too fast.

I enjoy my first play, I make the MC playboy and day all. (That run kinda make me feel bad... :facepalm: so that's why I promise myself to never do that type of challenge again).

P.S The solo run on Marie dungeon kinda failure since I haven't got the right persona xD so I take Teddie + Naoto + Chie :P

Edited by AristauesGiovani
  • Like 1