Siwa Oasis

zombiesateme

• 7 months later...

These errors meant you had placed a mine somewhere where Elites or tanks were part of the triggering process therefore you nullified the next phase.

If the 3 enemies (the part where you tag the Officer) are walking and you have placed a mine anywhere near where they came from, even if its not visible to you, Mission Failed. Same as Pont Duh Fahs Airfield when the LPRG come, if the enemies facing you or beneath you run into a forgotten mine Mission Failed...

I disagree with the post above but I could be wrong...just did this recently and had the same problem...if you watch the cutscene where the officer comes out you will see he notices the generator if you had sabotaged it = instant fail...solution: do not sabotage the generator near the big entrance close to where the first objective to go to the officer's room is...you will also need to restart the mission...

I disagree with the post above but I could be wrong...just did this recently and had the same problem...if you watch the cutscene where the officer comes out you will see he notices the generator if you had sabotaged it = instant fail...solution: do not sabotage the generator near the big entrance close to where the first objective to go to the officer's room is...you will also need to restart the mission...

Thats they type of thing I mean. Anything in the officers way, or in other missions, if you explode dynamite in certain places (before Trigger events) it affects the game and says Mission failed.

Youre 100% on the Generator as I just tested it and its Mission failed. Also it happens if you leave mines unexploded as well.

Siwa Oasis also has a fault where if you place LandMines too close to the back gates (end of level) the cut scene shows the tank exploding before the gates get to fully open,, then you die and the Autosave keeps retriggering the same event and respawns you to die again.

Thats what ya get for being a sissy girl by playing on SNIPER ELITE mode and Not AUTHENTIC lol......

Edited by snacklepuss

Thats they type of thing I mean. Anything in the officers way, or in other missions, if you explode dynamite in certain places (before Trigger events) it affects the game and says Mission failed.

Youre 100% on the Generator as I just tested it and its Mission failed. Also it happens if you leave mines unexploded as well.

Siwa Oasis also has a fault where if you place LandMines too close to the back gates (end of level) the cut scene shows the tank exploding before the gates get to fully open,, then you die and the Autosave keeps retriggering the same event and respawns you to die again.

Thats what ya get for being a sissy girl by playing on SNIPER ELITE mode and Not AUTHENTIC lol......

Just an FYI, I always sabotage that generator, and have never had a fail. Also, why would you die when the tank explodes, it's nowhere near where you are? I've set mines (Where I know it will go, not at the gates) before the mission to kill the final guy and it hasn't resulted in any failures.

Just an FYI, I always sabotage that generator, and have never had a fail. Also, why would you die when the tank explodes, it's nowhere near where you are? I've set mines (Where I know it will go, not at the gates) before the mission to kill the final guy and it hasn't resulted in any failures.

WE ARE TALKING PS4? Ask ProBamBam as its happened to him too on the Tank death.

If so...Thats also true for your game. Try setting an S Mine at the front gates or under the arch before they come to be tagged, or maybe your version is ok,  But have a go.

I noticed it never once happened to me or anyone else I know on Ps3, just the ps4 (Mission Failed)

Also...The PS3 also had a "missing" long shot on Confrontation as the target was not reachable on the bridge, and so I searched for it everywhere and finally found it as an alternative shot 

Its one of the most viewed videos on my YT channel (NON PROFIT-NO ADS) etc. NON Monetized...E Begging annoys me. Its just...Never mind..

Anyhoo...Heres that Ps3 alternative longshot fix  

Ah, interesting that anything in their way triggers the fail...as much as the comment about difficulty is funny it actually happened on authentic for me...

PMSL...Its a bitch when that happens...It scares the sh!t outta yee

Edited by snacklepuss

To be specific, i was playing on authentic difficulty in co-op on ps3 when this happened to my friend and i when we sabotaged the generator mentioned in my post above...we googled the problem only to find that the solution was 'restart the mission'...this is what we did, left the generator alone the second time around and passed the mission without any troubles...all I got...

To be specific, i was playing on authentic difficulty in co-op on ps3 when this happened to my friend and i when we sabotaged the generator mentioned in my post above...we googled the problem only to find that the solution was 'restart the mission'...this is what we did, left the generator alone the second time around and passed the mission without any troubles...all I got...

Did you happen to get the MISSION FAILED on any other missions? Namely Mission 7 Pont Du Fahs Airfield. It happens when you come out of the underground bunkers and get into the snipers nest, LPRG come onto the air strip and after a few shots, all hits BTW it does this. I know it happens if you dont shoot the Panzerfaus enemies as they literally blow the sh!t out of the LPRG. 

But it hpppens to a lot of folk and I was just wondering did this happen to you or anyone else on any other missions?

PS: If S Elite 4 has no shoulder swap, I am not purchasing a brand new copy. Im going to wait to swap a game or 2 for it. It pisses me of that a sniper game like that has no shoulder swap. 

Also...I can`t even get PS Now as I am in Ireland-North Ireland and its not available in Europe. N.Ireland is NOT Europe and we use £££££ not Euro... Grrrrr PS..RANT OVER LoL

EDIT>> Im going to run through S E III now and see which missions fail or dont. 

Edited by snacklepuss

No other problems with the game...was just responding to the op as we had run into the exact same problem...played through the game twice on authentic then did some trophy cleanup on cadet...am not an expert on the topic...just trying to help...

I guarantee Rebellion ballix SE4 up from the get go AGAIN... Cheers for the input.

• 3 years later...

3 years later after your chat i'm having the same problem. I've got to the tower four times solo on separate occasions.....to mad to restart straight away.

I read through your comments........i've now played through twice and sabotaged NO generators....and stopped pre laying mines for the tank at the end. On my last run i even moved all dead bodies well away from where the generals appear and walk......its an old topic, thanks in advance if anyone reply's....playing on ps3 btw

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2019 at 0:21 PM, ELVIN_THE_LION said:

3 years later after your chat i'm having the same problem. I've got to the tower four times solo on separate occasions.....to mad to restart straight away.

I read through your comments........i've now played through twice and sabotaged NO generators....and stopped pre laying mines for the tank at the end. On my last run i even moved all dead bodies well away from where the generals appear and walk......its an old topic, thanks in advance if anyone reply's....playing on ps3 btw

I’m encountering it again on ps4 in co-op. I am inclined to think it does have to do with leaving out mines for the tank since I hid all the bodies, did not disable any generators and the mission failed occurred after the officers split to go their separate ways.