what would you compare this game to?

oh... Those good old days of creating mods for Neverwinter Nights using that Aurora engine... Awesome legacy series.

Indeed. I'm still gutted that it's basically impossible to run Dark Reign (RTS) on newer PCs these days. That game was great, same with the ones mentioned in my original post. I still own all of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale box-sets with all the expansions and they are still great games to play.

• Like 1

Indeed. I'm still gutted that it's basically impossible to run Dark Reign (RTS) on newer PCs these days. That game was great, same with the ones mentioned in my original post. I still own all of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale box-sets with all the expansions and they are still great games to play.

Completely agree mate!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

this has dropped to $30 new with an EDGE card, also since its turn based, i am inclined to buy it. is $30 worth it? also may sit on shelf depending on backlog, hard to say, id play it, and either keep playing or shelf it for a bit to finish shorter games. 

It's a 100 hour game, I'd say it's worth it, but I personally find it as one of my favourite games ever created. If you're aiming for trophies, I'm going to highly suggest a PS+ subscription, and if you've never played something like the older Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights games, read some of or all of Kallume's guide. It's incredibly well made, and goes in depth for everything in the game.

It's a 100 hour game, I'd say it's worth it, but I personally find it as one of my favourite games ever created. If you're aiming for trophies, I'm going to highly suggest a PS+ subscription, and if you've never played something like the older Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights games, read some of or all of Kallume's guide. It's incredibly well made, and goes in depth for everything in the game.

i always have ps+. since i bought a ps4. it wont run out till sept sometime but normally i reload a full year a few weeks before it ends anyway :P 

i played some of BG growing up. it was fun. 

i always have ps+. since i bought a ps4. it wont run out till sept sometime but normally i reload a full year a few weeks before it ends anyway :P

i played some of BG growing up. it was fun. 

Good, you'll need it since there's a permadeath difficulty which you'll need a cloud to back up. Either way, pick it up, 30 bucks is a steal.