Knack 2 might be in development

Finozzi1696

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/14/knack-2-reportedly-outed/

Knack-Review-2.png

3D Animator, Mindy Liang, from Taiwan-based XPEC Entertainment Inc may just have confirmed the existence of Knack II. Over on her LinkedIn profile, the developer noted that she’s been working on Final Fantasy XV since August 2014 as well as Knack II since May 2015, suggesting that the latter has been in development for some time.

knack-2-report.jpg

NeoGAF user qualitydisc discovered the profile, and as soon as it made rounds, Liang removed both entries from her profile, settling for merely mentioning that she works for the aforementioned company on video games. The user points out that XPEC is indeed assisting Square Enix with Final Fantasy XV so we won’t be surprised if a Knack II is actually in the works.

Will we something at E3 this year? Let’s find out!

--------------------------

My opinion: this isn't my type of game so I never bothered to play the original but I share this news for those of you who might have liked it. Maybe one day if it goes on sale I will give it a try. I think the first game didn't had much good reviews so I'm surprised that Sony is still supporting it, maybe it sold well? I don't know.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

Oh god there must be better games to make than another knack... There wasnt any games for ps4 hence maybe why it did even sold well. I will not get knack II.

It's a such a shame that some 1st party studios don't consider making Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2. I know I'm being pessimistic but please don't ever go back and make a sequel to that IP. It was never worthy of a sequel considering the fact that it wasn't critically praised and the gameplay mechanics aren't solid but it sold well however.

It's a such a shame that some 1st party studios don't consider making Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2. I know I'm being pessimistic but please don't ever go back and make a sequel to that IP. It was never worthy of a sequel considering the fact that it wasn't critically praised and the gameplay mechanics aren't solid but it sold well however.

Yeah but wasn't Dark Cloud made by Level 5 instead of Japan Studio (which made this game)? I mean I would understand if it was the same company who made them and they decided to make a sequel to this game instead of that one but they are from different companies so I believe that each company has to take care of their own games. I don't know if Sony can just say "Hey Level 5 make more sequels for DC and RG please, thank you" and they can just make it, I believe copyrights/licenses or some things like that sometimes prevents some franchises to continue, because even Sony knows that those games have some kind of demand so if there wasn't any problem I don't see why they wouldn't make them, same with Crash.

Because clearly everybody wants a second Knack, the demand is rocket high, I mean it's not like the first one was a complete failure or anything...  :rolleyes:

I don't know, many people have been saying that it performed well on sales, I don't know if that's true but I don't really see another reason as to why Sony is making a sequel so that must be it, because in the end most developers don't care if it got bad reviews as long as the game performed well at sales.

I see this similar to David Cage/Quantic Dream's games, some people like them, some people don't, but in the end they always perform well on sales (and yes, even Beyond sold well, not as well as Heavy Rain but apparently it still made profit for the company) so that's why they keep making them.

I don't know, many people have been saying that it performed well on sales, I don't know if that's true but I don't really see another reason as to why Sony is making a sequel so that must be it, because in the end most developers don't care if it got bad reviews as long as the game performed well at sales.

I see this similar to David Cage/Quantic Dream's games, some people like them, some people don't, but in the end they always perform well on sales (and yes, even Beyond sold well, not as well as Heavy Rain but apparently it still made profit for the company) so that's why they keep making them.

The only reason Knack performed somewhat well on sales is because there was hardly any other options at launch... if it was to be released today it wouldn't sell half as much.

The only reason Knack performed somewhat well on sales is because there was hardly any other options at launch... if it was to be released today it wouldn't sell half as much.

Yeah well I don't know, there were so many games that not even their developers thought they were going to sell well and the exact opposite thing happened when they were released, so I think if they maybe fix some of the flaws the original game had this sequel might sell well too.