Hitman Go coming to PS4

played a lot of both this and lara croft go on mobile. very simple approach, but fun and challenging. i loved both, and definitely suggest people who love puzzle games check it out. it would be perfect for vita though. im curious about price too. hitman and lara croft go were both $5. but hey, a plat is nice!

Hope this does well so we can have Lara Croft GO too. That game is the closest we've gotten to Tomb Raider since... I don't even know. 2008 at the latest. From what I played on my phone, it captured the atmosphere and the feel of the original game perfectly, which is something the twin-stick shooter Lara Croft games - and definitely 2013 - have failed to accomplish.

Must say I'm disappointed that it'll have a platinum. Smaller titles like this should be restricted to 100% only imo.

Not disappointed that it'll have a plat, but rather that the process of deciding whether PSN games get a plat or not seems to be completely random and arbitrary.

Agreed. Games like TWD Season 2 should of had a plat and didn't but a game like this does. I'm not sure how long this will take to complete but it doesn't seem like something that would of got a plat.

Must say I'm disappointed that it'll have a platinum. Smaller titles like this should be restricted to 100% only imo.

Not disappointed that it'll have a plat, but rather that the process of deciding whether PSN games get a plat or not seems to be completely random and arbitrary.

I'm pretty sure this community isn't representative of the whole PSN gaming community. I'd wager the majority don't give a shit about how many and what types of trophies games have. In fact many never even bother to look at trophies.

Besides the video in this link: http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/30/ps3-s-trophy-system-explained/Has Sony actually published anything about trophy guidelines and requirements besides assumptions people have pieced together?

I'm pretty sure this community isn't representative of the whole PSN gaming community. I'd wager the majority don't give a shit about how many and what types of trophies games have. In fact many never even bother to look at trophies.

So where's your point? We are posting in this very community, aren't we. And the way the plats are majestically distributed just doesn't make sense is all we're saying. Because we do give shits about trophies here.

The PS4 is basically just getting every bloody mobile game ever now .... 

well the PS4 is basically the best selling main console worldwide right now (37 millions PS4 sold against only 19 millions XOne sold, vgchartz.com) so that's why many indie developers are porting their games to the most successful console, everyone wants money.

Edited by smellslikejavier

well the PS4 is basically the best selling main console worldwide right now (37 millions PS4 sold against only 19 millions XOne sold, vgchartz.com) so that's why many indie developers are porting their games to the most successful console, everyone wants money.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense money wise, but imagine the games potential if they had made it for PS4, instead of for a mobile and are just porting it over. We're even getting candy crush clones which I don't think should be on PS4.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense money wise, but imagine the games potential if they had made it for PS4, instead of for a mobile and are just porting it over. We're even getting candy crush clones which I don't think should be on PS4.

i disagree, having so many different options to play is what always made playstation stand at the top of the sales, if you want RPG you can play bloodborne, if you want horror you can play until dawn, if you want interactive drama/choice based games you can play heavy rain/beyond two souls/ and soon detroit become human, if you want fps shooter you can play killzone, if you want open world you can play infamous, if you want adventure and action you can play the last of us and uncharted, if you want low passed/story-driven games you can play everybody's gone to the rapture, if you want more "childish" looking games you can play tearaway and ni no kuni, if you want anime games you play attack on titan or sword art online... etc and having indies and mobile games also adds to the variety of the console, that's why you don't see the xbox one at the top of the sales, because microsoft focus too much on fps action games and racing games and they hardly ever give a chance to other game genres.

so that's why i'm always happy this kind of games comes to the console.

• Like 3

Well that one's easy. On a Throne of Games of course  :awesome:

I guess I was asking:

Has Sony actually published anything about trophy guidelines and requirements besides assumptions people have pieced together?

Is there somewhere that shows what a game needs to have a platinum or not be allowed a platinum?

Is there somewhere that shows what a game needs to have a platinum or not be allowed a platinum?

Nothing official, but there was this NeoGaf thread a while ago. Look out for the contributor "KennyLinder", who shows up eventually and claims to be a dev.

I'd imagine there will be an official document from Sony somewhere, but it's probably a "Guide for developers for Sony Certification" and is probably covered by NDAs which is why its contents are a mystery to those of us not making games.