!Massive glitched trophies issue!

Fierce-Hero

Hey guys, just wanted to tell you guys about my issues with glitched trophies in this game, and what some of my solutions were to fix them. I would also like to hear the issues you guys may have had when trying to 100% this game. Their were 4 trophies that managed to not pop for me, and after playing around I was able to get 3 of the 4 to actually show up. Ill go ahead and list the trophies and how i fixed them, in the order that I had the problems.

**Note: This game was played start to finish with the Sonic Adventure DX DLC pack.**

**Note: The three trophies I fixed, were all fixed after I completed to objectives for them. So they may not have popped because of that?**

1. Mission All Accomplished

So this one is a part of the DLC. Simply complete the 50 missions in mission mode. The way i fixed this was going back into mission mode as sonic and re-completing mission one. The game re read that it was all completed i supposed and popped.

2. Choa's Best Friend

Oh man this one made me sad. After collecting all 5 emblems for the Choa races, you will unlock this trophy. What i did to fix this was make a new game file, and with the same Chao I gathered the 5 emblems again. This of coerce was harder because after completing them the first time, they are harder, so be ready for that. After getting the 5 emblems for the new file, it popped. Thank god for the Chao system having its own save file, right?

3. The Perfect Adventurer

You have to get all 130 emblems for this one. It may be important to say that my last 5 emblems, were the Chao emblems. I think that because the Chao's best friend didn't pop, this one didn't. To fix this i want to adventure mode, and then to Emerald Coast to complete the final mission for it once again. Even though I was unable to collect an emblem for it (Because I already had it) the trophy decided to pop.

---

I have a feeling that the way they programmed this trophy list, it forces you to follow an undetrmaned path to finish the game, or you wont get the all trophies.

This last trophy I have yet to get to pop.

4. Metal Sonic

Another trophy from the Sonic Adventure DX DLC, you must get the 130 emblems while playing Sonic Adventure DX. As stated before my play through was done with the DLC from start to finish. This should had popped and I have no idea how to fix this one. I was able to get the "Metal Sonic Master" so this one is just strange to me. if anyone has any tips or have experienced this before, please let me know! Id like to try to work with someone to find a solution.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/18/2016 at 10:57 AM, ShianKiri said:

I didn't quite 100% Sonic Adventure on the 360 because of the Metal Sonic glitch a couple of years ago. Because I knew of this issue going into the PSN version, I had to make sure a couple of things were done.

First and foremost, make sure you have both Sonic Adventure AND Director's Cut downloaded and installed completely. When loading up the game, make sure the title screen says it's Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut. If it's not this, do not continue, do not make a save file, do not even play the game until it DOES have the Director's Cut title screen. This is the most IMPORTANT thing that needs to happen because what was happening in the past is that people would download the game and let the Add-On download in the background or install afterwards when they get to it.

Many of these glitches that occur, including the ones listed above happens because either you decided you wanted the Add-On after playing and installed it or you started the game before the Add-On registered.

Some people will still run into a couple of these bugged out Trophies. I'd put the failure rate to 5-10%. The worst one would have to be Metal Sonic as this one requires a lot of upfront work before you know it is bugged and worst of all, if it is bugged, there isn't a way for you to really correct this without replaying the game from the start. 

A suggested method (I can't verify if this works) is to backup your save file before you trigger the 130th Emblem. Easiest way to do this is leave an Adventure Field Emblem lying around, preferably one in Station Square. When you get it, you should get both the "Perfect Adventurer" and "Metal Sonic" Trophies. If they don't pop, reload your backup save until it does. 

I think it is time. I'll boot up my PS3 and finally get this trophy. I swore to myself I would never do a Big's fishing mission again but here we go! 

• 11 months later...