Dragon fin soup creators say can't fix PlayStation versions

Conker

This thread title should more accurately state that Blitworks fucked up the port and they haven't fixed their screwup. Because if that is stated, then the story goes from "Grimm Bros are soup sandwiches who can't fix their own shit" to "Grimm Bros fixed their shit on PC, but can't do the same for Playstation because a separate independent studio that did the port fucked it up and can't/won't fix their issues". In news, that sort of thing is called "burying the lead".

Just forget everything I said here, once I dug a little deeper than what the original link said. There was some pretty shady shit done to meet a PS+ deadline.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

The article clearly says "BlitWorks hasn’t yet said anything publicly about updating the PlayStation versions of Dragon Fin Soup.", so I don't see what all the commotion is about. Grimm Bros has said numerous times they didn't port Dragon Fin Soup to the Playstation and this article pretty much says the same thing.

• Like 3

If someone could just be kind enough to post the last link from BlitWorks saying how they had to port the game midway through development and how they knew it was broken and they couldn't do anything about it because they are just a PORTING studio...

This thread title should more accurately state that Blitworks fucked up the port and they haven't fixed their screwup. Because if that is stated, then the story goes from "Grimm Bros are soup sandwiches who can't fix their own shit" to "Grimm Bros fixed their shit on PC, but can't do the same for Playstation because a separate independent studio that did the port fucked it up and can't/won't fix their issues". In news, that sort of thing is called "burying the lead".

Do not buy into this bullshit, clearly a click bait article. BlitWorks said they just need the patch from the company to port the patch to ps3. It's true however that the devs won't fix the consoles versions themselves, but this "my hands are tied" is a bullshit beyond insulting.

I just hope that we don't have another Luftrausers among us...

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

Then they should pull it from the playstation store. They shouldn't just continue to sell a game they know is broken.

Well... we would have to live in a perfect world for this to happen.

What is broken on this game apart from unobtainable Plat btw? If Plat is the only problem, well, they have no reason to oblige... :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

What is broken on this game apart from unobtainable Plat btw? If Plat is the only problem, well, they have no reason to oblige... :/

Think the Vita version at least is just plain broken.. crashes constantly.

The game freezes and crashes randomly, making it very hard to get some trophies that have to be done in one sitting (i.e. kill x amount of enemies, complete 20 rune puzzles, go on 50 drunk rampages, etc.). Some trophies are unobtainable because they won't pop when requirements are met and some pets just don't spawn.

• Like 1

I really don't know why Sony always choose the most broken and glitched games to the IGC. And also, how they allow to developers of these games (the same thing goes with Styx: Master of Shadows) simply says "we can't patch it because it's very expensive, so you all will remain with this broken shit game forever, because we don't give a shit to you players".

Do not buy into this bullshit, clearly a click bait article. BlitWorks said they just need the patch from the company to port the patch to ps3. It's true however that the devs won't fix the consoles versions themselves, but this "my hands are tied" is a bullshit beyond insulting.

I just hope that we don't have another Luftrausers among us...

I hope they do patch it. I've been looking forward to attempting the platinum for it.