Dragon fin soup creators say can't fix PlayStation versions

Conker

Why did they specify "PS4"? The game can only be obtained via a bundle with all three versions, at least in Europe.

I asked for the PS4 version because that's the only one I care about. But I assume the same is true for the other versions aswell.

Finally some news. I hope the Extra Chunky content will be available as a patch for the regular edition too.

Also seems like the guide will need an update to include new pets, recipes, and other info.

They all talk about Dragon-Archon 's guide but nobody notices my name :(

Maybe you should write a couple more guides :awesome:

OH! I thought it was Dragon-Archon and HIS Clawz!!! Now it makes more sense!

Lol :lol:, did you read this Clawz? I own you now :awesome:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I asked them on Twitter. Everyone who owns the PS4 version will get the update free of charge.

dqi3ns.jpg

Actually, you asked them if everyone who 'bought it' already would get it free, not everyone who owns it. Since this was a Plus title, there are a number of people who own it who did not purchase it, which was what was being questioned. I'm not sure that this response confirms anything.

That said, I would absolutely expect that everyone who owns the title will get the upgraded PS4 version. Certainly that has been the case with previous games (Dead Nation and Resogun come to mind).

• Like 2

Actually, you asked them if everyone who 'bought it' already would get it free, not everyone who owns it. Since this was a Plus title, there are a number of people who own it who did not purchase it, which was what was being questioned. I'm not sure that this response confirms anything.

That said, I would absolutely expect that everyone who owns the title will get the upgraded PS4 version. Certainly that has been the case with previous games (Dead Nation and Resogun come to mind).

Even if you bought it for free through PS+, you own the game. It doesn't matter how much you paid.

The only difference is that Sony won't allow you to use the license if your PS+ sub isn't active.

Even if you bought it for free through PS+, you own the game. It doesn't matter how much you paid.

The only difference is that Sony won't allow you to use the license if your PS+ sub isn't active.

That's a relief, I got mine through PS Plus. Even after all this nonsense, I'd still like to try it.

Knowing Sony, that won't probably happen, lol. I remember several Plus games in the past becoming non-Plus because of several reasons.

Wow. I hate to be THAT guy but.. I rather enjoyed this game. Quite thoroughly in fact. The ONLY time it crashed (it crashed like 3 or 4 times while doing this) was when I was spamming deaths for angel of death trophy. I loved everything about this game. I thought it was fantastic and I never really understood why so many complained. Don't attack me for my opinion. I'm just saying, yeah I'm playing on the ps4, the best of the three consoles; and yeah, I definitely didn't go through or experience what ps3 and ps vita users had to endure. However, on the ps4, many kept saying the main story line was "incompleteable" which is highly untrue. It's a common misconception and a myth. What yours quests for turn ins glitched? That has nothing to do with the main story line. In fact, to advance in the main story line just keep accepting jobs at the bar and periodically checking back at the hideout to see if you can progress in the story line every so often. People bash this game and it's devs... But I'm here to say, it isn't half as bad as you say it is. At least not the ps4 version. And I would furthermore go on to say that this game wasn't bad at all for ps4 users. It was amazing. Truly fantastic game.

Wow. I hate to be THAT guy but.. I rather enjoyed this game. Quite thoroughly in fact. The ONLY time it crashed (it crashed like 3 or 4 times while doing this) was when I was spamming deaths for angel of death trophy. I loved everything about this game. I thought it was fantastic and I never really understood why so many complained. Don't attack me for my opinion. I'm just saying, yeah I'm playing on the ps4, the best of the three consoles; and yeah, I definitely didn't go through or experience what ps3 and ps vita users had to endure. However, on the ps4, many kept saying the main story line was "incompleteable" which is highly untrue. It's a common misconception and a myth. What yours quests for turn ins glitched? That has nothing to do with the main story line. In fact, to advance in the main story line just keep accepting jobs at the bar and periodically checking back at the hideout to see if you can progress in the story line every so often. People bash this game and it's devs... But I'm here to say, it isn't half as bad as you say it is. At least not the ps4 version. And I would furthermore go on to say that this game wasn't bad at all for ps4 users. It was amazing. Truly fantastic game.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much, really. But you've been a bit harsh on everyone who doesn't agree with you, and it's only fair to likewise correct a couple of things.

1) There is a point in the main story where you can be given a 'turn in' quest as part of the main story, and if you take it, then you are stuck. The happy circumstance that you and I both avoided it does not alleviate the fact for everyone who did get stuck in it. It's a known bug that breaks story progress.

2) There are still 3 completely absolutely unobtainable trophies (not including the platinum), and that's not counting several other trophies that are a nightmare to obtain such as die 100 times in one session without the game crashing.

3) Look at the long list of patch notes for the first 45 days on the PC version http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=359and compare how not a single line has made it to PS4 175 days later and counting.

4) Not everyone has a PS4. Two out of three are worse than just flawed.

It's not a personal attack, these are just statements.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much, really. But you've been a bit harsh on everyone who doesn't agree with you, and it's only fair to likewise correct a couple of things.

1) There is a point in the main story where you can be given a 'turn in' quest as part of the main story, and if you take it, then you are stuck. The happy circumstance that you and I both avoided it does not alleviate the fact for everyone who did get stuck in it. It's a known bug that breaks story progress.

2) There are still 3 completely absolutely unobtainable trophies (not including the platinum), and that's not counting several other trophies that are a nightmare to obtain such as die 100 times in one session without the game crashing.

3) Look at the long list of patch notes for the first 45 days on the PC version http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=359and compare how not a single line has made it to PS4 175 days later and counting.

4) Not everyone has a PS4. Two out of three are worse than just flawed.

It's not a personal attack, these are just statements.

Listen, I see everything you're saying. As I've seen you on the community on ps4, I've heard everyone's complaints and like I said (or at least thought I said) I do feel bad for people playing this game on a ps3 or vita. And I thought I made that disclaimer, too, that I was one of the lucky ones as far as it coming down to my game very rarely crashing and everything pretty much running smoothly for me on the game. Come to think of it, it did crash on me when I was continuously spamming craft recipes. It was one in particular. But it was a one time crash because I did the same thing again after a couple minutes to test it, and it wouldn't crash no matter how many times I spammed it.

I'm NOT saying this game is perfect. YES the platinum is unobtainable. YES it does have system flaws and it does crash. And YES it's pretty much unplayable on any of the other consoles. But all in all, for me, IMHO it was a great game and I enjoyed playing it.

On a side note, I would be interested to know where and about when and how the main quest glitches. As I said before, if it is at any point a "turn-in" quest, then it is not glitched. I promise. I have the trophy "hero" and all my turn in quests glitched on me.

• 2 weeks later...

It's when you go to a certain group's secret hideout, meeting a certain new main character. Said main character (for some reason) tells you to speak to another person, called Ramza or somesuch, and this person will give you a semi-random selection of filler quests which you have to complete before they'll give you the real meaty story-progression quests (save the scientists, etc.). It's very similar to what your previous patrons would give you, except the problem is that this person's filler quests are always "turn-in" quests (I think?) with NPCs that have other dialogue, and since turn-in quests are fundamentally broken it seems in almost all cases (I tested several personally) they are then impossible to complete.

At this point in the story, instead of taking one of these filler quests from captain dick head, instead go back to your old friend and complete a painful amount of filler quests for him. Save and come back every now and then to Ramza and hope that the game will show you mercy and give you a story progression quest, because if it's a turn-in quest you know you have to reload your save.

and if you were unfortunate enough to take the turn in quest and simply step out the door, then that'll activate the autosave and you can say game over man, game over.

Edit: I should have looked back before I started writing because I see now you already knew half of that for sure, but at least now it's written in one block for anyone who wants to know, and hopefully that fills in any gaps you were looking for.

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the past 2 hours looking for a classic style RPG with nice visuals/sounds on PS4.. jumped for joy when I saw this game.

Glad I checked here before buying. Definitely not picking this up.

Edited by usrmd
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the past 2 hours looking for a classic style RPG with nice visuals/sounds on PS4.. jumped for joy when I saw this game.

Glad I checked here before buying. Definitely not picking this up.

I think they are bringing the Chunky edition which fixes everything up. Not sure why they just don't patch this one.

• Like 1

I think they are bringing the Chunky edition which fixes everything up. Not sure why they just don't patch this one.

So the game will be fixed? I only played 10 minutes of this and it looked to be a fun game but after seeing this topic I didn't wanna go on.

According to a reply in the DFS forum announcement:

Extra chunky will be a free update available to everyone who owns the game. We don't have a date yet for the PlayStation versions, but please be aware that it takes time to port a game from scratch. We'll likely be posting status updates as we make progress on it.

They also mentioned they'll give a free Steam/DRM-free key to those that bought the game via PSN. Not really sure if that deal extends to PS+ members.

Edited by djGLCKR

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

According to a reply in the DFS forum announcement:

They also mentioned they'll give a free Steam/DRM-free key to those that bought the game via PSN. Not really sure if that deal extends to PS+ members.

Any news about this game? It still holds my interest to this day.

Haven't heard any recent news. Did anyone actually get a free Steam key?

I still find it hard to believe that they are going to go through all the time, effort and cost of bringing a new version of the game to PSN, then give it away for free to all the Plus Subs who 'bought' the game. Unless there are some day 1 paid DLC packs, this isn't gonna be a free release.

I still find it hard to believe that they are going to go through all the time, effort and cost of bringing a new version of the game to PSN, then give it away for free to all the Plus Subs who 'bought' the game. Unless there are some day 1 paid DLC packs, this isn't gonna be a free release.

I find it reliable. Sometimes it's better to do something again than fixing what is broken, that's why I think they talked about recoding the game from scratch instead of coding the patch.

What about the older version sitting there with lots of unobtainable trophies?

Will this game scratch that version away from the PSN? or will ad another one to my trophy list?

I'm asking this because i don't want to take any risks of downloading another glitched game and be obligated to leave them there to remind me i made the same mistake twice.

• 3 weeks later...

They might. Dragon Fantasy, book 2 was a mess on PS3. The developers re-released it on PS4 as Dragon Fantasy: Black Tome of Ice, which improved greatly on the original. And it was completely free for people who bought book 2 on PS3.

(Also, in that case, you could earn trophies for the original on the new game, which was great).

Late reply, but after checking the DFS steam discussion boards earlier this week, they said they were manually handing out steam keys after filling a survey pinned in the official Grimm Bros twitter page (which was posted in June). As long as you've played the game and it shows up in your trophy list (and as long as your trophy list is set to public), no matter if you bought the game via PSN, as a Kickstarter backer reward, got it for free with PS+ last year or any other applicable scenario, you just need to leave your PSN handle and where to send the steam key (email, twitter PM, facebook contact, etc).