Dragon fin soup creators say can't fix PlayStation versions

Conker

I just wanted to reiterate, cause I'm a liiittle confused. The developers will not be patching the game that we all own (PS3/4/Vita), but are going to give us the Chunky edition for free, to make up for all this mess?

Apparently it would seem you need to request it. I 'own' the game through Plus, but I have no intention of loading a broken game on my profile and submitting a request through email/facebook/twitter.

Doesn't look like this will be an automatic entitlement, like say with Resogun or Dead Nation where you automatically got the new edition if you owned a previous version.

And no, they have abandoned the old version, and I don't believe there are any intentions of fixing/patching it.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

Apparently it would seem you need to request it. I 'own' the game through Plus, but I have no intention of loading a broken game on my profile and submitting a request through email/facebook/twitter.

Doesn't look like this will be an automatic entitlement, like say with Resogun or Dead Nation where you automatically got the new edition if you owned a previous version.

And no, they have abandoned the old version, and I don't believe there are any intentions of fixing/patching it.

I'm assuming you mean request the Steam version? I was hoping we would get the console one, but alas...

Bummer that they've abandoned it though. Thanks!

Edited by ghostehkins

If all you need to be eligible for a Steam key is to have the game's trophy list, couldn't you load the game on a PS4, submit a claim, and then just delete the list afterwards? I would assume you'd probably need at least one trophy, but if not, that'd be a simple way to get around having an uncompletable list on your profile.

Edited by godzillaboy100

I'm assuming you mean request the Steam version? I was hoping we would get the console one, but alas...

Bummer that they've abandoned it though. Thanks!

Wait, the request form is only for Steam or also for PSN versions? No cross-buy with that when it eventuallt gets released?

Sorry, I misread the post a few up. I understood that you had to prove ownership and request a code to get the PSN version. Clearly that was to get a Steam key. My bad.

I have no idea what this means for the PSN version. Perhaps it will be automatically available, if it is ever released.

I don't believe there is any intention of them fixing the current version though.

Sorry for the confusion

• 3 weeks later...

If all you need to be eligible for a Steam key is to have the game's trophy list, couldn't you load the game on a PS4, submit a claim, and then just delete the list afterwards? I would assume you'd probably need at least one trophy, but if not, that'd be a simple way to get around having an uncompletable list on your profile.

That is exactly what I did. You do not need a trophy earned, since I had zero trophies for the game when I submitted the claim. It just needs to show up on your psn profile for them to verify. Then delete and hide the game afterwards. Did this in June and they responded with a steam key four days later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, reckscollie said:

I still enjoyed the game even if it has a lot of freezes. It adds excitement :D If they had plans of fixing it, it shouldn't take this long. So I think they aren't serious about it.

The last time they commented about it was a KS-post in the community part of the project:

3 - Dragon Fin Soup code is being refactored. What does this mean exactly? 
Basically, in order to make future versions as bug-free and optimized as possible, we’re cleaning up the code from the ground up. This will deal with most of the bugs Playstation platform players have been experiencing and allow us to do a clean and stable port to Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. 
Our interim CTO Jim Buck is the guy working on refactoring… but he can only work on it part-time as he has a full-time job. Sorry its taking so long.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup/comments?cursor=14500692#comment-14500691

Personally I wouldn't expect any news about a fix before 2020. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:47 PM, synthesis13 said:

still no patch?

Nope ... I'll be very surprised if this version ever gets patched as the game appears to be abandoned.

No signs of the "extra chunky" edition either - http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/04/07/dragon-fin-soup-extra-chunky-edition-hitting-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-pc-2016/

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I wouldn't get too excited, as this might not be refering to PS but the Steam version (which was actually fixed in several ways). I think we PS players are way too frustrated to trust this :(

I also wonder whether they would release a whole new game or a patch that updates the already existing version of DFS. I want the later. 

What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I wouldn't get too excited, as this might not be refering to PS but the Steam version (which was actually fixed in several ways). I think we PS players are way too frustrated to trust this :(

I also wonder whether they would release a whole new game or a patch that updates the already existing version of DFS. I want the later. 

What do you guys think?

I assume it will be handled as a completely new release. And I know that we shouldn't get too excited I just wanted to share the latest, more or less official, statement as they went on radio silence on Kickstarter (last update was in June about one of their shitty Twitch-streams) and that was the only thing I could find. And I find it kinda hilarious that people are still begging this dev for a retail release of the game. 

On 15/01/2017 at 0:54 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Thank you for sharing as I don't follow twitter myself.

I hope they will fix the original but if they abandon it and release it as a new game I will just give that the lowest possible rating on PSN and move on. Not much else we can do. I saw a post on their forums today from a frustrated user who paid for the game and passingly requested money back - at this point I don't think anyone can say they don't deserve it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stadsfiskalen said:

"2016 was a tough year but we are hardcore indie and never give up! "

What did the idiots have to do 2016? Nothing i guess. I´m glad i didnt started this crap.

Actually if you recall their initial announcements, it wasn't their fault ... it's the porting studio!! :P

Wow, they gave an official statement via Kickstarter:

Sincere apologies that we've been in stealth mode for such a long time, but things has been a bit crazy and challenging for us to say the least. Lets just say 2016 was tough year for about 90% of indie game studios out there. We’ve seen lot of talented friends and fellow indies this past year closing shop or just tapping out of the game industry... ꒰๑•̥﹏•̥๑꒱

Now having weathered the 2016 Indiegeddon fallout, we’ve dusted ourselves off, refactored the team, and are continuing to working towards big updates in 2017 including:  

• Patches for PSN ports  
  • New ports to new platforms for DFS  
  • The release of eXtra Chunky Edition  
  • Wrapping up backer schwag  
  • And … maybe even something completely NEW to share with you :D

What’s more - To keep everyone in the loop and to be 1000% transparent in all developments at Grimm Bros, starting February 3rd I’ll be holding a Grimm Bros AMA every 1st Friday of the month at 12noon PST on our Twitch channel - https://www.twitch.tv/grimmbros

Want some tasty tidbits on what we are working on at Grimm? Craving for juicy game industry gossip? Just want to drop in and say hi? Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is invited to participate! I will answer all questions if possible…. philosophical, political, emotional, life/personal, scientific, or just about on any subject you want to bring up. Here are a few quick guidelines on our Facebook page on how we plan to run our monthly Grimm Bros AMAs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup/posts/1791850?ref=backer_project_update

It's a bit too early for Aprils Fools' Day. :rolleyes:

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 7:27 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Wow, they gave an official statement via Kickstarter:

[...]

It's a bit too early for Aprils Fools' Day. :rolleyes:

Thanks (again) for sharing! Your reaction about sums up the voice in the back of my head lol. I don't have a twitch account and don't want one, so I guess I won't be able to 'ask' them anything, but I will definitely be tempted to tune in... or watch the archive later. Or (if it's as boring as their other twitch streams) just check back here and hope somebody has summarised the useful info :P