Survival Hell stories. (The Back From Hell trophy discussion thread)

Wavergray

Got to the 60s with Rashid.

I kept spamming his quarter turn heavy kick and his V-skill into a heavy kick, but lost to Laura due to luck and being cornered with her electricity. 

Got to the 40s with Ken and Ryu. 

I actually managed a technique where I make my left hand spaz with the left analog to do Shoryukens in a mashing manner, but it is a faulty system once you get to the 40s of stages because my hand cannot repeat it every time perfectly.  

And I know about the short cut for the D-pad, but it really isn't a short cut because it takes WAYY too long compared to the analog to input and the CPU punishes me by the time I can get a Shoryuken. 

There have been long grinds for trophies in my time, but this one being purely luck based is terrible. Just make 10 stages of pure HELL based CPU fighters or even 16 stages so we fight against each fighter of the game! That would make more sense Capcom. This isn't like Devil May Cry 4 where you get 101 stages of Bloody Palace and it is doable with practice. This is pure luck. I just might get the gold league trophy before even earning the Hell Survival! 

If ANYONE knows any good technique with any character other than Ken or Ryu please post it! 

I never understood the shoryu spam method, AI seems to just block them and stuff me with a normal when I land, not seeing the payoff in damage. 

My setup with Ken so far as been jHP bMP HP HPshoryu after a knockdown. AI seems to wake up down backing most of the time, so if you time the neutral jump to catch their wakeup with jHP, then you should have the freedom to combo from that. 

However, Laura always seems to take chunks out of me, she can wakeup with her HP fireball motion move, dunno the name, but ye she can pluck you out of a mistimed jump-in pretty easily.

Has anyone tried with Birdie? I've only used him in normal but I just spammed medium chain grab over and over and the AI were just eating them up, did it incredibly easily. Do the AI get around it later on in hell?

Edited by Baggers

• 1 month later...

Been working on Survival and here's few exploit and tips you might want to know

Tips:

• Know the character your using, his/her most damaging standard - cross over kombo & anti air
  • Farm points the 1st 10 matches with Double Down Supplement always, you will need those points in higher rounds
  • Buy Attack and Defense Up Supplement whenever you have good amount of health 
  • Practice and do the kombo you will be using mainly at least 15 times in a row, you don't want to lose a near the end match because you dropped the kombo (like me)
  • Never walk forward to Throw reset when you are applying pressure to a defensive AI on high rounds, you will regret it (in a nutshell, don't rely too much using Throw resets or you will be punished hard)
  • Don't be scared to deplete your CA bar for EX moves
  • AI seems to be vulnerable to Cross Overs, use it wisely
  • AI seems to be vulnerable to Meaty Attacks, use them at your own risk, i myself use them a lot
  • AI seems to be vulnerable to Frame Traps, on very rare occasions it will punish you
  • If you block most kombos of a Psycho AI (I read all your moves and punish all AI), it will cooldown and you kan defeat it easily (this is a rare case but it does happen)

Exploits and Tips:

• Lashido: We all know his Eagle Spike, use it like Hadokens and time ES korrectly (when AI is standing up for example)
  • Ken: Medium DP and same as above, don't rely the whole time with MP DP though
  • Ryu: Same as Ken
  • Laura: Frame trap the AI with St.MP, Cr.MP after a MP or HP Thunder Clap and you will cheese survival 95% of the times (AI rarely punish you)
  • Birdie: MP cancel to LK Bull Revenger (AI sometimes will react and punish the reset so kareful)
  • Necalli: Try as much as possible to end a kombo with Disk of Guidance and jump toward the AI to land aerial HP (AI doesn't block aerial HP most times, at least for me), apart from that it depends on your skill
  • Dhalsim: Maintain distance and spam fireballs, it sucks but on high rounds you will win by time out...
  • Guile: Maintain distance and always Sonic Boom, whenever AI jumps in range you know how to Flash Kick.  Its a slow method but it works.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think if I keep playing this mode I will eventually kill someone. Today I tried completing it with Nash but at round 93 Necalli is having none of my shit. I felt like I was fighting a bot.

Edited by Xeliot

• 2 months later...

I just wrote a very detailed 2500 word guide, but apparently I can not copy it from my document, so later tonight or tomorrow I will re-type the guide into a forum. I am just tired of typing right now lol.

Sorry, I meant 2800 word guide

Also, to reply to an earlier post, command grab spamming stops working with Alex Zangief, Birdie, etc. later on. Since I main Alex, believe me, it sucks seeing them wise up to command grab and countering.

I would like to post now that I have posted a very detailed guide for SFV Survival mode in a new Survival Mode forum for SFV on here. Just look for a forum in SFV that is about a Survival Mode guide and is posted by profile name. I hope anyone who is struggling or needs help with Survival Mode finds their way to my forum and gets the help they need. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, I imagine that with the new update and the possibility to even Save your run for later they have increase the difficulty in every category.

I gave a try on Easy last night (and without noticing it was chosen Random for the enemies)

And I have to say that I found them harder than before.

Then I played with classic order and they were like before the update.

I won't choose Random again lol.

I don't like what they did with the fortune teller.

We win items every time when we play Survival, so the amount of items should be reduced in the roulette and have more colors. It's just a waste of FM.

18 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, I imagine that with the new update and the possibility to even Save your run for later they have increase the difficulty in every category.

I gave a try on Easy last night (and without noticing it was chosen Random for the enemies)

We win items every time when we play Survival, so the amount of items should be reduced in the roulette and have more colors. It's just a waste of FM.

So definitely not easier to get some survival trophies?

42 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

lol It definitely seems like that AI ramps up on random. The fortune teller thing, I was a little annoyed because I only really wanted the ex6 colors for Kolin and Falke. No luck despite getting a bunch of tickets thanks to beating it on on all the levels. I got some ex6 costumes for Akuma, Zangief and a few more. I think I have one left to get on easy and 1 on extreme. I got Cammy costume but I don't play Cammy so -_-. Im not spending my FM on that fortune teller, luckily I can control my gambling habits.

18 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

I use to make it to the low 90's, most of times i'll fail at around 87. My problem usually boils down to lack of concentration after a while and i'll have that one slip up. I didn't use most methods, I just used Karin at the time since she was my main and then Kolin when she came out. I ended up completing this with Falke tho, I did use one continue. The items and stuff kinda kills the challenge of getting it but i'll just keep trying to get it the old fashion way now that I have the trophy to at least say I was able to do it without help.lol

23 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

So definitely not easier to get some survival trophies?

Its not even a challenge imo anymore due to the items you can use. FM can be used to continue and it only cost 800 and you get full resources plus the supplements and items at you disposal.

Edited by The-Sigma-Alpha

8 minutes ago, The-Sigma-Alpha said:

lol It definitely seems like that AI ramps up on random. The fortune teller thing, I was a little annoyed because I only really wanted the ex6 colors for Kolin and Falke. No luck despite getting a bunch of tickets thanks to beating it on on all the modes. I got some ex6 costumes for Akuma, Zangief and a few more. I think I have one left to get on easy and 1 on extreme. I got Cammy costume but I don't play Cammy so -_-. Im not spending my FM on that fortune teller, luckily I can control my gambling habits.

How many tickets did you get? 

I just tried once on easy the score was 100k for the ticket. I got it and then increased to 150k for a new ticket. That increase of 50k is big if goes like that for every new run, which is the next asking score, 250k ? And then 350k for 10 enemies????

39 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

How many tickets did you get? 

I just tried once on easy the score was 100k for the ticket. I got it and then increased to 150k for a new ticket. That increase of 50k is big if goes like that for every new run, which is the next asking score, 250k ? And then 350k for 10 enemies????

I think I got 18 total(easy, normal, hard, extreme combined). I can't remember the exact one for each ticket on easy. The last one I need on easy, I think you need to reach 500k. That means you need to get lucky with the bottom supplement that lets you fight for a chance to get 10x(double down 5) or whatever and you need to do that more than a few times(of course you can't get hit but even then I think theirs a item that allows you to take one hit in this scenario).

EDIT: I should clarify. Your supplements do not negate your items. So you can say put double down 5 and still use an item that restores you health.

Edited by The-Sigma-Alpha

4 hours ago, The-Sigma-Alpha said:

I think I got 18 total(easy, normal, hard, extreme combined). I can't remember the exact one for each ticket on easy. The last one I need on easy, I think you need to reach 500k. That means you need to get lucky with the bottom supplement that lets you fight for a chance to get 10x or whatever and you need to do that more than a few times(of course you can't get hit but even then I think theirs a item that allows you to take one hit in this scenario).

Now it has sense, thanks. I didn't notice those combinations.

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, FinalRevival said:

I thought Honda was the most annoying.

Honda was a massive pain even on Normal mode, he was like a chipmunk on cocaine. Him and Vega, my god that clawed spaniard can JUMP.

Although apparently jumping and kick+sweep kinda stunlocks most characters in the Survival mode.

Best character to complete Extreme however seems to be G, from what I've tried. I am not a G main but it was a walk in the park, especially with V skill 2 and his Presidentiality levels.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Hentekorino said:

So being that you can spend FM to continue, is this even a difficult trophy to obtain at this point if I just do some sort of AI abusing BS like spamming Ken's DP?  

Trying to decide whether or not I wanna go for the plat lol. 

Nope now it's a really easy trophy to get. 

And don't bother with Ken's DP. Pick Rashid and do High Eagle Spike (Back+Forward + HK). The AI can't react at all to that.