Grand Signature Tournament II - Round 3 [RESULTS]

cmgravekeeper

nkDNg4x.png

This is Round 3 of the Grand Signature Tournament II on PSNProfiles. POST YOUR VOTES! Advertising for voting will only happen if votes for a Round are under 25 or there is a tie in a Matchup.

Round 3 Voting Deadline: February 22nd

Theme: Black & White + 1 Color

z3rbQYj.png

Voting Rules:

75C6nUe.png

Matchup M:

Noctis (Ramonachan) - 12/28 votes (42.9%)

tLlN1Hx.png

WINNER! - Tifa (DEMON) - 16/28 votes (57.1%)

7YfhP0P.png

Matchup N:

Cloud (TensaiKatana) - 8/27 votes (29.6%)

5LYlt2L.png

WINNER! - Vincent (cmgravekeeper) - 19/27 votes - (70.4%)

yFmxc9I.png

Edited by cmgravekeeper
  • Like 2

Match Up M:

Both of these signatures are pretty good, I'm going to have a hard time picking in this round.

Noctis, this signature is nice.  The effects used are very good and well placed.  Text is decent but you could have done without adding the Grand Tournament text.  The main thing that lets this entry down is that I am seeing more of a Sepia tone than black and white (as you already have blue as your other color), so it has made my decision for voting in this match up a little bit more easier.  I'm going to assume it was a Gradient Map that added the sepia tone, you need to be careful with them when working towards a theme like this.  Overall though, as a general signature, this is pretty good, lighting is definitely spot on.

Tifa, this signature is also nice.  I like the way you emulated the Jack the Ripper mode.  Good color choice for the character involved.  The text is decent, I like how you didn't use all white text and made sure to mix it into the theme too.  Only bad thing I would point out in this signature is that you went a bit strong on lighting, but the depth still seems like it is there, good use on blurring.

My vote goes to Tifa.

Match Up N:

Again, these signatures are both evenly good ones.  Decisions are hard this round.. ¬_¬

Cloud, this signature is pretty nice.  It's simple and that works for it.  I think picking out the skin tone for the color was a good choice.  Text is placed nicely, but like last time there hasn't been a whole lot done to it and I personally think you could have went with a really bare bones text for this (if that makes any sense lol.. pretty much, not stylized like the one you used) and used Black as the text color, I'm not really a fan of the font used.  Not much lighting and depth has been added to this signature though.. not that I feel it needs it though.

Vincent, this signature is nice again.  I like the effects on the lower section, the crosses look okay too.  Not really a fan of the bokeh placed on the top.  The color choice here is good.  Overall, it's good signature, but the text placement was bad and kind of plain looking to the rest of the signature.  I think it would have benefited from a layer mask with soft erase.

I'm still really conflicted with what signature to vote with for this match up even after those comments made.. I think I will go with Vincent because I do like the effects being used and that it seems like it had a bit more work done to it than Cloud's (but simplicity is nice too).

My vote goes to Vincent.

All the signatures were good this round, hopefully see work of this quality in the finals too.

• Like 1

M: Noctis
N: Vincent

It was a hard one for me especially the first. The first one I decide because personally I like the style more. The second one I felt like "Cloud" could've done more with the signature.

Please note that these are my own opinions and I'm in no way a professional :P

• Like 1