Tales From the Borderlands Sees North American Physical Release April 26th

Borderlands on Twitter just announced that Tales From the Borderlands will see a physical release across all platforms it's been released for on April 26th.

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/700364205321359360

I still need to finish it myself (have the season pass on Xbox One) but this will probably be when I get it for PS4.

Updated the title to reflect that it's a North American release.

Edited by BooneIronshield

• 3 months later...

This is just scam, the Disc version of the PS4 for Tales Of The Borderlands has a shared trophy list with PS3/PS4. So that means you have to buy it digital to let a PS4 trophy list pop.

alright does that mean I can technically get 3 plats from it or no? Already have the PS3 and PS4 plats.

• 2 weeks later...

alright does that mean I can technically get 3 plats from it or no? Already have the PS3 and PS4 plats.

No, there are only 2 trophy lists for this game. If you bought the digital versions of them you are fine. But if you get the retail version for the PS4 version of Tales From The Borderlands you won't be getting a 0% on your list. Cus it will show a shared trophy list with mixed PS3/PS4.

See the link here: http://psnprofiles.com/games?order=a-z&letter=T&platform=ps4

The other list with PS4 it is just the digital version. It's a huge scam by Telltale Game's for the people who already did the PS3 version, and looking to do the PS4 version with the retail version like i did. I returned the game back to the store and told my issue, so they gave me my money back.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 6 months later...
On 2016-06-08 at 6:50 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

No, there are only 2 trophy lists for this game. If you bought the digital versions of them you are fine. But if you get the retail version for the PS4 version of Tales From The Borderlands you won't be getting a 0% on your list. Cus it will show a shared trophy list with mixed PS3/PS4.

See the link here: https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=a-z&letter=T&platform=ps4

The other list with PS4 it is just the digital version. It's a huge scam by Telltale Game's for the people who already did the PS3 version, and looking to do the PS4 version with the retail version like i did. I returned the game back to the store and told my issue, so they gave me my money back.

It's not a scam... Calling it a scam is just sensitive and ridiculous. As long as they follow the law, and Sonys policy about having any kind of trophy support they're not doing anything wrong. it might hard to believe... But trophies is not why 95 % of all gamers use to buy games. And either Sony or Telltale would give a **** about YOUR personal opinion about it...

2 hours ago, A-Rebirth said:

It's not a scam... Calling it a scam is just sensitive and ridiculous. As long as they follow the law, and Sonys policy about having any kind of trophy support they're not doing anything wrong. it might hard to believe... But trophies is not why 95 % of all gamers use to buy games. And either Sony or Telltale would give a **** about YOUR personal opinion about it...

I'm a huge fan on Telltale games. So don't come and shit on me buddy. I say just before the second trophy list was out they changed the list of the PS4 version into a PS3/PS4 trophy list. That includes the PS3 digital off Tales Borderlands PS3. So alot of the people including me bought the Telltale disc version (PS4). And it shared a trophy list with the PS3 witch was unfair and a scam. They should let it like before but they wanted that you buy the digital version for Tales PS4 and that you can do trophies for the PS4 version.

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I'm a huge fan on Telltale games. So don't come and shit on me buddy. I say just before the second trophy list was out they changed the list of the PS4 version into a PS3/PS4 trophy list. That includes the PS3 digital off Tales Borderlands PS3. So alot of the people including me bought the Telltale disc version (PS4). And it shared a trophy list with the PS3 witch was unfair and a scam. They should let it like before but they wanted that you buy the digital version for Tales PS4 and that you can do trophies for the PS4 version.

Maybe you should lookup the trophy list for any game you might get. That's what I use to do... and something I think suits many serious trophy hunters. If you're not watching guides or checking the trophies before you getting a game for the reason to gain trophies... you will never know if they are unattainable or not. Maybe the version you're getting has different or almost impossible trophies for instance. Dude... you have to do some research before you're getting a new game. You can't blame Telltale for that. Sure you can... but it's simply stupid. There are also some stores that won't accept returns. At least here in Sweden it happens often... Also Playstation Store refuses to send money back their custommers depending on the product... It's written in their policy. Maybe you will not be that lucky next time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

On the flip side, I did the digital version on the PS4 first. I just got the retail disc for the PS4, so I get to do it a second time and get a second trophy list.

I'm not sure I exactly see where the scam comes from.

Unless you mean that the consumer can't get both plats without getting at least one digital version of the game. Which has been dirt cheap on a number of occasions (think I got it for $3.75 last year)

15 hours ago, A-Rebirth said:

Maybe you should lookup the trophy list for any game you might get. That's what I use to do... and something I think suits many serious trophy hunters. If you're not watching guides or checking the trophies before you getting a game for the reason to gain trophies... you will never know if they are unattainable or not. Maybe the version you're getting has different or almost impossible trophies for instance. Dude... you have to do some research before you're getting a new game. You can't blame Telltale for that. Sure you can... but it's simply stupid. There are also some stores that won't accept returns. At least here in Sweden it happens often... Also Playstation Store refuses to send money back their custommers depending on the product... It's written in their policy. Maybe you will not be that lucky next time...

I always do that before getting any game. Like i said, all of the Telltales comes with a single trophy list (PS4) to get the trophies on. I bought the Retail version a couple of days after the release, and i saw the list popping up with the shared list (PS3/PS4). So i was pretty dissapointed about it. Because i bought the digital version on PS3 and got my 100% on it and the PS4 with the PS3 is something new and it's the first time they did that as well for a Telltale game. And i didn't saw any threads too.

14 hours ago, diskdocx said:

On the flip side, I did the digital version on the PS4 first. I just got the retail disc for the PS4, so I get to do it a second time and get a second trophy list.

I'm not sure I exactly see where the scam comes from.

Unless you mean that the consumer can't get both plats without getting at least one digital version of the game. Which has been dirt cheap on a number of occasions (think I got it for $3.75 last year)

If you do the digital on PS4 it shared the PS4 trophy list alone. It only appears with the PS3 list if you buy the retail version.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

10 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I always do that before getting any game. Like i said, all of the Telltales comes with a single trophy list (PS4) to get the trophies on. I bought the Retail version a couple of days after the release, and i saw the list popping up with the shared list (PS3/PS4). So i was pretty dissapointed about it. Because i bought the digital version on PS3 and got my 100% on it and the PS4 with the PS3 is something new and it's the first time they did that as well for a Telltale game. And i didn't saw any threads too.

If you do the digital on PS4 it shared the PS4 trophy list alone. It only appears with the PS3 list if you buy the retail version.

Yes, I am aware of that. I still don't see the 'scam'

There are 2 lists for this game - one list for the PS3 version (both physical and digital releases) and physical PS4 version. All 3 of those releases share one single list.

The PS4 digital version of the game has a separate, standalone list.

I'm not sure why it ended up that way - it was likely a mix up and the PS4 physical release was inadvertently linked to the PS3 trophy list.

But there is no 'scam' - any way you slice it, you would have to buy the game twice. It definitely sucks that the version you bought shared a list with a version you already had - but I still wouldn't call it a scam.

• Like 1