Trophy "King for a Day" unachievable?

Supermarco1012

Hi everyone,

since January 15, 2016 I can't see my in-game friend list anymore, no autolog news and my speedwall has turned empty, making it impossible to become a stage leader and achieve the "King for a day trophy"; I have, of course, some friends who are playing (and played) this game so i should see them in the speedwall but that isn't happening. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've found a topic about this problem in the official EA answer HQ; if you want to add a post, this is the address:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-The-Run/Autolog-issues-I-can-t-see-times-of-friends-on-Speedwall-Help/td-p/5107069

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

04-27-2016 01:11 PM

Update:

It seems that we have found the cause of the issue. However, I have not been provided with an ETA for a resolution. I will provide further updates when they become available.

Hope so, we'll pop this trophy soon and continue pursuit of the plat !

PS.. Most of us forget that the problem is not concerned with "King for a Day" trophy only,  but in addition, with ''What else you got?'' trophy 2, because they r closely related !

In both cases, friends list is NOT visible in autologs !   So the main PROBLEM is that, this NFS AUTOLOG not working correctly 4 no1 ! 

Edited by Vynzen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue. Unfortunately due to a security issue specific to Need for Speed The Run’s Autolog system we will be unable to restore its functionality to the game. However, online gameplay is completely unaffected and remains fully available for you to race against other players.

--Tom

official answer here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-The-Run/Autolog-issues-I-can-t-see-times-of-friends-on-Speedwall-Help/td-p/5107069/jump-to/first-unread-message

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

please post there even if you have the plat and help us

official answer here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-The-Run/Autolog-issues-I-can-t-see-times-of-friends-on-Speedwall-Help/td-p/5107069/jump-to/first-unread-message

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

please post there even if you have the plat and help us

"Hello everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue. Unfortunately due to a security issue specific to Need for Speed The Run’s Autolog system we will be unable to restore its functionality to the game. However, online gameplay is completely unaffected and remains fully available for you to race against other players."

LOL! I usually stay away from EA games. I remember one of the exceptions I made to this was Dragon Age: Origins... That was one problem after the other. Just to mention two of the more severe, if I didn't play offline, the trophies didn't pop (I'm serious), and DLC on disc didn't work..........

This just really sucks lol -_- oh well, I heard some people had some autolog recomendations so I may download this game and check it out. Maybe this situation is similar to Crysis 2 where not everyone were affected by server glitch.

This problem might have appeared first time in January 2016 but apparently it was not always present. For some reason I was able to do this trophy in March 2016.

Because no Friend Recommendations did appear on my Autolog I did try to use a second account and these times did show up. I did slow times with it and afterwards I did beat these with my main account. Funnily enough the times from my second account have been the only ones showing up on the Autolog back then. I do do not know why/how this happens.

I see, thanks for info. I will try this out, maybe not all hope is lost.

EDIT. Just tried this with 2 alternate accounts and the only time on speedwall in The Run where you select stages is my own unfortunately, at least in my case.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

This problem might have appeared first time in January 2016 but apparently it was not always present. For some reason I was able to do this trophy in March 2016.

Because no Friend Recommendations did appear on my Autolog I did try to use a second account and these times did show up. I did slow times with it and afterwards I did beat these with my main account. Funnily enough the times from my second account have been the only ones showing up on the Autolog back then. I do do not know why/how this happens.

I've tried this at the end of january or maybe middle of february - didn't woked for me ! Like @Remi said above - I only see my own time on the wall...

Edited by Vynzen
  • Like 1

Hmmm... Rider can you give some more details? So we can work it out and try to replicate the circumstances?

Is this second account on the same PS3 or another PS3?

If another PS3, was it powered on at the same time as your primary PS3?

Was this a new second account or an existing one?

When roughly did the second account agree to the NFS: The Run terms and conditions?

Do your second account times still appear in Autolog today?

Can you take and share a screenshot of the Autolog page showing a time by your second account?

PS. Your name isn't listed in recent winners for that trophy or the platinum or for other games trophies either from a quick look, do you know why that is?

• Like 1

Hmmm... Rider can you give some more details?

Sure.

Is this second account on the same PS3 or another PS3?

The same PS3.

If another PS3, was it powered on at the same time as your primary PS3?

See above.

Was this a new second account or an existing one?

A new one.

When roughly did the second account agree to the NFS: The Run terms and conditions?

Can't remember the day - February/March.

Do your second account times still appear in Autolog today?

No.

Can you take and share a screenshot of the Autolog page showing a time by your second account?

Unfortunately not because I did not do one at the time (didn't know that this issue might become that relevant one day) and now the times do not appear anymore.

PS. Your name isn't listed in recent winners for that trophy or the platinum or for other games trophies either from a quick look, do you know why that is?

Yes, because the owner of this site flagged me with this game because it was stated by some guys that this trophy is impossible since January 2016 - so I guess they suppose I've cheated.

Maybe I was only lucky back then, maybe EA changed something on their server/system at the time. I do not know. All I know is that the second account thingy worked but please do not ask me why as I have no clue.

When I started the game I was not even aware of this issue. I was only wondering why no times were shown in my Autolog but I thought the times done by my friends might be too old or whatever - it's still an EA Game, you never know.

So I tried the "Second Account Trick" I found in a guide and it worked at the time. That's all I can say.

Edited by Rider

I tried to replicate the above user riders method. I couldn't get any times to show up and I had fun shed stages over 3 accounts on the same ps3. It's just pure unlucky what EA did to this wonderful game. Oh well, I should have played it back when it was still newish. It has been a while although I'm still annoyed there isn't a patch to simply unlock the trophies that are unobtainable.