Smite on PS4

Ryuzaki1993

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Smite has been announced for PS4, and a closed alpha is already online.

Hi-Rez Studios is mailing those who subscribe for the closed beta with a couple of keys to access it, you can try and get one http://www.smitegame.com/ps4-beta/

In addition, they are planning to release the beta along with a "Founder's Pack" containing all champions, 2 exclusive skins and 400 gems to spend in the in-game store.

Smite is a third-person MOBA and it's already been released on PC and XONE. Fans have already asked whether or not there will be cross-platform servers, but the developers answered with "it's technically possible, but we don't have this in our plans".

Do you think this will grow a large community like those on other platforms? Or will it be "meh" like every other MOBA already out on PS4?

And, last but not least, will it be able to sustain itself after Paragon comes around?

Random news as they cross my mind:

In the FAQ they said the Founder's Pack will be out soon and will cost 29.99 €/23.99 £/29.99 $.

Hi-Rez and Sony are collaborating to find a way to import PC version progress to PS4.

The game will stay about a month back from PC's patches (the same as XONE's version).

ASAIK, the game has got achievements on XONE's version, and it DOES unlock them during this Alpha period, though trophy support is not unlocked yet (you can track your progress through your profile page in-game).

The original XONE achievements made me suppose there won't be a platinum trophy, BUT they added so many DLC Achievement Packs that we can still hope for one...A 200+ hours one, but still...xD

I'm loving the game so far, I've played LoL for about a year, but this has got me more. And it will have trophy, so it's a win-win.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been interested in Smite for a while. I could have picked it up on PC, but I my laptop isn't... optimal for gaming. So when I heard Smite was getting a PS4 port, I couldn't be more excited!

Realistically thinking, though, I'm somewhat cautious, though I believe I've reason to remain optimistic and hopeful for it to be successful. My PS4 MOBA experience is limited to Awesomenauts, which I loved on PC... but I can't even seem to find a game on PS4 last I played. It makes me sad and damages my hope for Smite doing much better D:

But on the flip side, Smite is a much more popular game than Awesomenauts... AND it's Free to Play. So I think it has a MUCH better chance at drawing in and holding a large player base than Awesomenauts does. I'll definitely be giving it a spin myself as soon as it gets its full release~

As for Paragon... it might look vaguely similar to Smite, but even so, it looks like it plays and feels VERY different from Smite. Not that I can make any proper judgments without looking deeper into Paragon myself, but even so, I think they'll remain distinct enough that whenever some players migrate away from Smite for it, there'll still be enough with Smite to keep it afloat.

• 2 weeks later...