[New PS3 vs PS4 trailer available!] BioShock The Collection is coming on September 13 for the PS4

Finozzi1696

Official announcement trailer for the Bioshock collection.

More infor from 2k website.

https://www.2k.com/games/bioshock-the-collection

Yes please. Def a day one buy for me. As for some peoples questions 

"The remaster generation trucks on with another bundle of lauded games making their way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. 2K has confirmed the rumored BioShock: The Collection for release later this year.

The package includes all three games (BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite) as well as all of the single-player DLC. BioShock 2 multiplayer won’t be making the jump to current-gen."

Thank you for the info! I have updated the thread and credited both of you :)

Really good news, bioshock has a excellent atmosphere and story. I'm not a fan of fps but these games were all glorious, I have plats for 1 and infinite, with 2 having only the MP trophies left, which I hated it. So it's good to know only the SP and the amazing expansions for infinite will be all in one box, I may get it again

Edited by Mah2c

Is it confirmed that there will be no mp for Bioshock 2?

According to GameSpot (and other sites as well) they stated that BioShock 2 will not include its multiplayer: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-remastered-collection-confirmed-for-ps4-x/1100-6441390/

Apparently is confirmed seeing how they are stating it, but I'm not sure if 2K said it.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Totally going to buy this again.  I made it a point to plat the PS3 versions in case this was remastered.  

Any chance they do a collectors edition?  I'd pre-order this now but would rather get a limited if one is made.

Edited by audiopile

I'm very glad to see this officially announced, even if it's just so I have an excuse to replay this fantastic series.  :)

BioShock 1 is a gosh darn masterpiece. It's easily one of my favourite games of last generation, and there aren't many games that have come close to it's brilliance even 9 years on (has it really been that long  :o).BioShock 2 was somewhat of an underrated game compared to it's big brother. While it didn't blow me away like BioShock 1 did, it told a great story that was a lot more personal, and it had much improved gameplay over the first game. It also had one of the bet pieces of DLC ever made! BioShock Infinite gave me one of the most mind blowing experiences I've ever had, not just from video games, but from anything. It definitely lived up to BioShock 1 in that sense. It's just a shame the gameplay was a step down from the previous two games, but I can forgive it just because of how excellent the story was. The Burial at Sea DLC was another great example of how to do DLC. It brought back some of the gameplay features missing from the main game, and told an equally as interesting story. It was so good!

If there's anyone out there who hasn't played these games already, this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so. I know I'll be getting those platinums all over again.  ;)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more new info from the Us Playstation blog. A comparrison video and it is also announced that the collection will be on 2 disc. Disc 1 will include the first 2 games and the second disc will include Bio Infinite.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/17/bioshock-the-collection-adds-fresh-coat-of-paint-to-three-classics/

• Like 1

Some more new info from the Us Playstation blog. A comparrison video and it is also announced that the collection will be on 2 disc. Disc 1 will include the first 2 games and the second disc will include Bio Infinite.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/17/bioshock-the-collection-adds-fresh-coat-of-paint-to-three-classics/

Oh I was just going to let people know about the new comparison trailer xD

Thank you for always keeping us informed with the latest news about the game! once again I have credited you in the thread  :)

I've never played this franchise since I'm not much of a fan of the FPS genre but I'll make an exception giving all the praise the BioShock games has got over the years.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Oh I was just going to let people know about the new comparison trailer xD

Thank you for always keeping us informed with the latest news about the game! once again I have credited you in the thread  :)

I've never played this franchise since I'm not much of a fan of the FPS genre but I'll make an exception giving all the praise the BioShock games has got over the years.

No problem. The first game is great, even though I never went back for the platinum I have played it through 2 times.  haven't finished the second game and never played infinite.

No problem. The first game is great, even though I never went back for the platinum I have played it through 2 times.  haven't finished the second game and never played infinite.

Yeah! from what I read on many comments from people who played the three games they said that the first game is great, the second one isn't so good and the third one is a masterpiece. So 3 -> 1 -> 2 in terms of how good they are, apparently?

Still looking forward to play all three of them, the remaster actually looks pretty good! although in my opinion it still doesn't surpass how good and improved the graphics of the PS4 remaster of Dead Island were :D

Yes, from what I understand it will be 2 disc. Disc one is going to contain the first 2 games and disc 2 will contain Infinite.

Thank you, very good news!

Yeah! from what I read on many comments from people who played the three games they said that the first game is great, the second one isn't so good and the third one is a masterpiece. So 3 -> 1 -> 2 in terms of how good they are, apparently?

Still looking forward to play all three of them, the remaster actually looks pretty good! although in my opinion it still doesn't surpass how good and improved the graphics of the PS4 remaster of Dead Island were :D

Hmhh... It's all down to personal preference of course. While I haven't played BS2, I definitely prefer BS1 over Infinite, because BS1 was a horror games and Infinite was not really. That makes a hell of a difference depending on what your preferred genre is.