Any difference?

Well, i played the PS4 version and the only problem i found was the delay to render the world, specially while flying a plane.

Other than that, i didn't had that framerate drop you mentioned, not even at a burning house and all. Also, the PS4 version is emulated from the PS2, not from the mobile one.

The PS4 version is exactly the same as the original PS2 version but this time with trophies, upscaled 1080p resolution and some other features, and that's because this PS2 games available on the PS4 are part of the PS2 emulation thing that Sony started on December last year.

The PS3 version is a port of the mobile version which was more like a enhanced remaster rather than a simple port like the PS4 version, but I read on many forums that the PS3 version has more glitches/bugs/fps drops than the PS4 version since it was originally on mobile, then they made a port to X360 which was also bad according to reviewers and this PS3 version is the same as that one.

I would recommend getting the PS4 version if you don't care much about graphics since is practically the same as the original and just to avoid those glitches and stuff that are supposedly present on the PS3 version.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

The PS4 version is exactly the same as the original PS2 version but this time with trophies, upscaled 1080p resolution and some other features, and that's because this PS2 games available on the PS4 are part of the PS2 emulation thing that Sony started on December last year.

The PS3 version is a port of the mobile version which was more like a enhanced remaster rather than a simple port like the PS4 version, but I read on many forums that the PS3 version has more glitches/bugs/fps drops than the PS4 version since it was originally on mobile, then they made a port to X360 which was also bad according to reviewers and this PS3 version is the same as that one.

I would recommend getting the PS4 version if you don't care much about graphics since is practically the same as the original and just to avoid those glitches and stuff that are supposedly present on the PS3 version.

Thanks! Yeah ii'll get the PS4 version on Friday then.

• Like 1

If you can, see if you can grab the ORIGINAL PS3 version.

It's still available as part of the trilogy on PSN, but that would obviously include the purchase (and cost) of 2 other titles.

This version is the TRUE PS2 version, the PS4 version is missing nearly 20 songs, as does the PS3 quasi remake.

Of course, if you don't give a shit about the songs, go grab the PS4 one :)

If you can, see if you can grab the ORIGINAL PS3 version.

It's still available as part of the trilogy on PSN, but that would obviously include the purchase (and cost) of 2 other titles.

This version is the TRUE PS2 version, the PS4 version is missing nearly 20 songs, as does the PS3 quasi remake.

Of course, if you don't give a shit about the songs, go grab the PS4 one :)

Haha naw i don't care for the songs so i'll just grab the PS4 version.

• Like 1

Haha naw i don't care for the songs so i'll just grab the PS4 version.

that dude is like a robot, every time someone mentions "San Andreas" or "Vice City" in the same sentence as "PS4" he automatically starts complaining about how it does't have some songs that were removed by Rockstar in every platform because their licenses expired.

yeah some songs were good but that doesn't affect the game at all, the gameplay, graphics, story, etc are still the same, many people who plays GTA don't even turn on the radio at all or don't even care about them.

go grab the ps4 version and enjoy it, that's all that matters!

• Like 1

that dude is like a robot, every time someone mentions "San Andreas" or "Vice City" in the same sentence as "PS4" he automatically starts complaining about how it does't have some songs that were removed by Rockstar in every platform because their licenses expired.

yeah some songs were good but that doesn't affect the game at all, the gameplay, graphics, story, etc are still the same, many people who plays GTA don't even turn on the radio at all or don't even care about them.

go grab the ps4 version and enjoy it, that's all that matters!

That's not the problem: the problem is what they did with the Steam version... a failed attempt at turning it into the mobile port. Thank goodness there are mods and "unofficial" rollback stuff...

Edited by Lance_87

I got and plated the ps3 version a few months back..

never had any issues with a choppy frame rate like you are mentioned. In fact when stuff gets so crowdy on screen it doesn't show a noticeable frame drops like the original ps2 version had which the ps4 port is based on.

But the one thing that is true is the fair amount of glitches the HD remaster had include the famous back to the XMB menu crash, which may gonna cause a lot's of gameplay hours to goes down the drain.

Edited by yellowwindow7

I'm still amazed that they not only had the nerve to "remaster" a MOBILE port onto consoles (360 only, initially), remove the original from the Xbox store then release that same version onto PS3/PSN and remove the PS2 version there too. Then, they had the sheer AUDACITY to release the original version updated with trophies and shit on PS4 not even a week later. It's one of the most disgusting pieces of corporate greed and apathy that I've seen in video games. 

Then, they had the sheer AUDACITY to release the original version updated with trophies and shit on PS4 not even a week later. It's one of the most disgusting pieces of corporate greed and apathy that I've seen in video games.

The Xbox version was quietly released about a year before the PS3 version. It didn't seem to be because of any exclusivity deal with Microsoft because it was barely promoted and the mobile port was released on Steam at the same time, so I suspect the plan was always to release it for PS3. In any case, I doubt they made the decision to release it on PS3 recently, considering how poorly its games sell in comparison to the PS4.

The PS3 was notoriously difficult to develop for, so they were likely working on it the whole time since the Xbox release. As they were doing that, Sony completed their PS2 emulator and GTA would obviously be their first choice to show it off due to its unrivalled sales figures.

Rockstar couldn't just throw away the progress they had made on the PS3 version at that point, or else it would've been a waste of time and money. It wouldn't have been wise to delay a release on a rapidly dying platform, either.

The PS4 version's release coincided with Playstation Experience so that would've been down to Sony, who probably did most, if not all of the work getting it on the PS4 in the first place. It just happened to be a week after Rockstar's PS3 release, which was again quietly put out without any fanfare.

• Like 1

I'm still amazed that they not only had the nerve to "remaster" a MOBILE port onto consoles (360 only, initially), remove the original from the Xbox store then release that same version onto PS3/PSN and remove the PS2 version there too. Then, they had the sheer AUDACITY to release the original version updated with trophies and shit on PS4 not even a week later. It's one of the most disgusting pieces of corporate greed and apathy that I've seen in video games. 

sony always had the intention to create this PS2 emulation thing for the ps4, if the ps3 version had existed or not they would have still released the PS2 version on PS4, and if it was released just a week before the PS4 version its just a coincidence, since sony was going to release san andreas for the ps4 regardless because its one of the most demanded ps2 games.

Edited by smellslikejavier

it was the digital version, my ps3 lens stopped reading discs at the moment probably the lens got dirty but I haven't yet send it to repair or open it up to clean the lens.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.  Most of the problems I've heard about with lag are related to the disc version.  Probably made the digital version then just threw it on a disc and didn't bother optimizing it.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.  Most of the problems I've heard about with lag are related to the disc version.  Probably made the digital version then just threw it on a disc and didn't bother optimizing it.

your welcome, don't know which one was made or released first, the physical or Digital. this game was silently hit the PS store and sony never announced it or did a commercial to it on their playstation Youtube channel like they usually do.

even though, people have the freedom to chose on which media they prefer their games on but, I kinda find it a waste to release this game on ps3 or ps4 as a physical. this HD Mobil port size is 2GB! definitely not needed a physical release in my book.

your welcome, don't know which one was made or released first, the physical or Digital. this game was silently hit the PS store and sony never announced it or did a commercial to it on their playstation Youtube channel like they usually do.

even though, people have the freedom to chose on which media they prefer their games on but, I kinda find it a waste to release this game on ps3 or ps4 as a physical. this HD Mobil port size is 2GB! definitely not needed a physical release in my book.

you'll be surprised as to how many "- 1GB" games are released on physical, wasn't minecraft size only like 500 MB or something like that?

you'll be surprised as to how many "- 1GB" games are released on physical, wasn't minecraft size only like 500 MB or something like that?

LOL! minecraft was nothing.

I believe rouge legacy also got a physical release and that game was 32 MB or something, same with retro city rampage DX its 47 MB and it was released on Blu-ray discs for the ps4.

EDIT: sorry for the double reply blame the mobile interface.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...