Mission 100%: Spring Backlog Challenge

I lied. It's live now.

I think this is acceptable :P:D

I completed another game just minutes ago :D :D :D

Edit: i want to thank you damon for this idea/challenge, because i used this opportunity to play some games from ps+ again :D

It doesn't happen so often the last months :facepalm::D

New Status:

Jak 2 41/41

The Swapper 10/10

Resogun 34/34

Jak 3 47/47

The Cave 20/20

Lego Batman 2 (V:ita) 32/32

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty: 37/37

Remember Me 26/51  --> 51/51

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 6/50  --> 11/50

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

My list:

1. God of War: Chains of Olympus (36/36)

2. Hitman: Contracts (29/29)

3. Splinter Cell (37/37)

4. Spec Ops: The Line (51/51)

5. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (20/20)

6. The Force Unleashed II (59/59)

Final trophy: Holocron Hunter (TFUII DLC) on 31 May 2016 at 6:19 PM US EST

Edited by Superunknown9281

Is 13 days before the end too late to sign up?

This is an awesome idea and I have a massive backlog collection so I want to see if I can knock out 6 in the next 13 days. Based on my game list and my average time to platinum I think I have a real shot at doing it.

My list (all games at 0% currently):

1. God of War: Chains of Olympus

2. Hitman: Contracts

3. Splinter Cell

4. Spec Ops: The Line

5. Valiant Hearts: The Great War

6. The Force Unleashed II

I guess you could try, or just 13 days and start with the summer one.

• Monster Monpiece (0%)
  • Demon Gaze (0%)
  • Dokuro (0%)
  • Hyperdimension Re;Birth 1 (0%)
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias (0%)
Most of these games have been on my backlog for a year or more. I got to finish Atelier Ayesha before I even get to these.

Too lazy to find the last post I posted so will use this. Just plat'd HDN Re;Birth 1, and I have 2 games left. Only have a week left, and I might be able to finish 1. We'll see!

last few weeks have been absolutely crazy, so i've hardly been able to touch the list at all, i'm going to fail finishing everything but i'm going to at least try to finish all the games i started. 

God Of War 3 - 100%

Hatoful Boyfriend - 100%

Killzone Mercenary - 50%

Legends Of War - 24%

Metal Slug 3 - 76%

Super Exploding Zoo - 100%

Gotta say thanks to damon for doing this, its given me a good incentive to get through the back catalogue!

• Like 1

People, if you're trying to sign up for the Summer Backlog challenge, go to the thread for it. Don't bother damon8r351 here. xD

I think she was signing up for the Spring challenge and trying to plat all her games in the remaining Spring time.

Personally I'm interested to see if she does it lol

Edited by Maftet

My games will be:

• Ni no Kuni (Completed 28APR)
  • Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (Completed 21MAR)
  • Ether One (Completed 19MAR)
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect (Completed 02MAR)
  • Until Dawn (Completed 13MAR)
  • Syberia 2 (Completed 23MAR)
  • Papo & Yo (Completed 02APR)
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Completed 02APR)
  • FEZ (Completed 04APR)
  • Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (Completed 22MAY)

Rounded out my count to 10 by completing Home: A Unique Horror Adventure on PS4.

My list:

2. Hitman: Contracts (19/29)

3. Splinter Cell (0/37)

4. Spec Ops: The Line (44/51)

6. The Force Unleashed II (0/59)

Chains of Olympus was a fun enough game, basically a shorter version of the first God of War as far as I could tell, with a slightly sillier story and less interesting visuals, but also a decreased challenge (more so in the Challenge of the Gods mode which took me about 15 minutes compared to ~45 for the original game, the campaign was actually tougher since you had to play on hard instead of medium to easy like the first game.) I liked not having to do a second playthrough.

Valiant Hearts is a fantastic game and scratched my itch both as someone soon to have a degree in history (yet knowing not much about WW1,) and someone who enjoys puzzle/point and click games. The QTE achievement in the game's penultimate chapter was an absolute nightmare however and it took me about 20 minutes to do.

Looking ahead, I'm on chapter 11/15 on Spec Ops for my FUBAR difficulty, and it certainly is a challenge but I did it on PC and I have little doubt I'll be able to finish it on PS3 as well. It's a fun game and a rewarding platinum, certainly more difficult than the Uncharted games. I'm about 3 hours from wrapping this up.

Despite the percentage being lower, I'm actually much closer to finishing Hitman: Contracts. To earn the platinum I simply need to finish the final 2 levels, then replay the final level twice for my remaining weapons, then get exactly 47 kills in a mission. This shouldn't take more than 2 hours playing time. Contracts is another game I played a lot on PC and PS2, and that has definitely helped speed up my efforts to complete it again.

I've yet to start Splinter Cell or The Force Unleashed. I actually can't even install TFU2 until I beat Spec Ops...not enough room on my PS3! I played the first game a long time ago and it was ok, will be fun to revisit. Splinter Cell I've beaten twice, once when it came out and a second time about 6 years later. I'm expecting to beat the average time to platinum by a fair margin, though of course there are many bugs and I'm terrified I'll run into them.

Sadly I will have no playing time for the next ~36 hours due to family stuff but I'd love to be able to have Spec Ops and Contracts done by Wednesday night and then have 5 full days to tackle the remaining 2 games.

At this stage I think the only way I fail is if Splinter Cell glitches on me. The game is of course notoriously buggy and crash-heavy (USBs will be used) and I would be feeling a lot better right now had I selected Chaos Theory instead of the original game, but at least there will be some drama :)

• Like 1

At this stage I think the only way I fail is if Splinter Cell glitches on me. The game is of course notoriously buggy and crash-heavy (USBs will be used) and I would be feeling a lot better right now had I selected Chaos Theory instead of the original game, but at least there will be some drama :)

Man you're fast going forward :blink:xD

And i know your problem with Splinter Cell. Had to play the first game 6 times for all gold trophies (complete walktroughs necessary) :(

Part 2 and 3 were much easier with only 2 each :D

Do you plan to continue "Pandorra Tomorrow" and "Chaos Theory" in the Summer Backlog Challenge? :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Man you're fast going forward :blink:xD

And i know your problem with Splinter Cell. Had to play the first game 6 times for all gold trophies (complete walktroughs necessary) :(

Part 2 and 3 were much easier with only 2 each :D

Do you plan to continue "Pandorra Tomorrow" and "Chaos Theory" in the Summer Backlog Challenge? :)

I actually already did Pandora Tomorrow (it was my 2nd to last platinum.) Easy and satisfying game, took me only the two playthroughs. I did Blacklist as well, even the annoying MP trophies though it took me a good long while to find a weekly challenge that was reasonable. 

I don't know that I have a problem with Splinter Cell HD yet but the thought of having to do more than two playthroughs really bothers me as someone who appreciates efficiency in trophy hunting. I think in terms of all the games in my backlog it actually has the highest ps3trophies difficulty rating (8.27/10)

Assuming I get through Splinter Cell HD, and probably even if not, there's a strong chance I'll be doing Chaos Theory for the summer challenge so I can have the series platinum! Shame Double Agent and Conviction don't have trophies, loved those games and it would've been cool to see a project platinum as SC is one of my fav older franchises.

For Sure:

Tales of the Borderlands PS3 (0%)

Bullet Girls Vita (100 %  March 15th)

Amnesia Memories (100% April 2nd)

Zone of the Enders HD (0%)

Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner (0%)

Broken Age (100% April 11th)

Grim Fandango (100% April 20th)

Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy Vita (1%)

Adding:

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (100% April 22nd)

Mini Ninjas (100%  May 25th)

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment (100%  March 26th)

Finished Mini Ninjas.

Not sure If I can make it....at least will finish 1 or 2 more on that list.

Finished Mini Ninjas.

Not sure If I can make it....at least will finish 1 or 2 more on that list.

For what i remember you needed a minimum of 5 games and you already covered that.

I don't think that OP has a problem letting move the remaining games to the Summer challenge.

But, obviously it's just my opinion.

Now, I'm against time, i just finished the 4th one, i jope to have enough free time to clear the last one.

For what i remember you needed a minimum of 5 games and you already covered that.

I don't think that OP has a problem letting move the remaining games to the Summer challenge.

But, obviously it's just my opinion.

Now, I'm against time, i just finished the 4th one, i jope to have enough free time to clear the last one.

He made the challenge tougher by naming more than 5 games so he should finish all in this month or be ashamed of himself :P:D

About a week to go so here's the penultimate check-in. Added a few as the challenge went on but it's the original list that isn't complete yet.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 40%

Sideway: New York (PS3) - 14%

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) - 42%

Firewatch (PS4) - 100%

Actual Sunlight (PSV) - 100%

Hitman Go (PSV) - 100%

Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4) - 100%

TWD: Michonne (PS4) - 100%

Ethan Carter will be done quickly, though I'm not enjoying it as I find it creepy (and I mostly play at night).

Completed the initial playthrough of Rapture and now have to do another two for clean up. The pacing (literal pacing) is the biggest issue with this and makes the game feel really long. Sideway is a bunch of fun but I've barely touched it. It will be the most enjoyable of the rest of this. Okay week, let's do this.

Just a few days left so here is a another update since i made good progress...

I still think i'll make it :D

Jak 2 41/41

The Swapper 10/10

Resogun 34/34

Jak 3 47/47

The Cave 20/20

Lego Batman 2 (V:ita) 32/32

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty: 37/37

Remember Me 51/51

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 11/50  --> 38/50

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

My list:

2. Hitman: Contracts (29/29)

3. Splinter Cell (0/37)

4. Spec Ops: The Line (51/51)

6. The Force Unleashed II (27/59)

More progress to report!

I breezed through the end of Spec Ops. Half the battle is knowing how to position yourself for each individual firefight and having some patience, and I definitely benefited from beating FUBAR previously. I died only 4 times combined for the first two segments of chapter 14 (the long courtyard battle followed by the assault on the machine gun nests) but then ruined that by dying 7 times on the comparatively much easier final part of the chapter. Overall this time around very little gave me grief, most of chapter 13 was a pain, and the aforementioned chapter 14, but other than that I could count on one hand the number of times I died in any one segment, even the annoying solo part to kick off chapter 6. I think it's an underrated game and well worth a look if you like third person shooters and want a fast platinum that is relatively challenging.

I was a bit slower in finishing off Contracts (great game and very satisfying platinum, though not especially tough) than I would have liked, but made up for it with a strong showing in Force Unleashed 2. I would estimate that it took a little under 3 hours of playing to get nearly half of the game's trophies. Of course, I don't expect the rest to come so quickly and some of the challenges seem like a proper pain, but I'm encouraged so far. It's a bit of a rubbish game, and runs badly for no discernible reason on my system - some of the fight scenes/combos are laggy and I crashed twice in rapid succession. I am using a PSN copy, no disc, so I am very confused as to why that would be. I haven't crashed at all outside of those moments, so hopefully it was just an aberration.

I haven't even booted up Splinter Cell yet, will definitely push myself into doing that later today and then cross every appendage I have when trophies are due to unlock.

• Like 3

For Sure:

Tales of the Borderlands PS3 (0%)

Bullet Girls Vita (100 %  March 15th)

Amnesia Memories (100% April 2nd)

Zone of the Enders HD (0%)

Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner (0%)

Broken Age (100% April 11th)

Grim Fandango (100% April 20th)

Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy Vita (1%)

Adding:

Senran Kagura Estival Versus (100% April 22nd)

Mini Ninjas (100%  May 25th)

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment (100%  March 26th)

Finished Tales of Borderlands.

• Like 1

Almost tempted to ask why you even have a backlog if it's that easy for you to finish off that many games in so short of a time. Unless you've been sitting in front of your console wearing astronaut diapers for the last few days. :P

I picked shorter games (and three I've already played) for a reason. If you look at my list of all platinums I don't think I have completed a game that took more than maybe 25 hours to finish, and about half of them I have previously played on either PC or PS2. That allows me to experience a wide variety of games while knocking out trophies very quickly and feeling good about that. Here's my best estimates for how long each game in this challenge took me:

Chains of Olympus: 7 hours

Valiant Hearts: 5 hours

Spec Ops: 11 hours

Contracts: 9 hours

With about 5 hours invested into TFU2 so far that brings me up to 37 hours, or roughly 5 hours a day. Counting the small amounts of Battlefield 4 and Jeopardy I've done since then my total is more like 6 hours a day. A decently high total for sure but not outrageous given my current situation.

I certainly wouldn't be the astronaut diapers type. I'm basically incapable of sessions lasting longer than about 3 hours, and typically need some small break (5-10 minutes outside or pacing to circulate my legs) every hour. I'm done with school (one year from a BA in history and economics) for the semester so besides gaming my days consist of lots of cleaning and housework, cooking 2x a day, and 30 minutes to an hour of exercise. In other words, great activities to bracket a gaming session with and sort of break up the monotony of grinding from time to time.

I have a backlog because, in spite of starting PS gaming in February of this year and averaging about 10 platinums a month since then, I still have well over 75 games in my backlog, many of which are PS Plus games I get from my brother's account. For the summer challenge I'm forcing myself to start pushing into some of my longer time to complete games, in addition to many shorter games that were a bit too easy to make into a challenge, but that hardly felt like an appropriate or even remotely fun thing to do for this one given the time constraints. I've had a blast knocking them out so quickly thus far :)

• Like 1