The Next James Bond Video Game...?

JONNY-1992-_-

007 Legends was released in 2012 and since then there has been no James Bond video game and there still doesn't look to be a new one being developed soon. I don't even think Activision have the rights to publish them any longer and even if they still do, They aren't using the license at the moment. It's a shame as I think Blood Stone is brilliant and even though 007 Legends didn't receive a great reception, I still think another great Bond game can be developed under Activision. Spectre was released in 2015 and of course all the talk has been about that but there's been almost no talk about a new game and that surprises me because there has been so many over the last 20 or so Years and now it seems to be stuck in limbo.

The main draw of 007 games was the splitscreen MP but now splitscreen is irrelevant; also, we have a plethora of FPS games with better graphics, stories, and fleshed-out online MP modes.

Don't get me wrong, 007 was one of my favourite PS2 game series and I'd like a new spy game, but there doesn't seem to be a place for 007 anymore unless they fundamentally evolve it into something that can compete with the likes of Wolfenstein, Metro, CoD, etc.

• Like 2

It's hard to imagine what a Bond game would look like in this day and age. The movies are feeling tired as hell - even the new ones are disappointing when you hold them next to the classics, and the very latest one was just terrible in my opinion - and the games were definitely going that way.

If someone did want to bring the Bond franchise back to gaming, I'd like to see the effort focused entirely on the single player campaign. I realise that Goldeneye 64 popularised competitive FPS MP gaming but, these days, I don't think they'd be able to compete with the likes of CoD and Destiny. I agree with the above poster, much better to go the Bioshock or Wolfenstein: The New Order route and make something that can actually stand out than to drown in the mire of multiplayer focused ubiquity.