PlayStation Plus IGC lineup for March 2016

Jay

I like the ps4 choices for this month and if this Flame over is cross buy than I'll get that also. I must be one of the few that don't mind the games we get on plus these days. I like trying other types of games out plus PS plus isn't all about the free games. More times than not the sales are pretty decent also and I end up getting a lot of the bigger games a lot cheaper by just waiting for them to go on sale.

You bring up a good point.  I could spend that $50 on game sales for games I actually want.  Then I also wouldn't feel stupid for buying a game that is later PS+'d.

It also drives me nuts that they provide us with games that have DLC quite often. Like a sample from a dealer.

YAY FOR COMPLAINING! And if you don't like that people like me always complain, just remember, the only reason I complain (about Plus anyway) constantly, is because you dickheads get so annoyed at people speaking their opinion.

I'm still loling about this right now and I read your comment a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

Like I said, when Sony finally wants to be competitive with Microsoft again I will take another look, but for now, I have no intentions of renewing my sub.

The problem really is MS isn't competitive with Sony right now. So, as Sony continues to pull away, they don't really care to offer a better product. MS are currently playing catch up, and you can see they are willing to put bigger games (likely at a higher cost to them) on GWG right now.

Sony was fighting to catch up last gen, so Plus was a much stronger offering. I downloaded nothing in Feb, but that was still a much better month than this. Probably the worst month I have seen.

Plus is still overall a great value IMO. I use it for the sales and cloud storage.

Still, Hardware Rivals was great in Jan, so even if that is all I download for this quarter of the year, I've got my money's worth.

Edited by diskdocx

The problem really is MS isn't competitive with Sony right now. So, as Sony continues to pull away, they don't really care to offer a better product. MS are currently playing catch up, and you can see they are willing to put bigger games (likely at a higher cost to them) on GWG right now.

Sony was fighting to catch up last gen, so Plus was a much stronger offering.

Plus is still overall a great value IMO. I use it for the sales and cloud storage. I downloaded nothing in Feb, but that was still a much better month than this. Probably the worst month I have seen.

Still, Hardware Rivals was great in Jan, so even if that is all I download for this quarter of the year, I've got my money's worth.

No argument there, and I fully understand why it's happening.  The problem for me is I only used + for IGC.  It used to be awesome and well worth the $40-50 a year.  But I always hated that it was rentals, and once the quality dropped and I was playing less and less from the IGC I got discouraged.  I bought 2 cheaper subs ($35 or 40 each) about 2 years ago and stacked them, as I had been so happy with + in the past.  That turned out to be a mistake, so I let my sub lapse.  I wouldn't turn to Xbox as an alternative, I just simply won't be paying for either service.  I'm glad cloud saves and sales are worth it for you, sadly they aren't for me.  I have 2 USB drives for save iterations and I don't buy digital, so the sales (which are usually still more expensive than I can buy the disc version for at the store) don't mean much to me.  In the ultra-rare event I want a digital only game, I wait for a flash sale or don't buy it.

Whether or not the circumstances will change is yet to be seen, but I really hope Microsoft does catch-up.  If it doesn't, then I guess I will be waiting a long time to take another look at +, lol.

Super Stardust HD isn't a bad game, and even if I'm into shmups and even Resogun, this is not my type of game. It is by the same people as who made Resogun, Dead Nation and Outland.

Galak-Z seems to be much the same as Super Stardust HD. I'm not sure why they would give both of these in the same month... :S I might have to test it to see if it's for me though, because I might like it.

Broforce is definitely a game I wanna play.

MS are currently playing catch up, and you can see they are willing to put bigger games (likely at a higher cost to them) on GWG right now.

But let's be honest here, a lot of games for XBL gold has been PS+ games in the past, just like a half to almost two years earlier. :P

Not very impressed by this month's selection though, especially seeing as some of the games didn't look that good, most have DLCs you don't get and of the better stuff, two of the games are somewhat similar. The only game I'm likely to play is the one that won the vote. This is coming from someone who is usually pretty happy about the selection. :\

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Kind of disappointed by this month's selection. I can't believe they are put Super Stardust back up for free. Remember when it was one of the selections when PSN had its outage years ago?  Anyways nothing for me this month; I just continue playing the free games from the previous two months.  

As someone who had it almost since day 1, I'm not at all bummed about letting BS+ expire this month (< not a typo).

BroForce is the most interesting game on the list and I already have it on Steam -- played it a couple times for like 15 mins and the nostalgia wore off and never touched it again.  I definitely won't re-sub to this service until way after I get a PS4 and I stack up a bunch of games with MP trophies I need to be able to plat each game (and even then, I'll do like a 1-month sub).

Maybe Sony will try harder in the future once more subs lapse and Xboners brag hard enough that they get better games (which they do, and they get them for keeps, not on a 'rental' basis).

Pretty well the same boat but I've been bitter about Plus for a while now. I'm only quoting to say the "BS+" is one of the best things I've ever heard, and I'm totally stealing it.

Nothing tops the month Medal of Honour Warfighter was on it for shittiest month, but this comes damn close.

Also to people saying BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS IGNORANT PLEBS I'm quite happy to, problem is that it's the SAME horizons EVERY month, and given the general and sale prices for these offerings are cheap enough anyway it's hard to feel that they're being anything other than cheap. I mean, I swear I've seen The Last Guy on sale for like 2 dollars on the AUSTRALIAN store. 

Aren't there reasonable retail titles you could put up for the PS4 at this point? Infamous Second Son? The Wolfensteins? DMC4? I mean I'm not asking for Bloodborne GOTY but throw me a fucking bone here. 

Sony was fighting to catch up last gen, so Plus was a much stronger offering. I downloaded nothing in Feb, but that was still a much better month than this. Probably the worst month I have seen.

Plus is still overall a great value IMO. I use it for the sales and cloud storage.

As someone who Platinumed Hardware Rivals last month let me just say no it isn't. It's a poor man's Twisted Metal and one I immediately dropped after Platinuming it. It is easy, though and I ended up getting somewhat good at it. 

• Like 4