PlayStation Plus IGC lineup for March 2016

Jay

Pretty decent lineup.  Almost bought Flame Over and Galak-Z a while back, so I'm happy to get the chance to try them out for free.

I agree, at first it seems underwhelming, but PS4 got high quality titles. PS3 ones are more meh, but I'll definitely play The Last Guy. Vita games have Flame Over which I wanted for so long, and Reality Fighters seems not bad, and its a retail title :)

Japan is Japan =D

You know something funny? i remember that someone on the eu blog asked someone on the PS PLUS team  for JPRG, and that man said that something like this, ''we don't believe that JRPG would really be good on PS PLUS because the vast majority probably won't like it.'' well.. they sure like The last guy huh Sony? i would love to get even Persona 3 and not those games on the Vita.. hell, there are so many good games out there for PS3 (i can understand the PS4 stuff with AAA and all) but PS3? it's 9 years old! and you give us something that came out 9 years ago...

Edited by Gate_Guard

As someone who had it almost since day 1, I'm not at all bummed about letting BS+ expire this month (< not a typo).

BroForce is the most interesting game on the list and I already have it on Steam -- played it a couple times for like 15 mins and the nostalgia wore off and never touched it again.  I definitely won't re-sub to this service until way after I get a PS4 and I stack up a bunch of games with MP trophies I need to be able to plat each game (and even then, I'll do like a 1-month sub).

Maybe Sony will try harder in the future once more subs lapse and Xboners brag hard enough that they get better games (which they do, and they get them for keeps, not on a 'rental' basis).

Meh. I haven't had PS Plus since my good ol' battling days in Dragon Ball XenoVerse (Cell is a beast!) upon its release. It wasn't even that long ago -- at least it does't feel like it -- that I downloaded InFamous: First Light for free, played it for a few minutes and then allowed it to gradually slide off the XMB and into the PS4's "well-organized" game library. Even so, at least the game was decent; just not my type of game. Later, I decided not to renew PS Plus simply because I don't care too much for multiplayer.

This, though... I feel bad for subscribers who truly look forward to monthly PS Plus games. Wow... I understand that Broforce was voted in but the most entertainment I'll find out of this collection is offering up a little wordplay on behalf of some gamers, as in...

quotes1.jpg

Broforce, we've received news of March's free game lineup and the excitement is beyond Galak-Z (btw, i just got that pun) as the community is about to explode into Super Stardust HD bits with anticipation for even better offers next month! Reality Fighters need not apply, this isn't a dream. In conclusion, don't be The Last Guy to renew your PS Plus or sign up if you're not yet a subscriber. Oh, dear, Flame Over, man, Flame Over, man!"

22003-200.png

PS: If you don't mind my asking, how/why did TheYuriG get banned? Was his self-ban request legit? I'm a little curious as I visited his profile page just a couple of days ago...

Edited by AdventCloud7

You know something funny? i remember that someone on the eu blog asked someone on the PS PLUS team  for JPRG, and that man said that something like this, ''we don't believe that JRPG would really be good on PS PLUS because the vast majority probably won't like it.'' well.. they sure like The last guy huh Sony? i would love to get even Persona 3 and not those games on the Vita.. hell, there are so many good games out there for PS3 (i can understand the PS4 stuff with AAA and all) but PS3? it's 9 years old! and you give us something that came out 9 years ago...

Well, the guy has a point, though. 

You put J-game on Plus and everyone is like "wtf zis weeb shite"...

On the other hand, they should open eyes and start giving J-games on Vita, Sony should finally realize who the Vita users really are :awesome:

PS: If you don't mind my asking, how/why did TheYuriG get banned? Was his self-ban request legit? I'm a little curious as I visited his profile page just a couple of days ago...

I was interested in this myself, I  realize that it is in no way close to the topic at hand but i actually physically searched for this in the forum and came up short

Well, the guy has a point, though. 

You put J-game on Plus and everyone is like "wtf zis weeb shite"...

On the other hand, they should open eyes and start giving J-games on Vita, Sony should finally realize who the Vita users really are :awesome:

It's no different then ''indies'', people complain about them as well.. Sony's logic is that an indie game is better for the vast majority then JRPG. what's more? they (for some reason) give japan and asia triple aaa while they give us games that came out in 2008.. i really fail to see the logic here.

I dont understand how people are ok with the decline of PS Plus but to each their own.

+1

Because it's not a decline to me personally, I'm still (overall) satisified with the content of the IGC.

I pay 4 euros/month for this service. I think it has been worth it every month.

Perhaps the games being offered really interest you or the other services, like some have mentioned, are worth it alone.  Strictly from a game's perspective, there is in fact a decline, regardless of whether they are considered good or bad by some people, the quality of offerings has dropped since PS4 was released.  If you still get something for your money and are happy, that's great.  I don't think most people feel that way anymore.  I know I don't, and like many others I only sub for the IGC.  I could care less about cloud saves, discounts, and PS4 MP (as I don't have a PS4 yet).  So for those who are here just for the IGC, or see cloud saves and discounts as a bonus but not a selling point, the price seems very steep when we're offered only games that will probably be on a 99 cent flash sale in the near future (in which we could spend that same $5 or 4 Euros to buy them outright and not rent them).  Hell, some of this months games have been offered for free in the past.

So to each their own in regards to whether you're still happy with the service as a whole, but it's pretty obvious that the quality of IGC offerings is on the decline.

Because it's not a decline to me personally, I'm still (overall) satisified with the content of the IGC.

Let's be honest here. I usually think we get pretty good content, but this month was very weak.

Still, I do agree that we don't really see a decline yet, because for all we know, this was just one weak month. Though, I think Sony should hear that we notice it, so they don't go down this path.

Edited by MMDE

This, though... I feel bad for subscribers who truly look forward to monthly PS Plus games. Wow... I understand that Broforce was voted in 

Even this is suspect to me. It's not like there was this massive choice of games or anything. For many, Broforce might simply have seemed the least awful option. 

That being said, there have been times when I was really stoked for PS+, but ended up getting burned by something that wasn't at all their fault. As a tangible example, back a few months, PS+ offered Dragon Fin Soup, which felt like a game that was just up my alley (the devs compared it to Secret of Mana). The game crashed on me in the tutorial, and twice more before I got out of the first flippin' town. Maybe Sony knew it was bad beforehand, but my take was that the devs just put a bad product out.

But let's be honest: the best thing about PS+ (at least for the non-MP crowd) these days are the sales, and that's exactly what Sony wants. Often, their sales are excellent, but it requires that I spend additional money to take advantage of Plus.

Even this is suspect to me. It's not like there was this massive choice of games or anything. For many, Broforce might simply have seemed the least awful option. 

That being said, there have been times when I was really stoked for PS+, but ended up getting burned by something that wasn't at all their fault. As a tangible example, back a few months, PS+ offered Dragon Fin Soup, which felt like a game that was just up my alley (the devs compared it to Secret of Mana). The game crashed on me in the tutorial, and twice more before I got out of the first flippin' town. Maybe Sony knew it was bad beforehand, but my take was that the devs just put a bad product out.

But let's be honest: the best thing about PS+ (at least for the non-MP crowd) these days are the sales, and that's exactly what Sony wants. Often, their sales are excellent, but it requires that I spend additional money to take advantage of Plus.

Yeah, the sales are always exceptional and include a nice variety of popular games across all Sony platforms. Still pissed about losing the opportunity to snag digital copies of "Muramasa Rebirth" and "Vanquish".

I was thinking about renewing my membership partly for regaining access to some of the amazing games PS+ offered way back like "Hitman Trilogy HD", "X-Com", "Tomb Raider", "Dragon's Crown" and "Injustice: Gods Among Us," all of which except the last one had been released for the PS3, a console that I still find superior to the PS4 for many reasons, vast library among them.

But then I just rationalize that I'm probably better off buying physical copies of these games since they're fairly cheap. That is, if I still don't mind missing out on PS4's multiplayer scene. "Dark Souls III" and "Street Fighter V" (when completed) are likely to sway my decision to resub in either case. Let's hope that day brings an icing on the cake sweeter than Sony's current offerings.