Project Platinum: Sonic (Closed)

LeetWolf2

• 1 month later...

Retro Award application:

Sonic CD                100%

Sonic the Fighters   100%

Well done! Updated :)

There are threads for that on this site, but this thread on another site is what I personally use

OK. Thank you miss LeetWolf2  :)

There's now a guide for Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

And for SONIC GENERATIONS SONIC GENERATIONS Trophy Guide

And just after I platted the game :ninja:

Dragon Slayer Award: Join Dragon-Archon's Event with any Sonic game (Only Platinum-based games). 

Dragon%20T_zpsjupeqpbc.png  Dragon Slayer (0)  Dragon%20T_zpsjupeqpbc.png

That is a nice image, I may have to look into getting a Sonic game :ninja:.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So one obvious flaw with the Dragon Slayer title is that people (like Shadow) who platinum'ed all the games obviously can't use it to participate in Dragon's Event. Kind of an unnecessary-filler reward to. Logically by concept, you can similarly make more titles like this for other platinum related event threads that exist here. If Sonic was a more loved franchise, I could see more completionist making this same complaint.

So one obvious flaw with the Dragon Slayer title is that people (like Shadow) who platinum'ed all the games obviously can't use it to participate in Dragon's Event. Kind of an unnecessary-filler reward to. Logically by concept, you can similarly make more titles like this for other platinum related event threads that exist here. If Sonic was a more loved franchise, I could see more completionist making this same complaint.

It's there to encourage people to join his event, not to be a completionist. Besides, you could use one of the upcoming Sonic games and enter into the thread when they release.

I'd like to join, my only sonic plat is Sonic Generations so I qualify for the Hedgehog rank  :)

Added ^^ 

Edited by LeetWolf2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to sign up for this Project Platinum please.

I have the Platinum for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and a PSN 100% for Sonic the Fighters (though I am well aware that this lone PSN 100% doesn't get me anything by itself).

Edited by Icebrand1270
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 2:31 PM, Icebrand1270 said:

I would like to sign up for this Project Platinum please.

I have the Platinum for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and a PSN 100% for Sonic the Fighters (though I am well aware that this lone PSN 100% doesn't get me anything by itself).

Added :)

As an update to the PP, I have added a new Bonus Award tier based on the LEGO Dimensions Sonic Level Pack DLC. Complete the DLC (completing the whole game is not required) and you will earn the "Dimensions" bonus award.

• Like 1

As my disorder to complete everything I do is starting to become a problem in my life, I have decided to put a stop to many things I'm still trying to complete at the moment, one of these being these several Project Platinums I joined. Due to this I wish to be removed from all PP's.

In this PP I have the Hedgehog Rank, so please delete me from this rank. Thank you. :)

On 2/7/2017 at 0:17 PM, ShadowStefan said:

As my disorder to complete everything I do is starting to become a problem in my life, I have decided to put a stop to many things I'm still trying to complete at the moment, one of these being these several Project Platinums I joined. Due to this I wish to be removed from all PP's.

In this PP I have the Hedgehog Rank, so please delete me from this rank. Thank you. :)

Done, I wish you well and hope someday you can resume completing things again. Good luck :)

On 11/9/2016 at 11:58 AM, LeetWolf2 said:

It's there to encourage people to join his event, not to be a completionist. Besides, you could use one of the upcoming Sonic games and enter into the thread when they release.

That's just, unnecessary and irritating for completionist here, and it contradicts the point of PPs. It's the prime definition of annoying add ons, tackled on (irrelevant) content. And again, if neither those 2 Sonic games were coming out, it'd literally be impossible for some ppl to get that title. I cant believe that's being overlooked by you.

And am I crazy or is there a related Sonic award for completing a Sonic DLC Pack in a NON-Sonic game? Sooo... we completionist have to buy LEGO Dimensions THEN buy that cameo Sonic DLC to get the award.

3 hours ago, Mar said:

That's just, unnecessary and irritating for completionist here, and it contradicts the point of PPs. It's the prime definition of annoying add ons, tackled on (irrelevant) content. And again, if neither those 2 Sonic games were coming out, it'd literally be impossible for some ppl to get that title. I cant believe that's being overlooked by you.

And am I crazy or is there a related Sonic award for completing a Sonic DLC Pack in a NON-Sonic game? Sooo... we completionist have to buy LEGO Dimensions THEN buy that cameo Sonic DLC to get the award.

I think you mean *tacked on content, not "tackled" on. I'm not the first PP creator to add bonus awards, nor will I be the last and I feel they add an extra incentive to play the games that don't have Platinums but are still part of the same series. Those two Sonic games are coming out though, aren't they? So your point is irrelevant.

The point of Project Platinum is to encourage people to try games outside of their comfort zone whilst also providing some friendly competition within a community of like-minded people. Including a LEGO game is doing exactly that, while in the parameters of the Sonic series. If you don't like it then you're more than welcome to request to be removed from this PP. As a final note, I'm losing my patience with regards to your attitude towards me and the way I am conducting my Project Platinum thread. Creating, running and updating one of these is not easy and I don't think you appreciate the time and effort I put into this. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 2:31 PM, Mar said:

[Deleted]

Mar, I feel you are being incredibly rude and quite aggressive. This is not the place to be like this, please refrain from making any further comments here that aren't regarding requesting a Hall of Fame update or otherwise. If you wish to take your comments and criticism further (about the way this thread is run) then by all means, feel free to PM me. 

Even though I have much to say in regards to your reply, I don't think this is an appropriate place to start an argument. I'm simply trying to be calm here, I hope you will too and respond to me in a PM.

Edited by LeetWolf2

• 3 months later...