Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

xXJackBauer_24Xx

40 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Oh, so if they hack one trophy, fine right? But if they hack more than one is wrong. lol, nice logic buddy. Following your same logic, I can kill one person, that would be fine, but if killed more than 1 than I should go to jail. Wow.

It affects everyone because of the leaderboards, stop pretending it doesn't. If you really want that 100% on your file because you're controlled by your obsessive-compulsive behavior, so be it, do it. But don't complain when you get labelled as cheater/blacklisted, because that's precisely what you are.

What part of "this has been debunked a good while" did you miss?

Here you go: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-26-microsoft-no-longer-charges-developers-to-patch-their-xbox-360-games

Now, stop spreading old BS.

Comparing hacking a trophy to murder? Wow.......buddy

3 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

Did you not read my post, i said last i heard and besides you linked an MS article what about sony. I also said they might be BSing. So you know maybe actually read things before getting so wound up.

I also didn't read the whole thread as its ten pages long and when its that long its fair enough when you haven't. No need to be so rude.

So, wait, let me get this straight: You link to a post that has almost zero credibility (kotaku and all), that actually doesn't clearly explain the issue at hand at that time (Microsoft charging 40k for each title update), then I link you another article with more credible source stating that Microsoft dropped that just an year after the whole debacle and you demand me that I search for you an article about Sony (Which was never in the issue at all)?

I'll show a new concept to you: Philosopical burden of proof. You made a claim: "Sony and Microsoft charges for each game update/patch." I said this has been debunked, showing counter-proof. You continue to claim their charge for game update, so you must be the one that must provide proof that you claim is true, not me.

And sorry, I'm going to be rude as much as I want whenever people like act game company shills, especially when don't bother to read at least the last page of the on-going discussion. Also, very funny of you accusing me of not reading things when you actually admit of not reading them, lol.

Comparing hacking a trophy to murder? Wow.......buddy

My point is: hacking is hacking, murder is murder, doesn't matter how many times you do it. Never said they are same things. But good try at being tangent and not answering my questions. Care to explain why hacking this specific trophy is OK but others not? Please, come with something new other than "it requires no skill yadayada". Because if that's your point, why not hack a bunch of trophies that requires no skills? Or why not hack trophies for games with offline servers?

The answer is quite simple: It's unobtainable, period. You're not a special snowflake that can get 100%/Plat just because you wish so. Either way for a patch to bring servers back or just move on from this game.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

So, wait, let me get this straight: You link to a post that has almost zero credibility (kotaku and all), that actually doesn't clearly explain the issue at hand at that time (Microsoft charging 40k for each title update), then I link you another article with more credible source stating that Microsoft dropped that just an year after the whole debacle and you demand me that I search for you an article about Sony (Which was never in the issue at all)?

I'll show a new concept to you: Philosopical burden of proof. You made a claim: "Sony and Microsoft charges for each game update/patch." I said this has been debunked, showing counter-proof. You continue to claim their charge for game update, so you must be the one that must provide proof that you claim is true, not me.

And sorry, I'm going to be rude as much as I want whenever people like act game company shills, especially when don't bother to read at least the last page of the on-going discussion. Also, very funny of you accusing me of not reading things when you actually admit of not reading them, lol.

I think you should find out what debunk means its normally referring to a myth. The fact was MS did charge for patches. So where was the original article wrong yours said the same confirming that the first article was not made up. Thanks for proving my point though. You proved that in fact patches were charged for and as there's never been any article since that mentions price of charging for patches. We know that it was a fact that MS and Sony charge for patches. MS no longer charges for patches. I doubted the credibility of my article i stated as such. But you apparently gave proof that patches were charged for.

So Thank you, now I don't need to look for my burden of proof you found it.

Also your eurogamer article showed that Phil Fish stated patches cost tens of thousands and Tim Schaffer is a reputable source, if i have to believe him or you i'll believe him. So two game devs agree. End arguement.

Edited by Superbuu3

53 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I think you should find out what debunk means its normally referring to a myth. The fact was MS did charge for patches. So where was the original article wrong yours said the same confirming that the first article was not made up. Thanks for proving my point though. You proved that in fact patches were charged for and as there's never been any article since that mentions price of charging for patches. We know that it was a fact that MS and Sony charge for patches. MS no longer charges for patches. I doubted the credibility of my article i stated as such. But you apparently gave proof that patches were charged for.

So Thank you, now I don't need to look for my burden of proof you found it.

Also your eurogamer article showed that Phil Fish stated patches cost tens of thousands and Tim Schaffer is a reputable source, if i have to believe him or you i'll believe him. So two game devs agree. End arguement.

I couldn't find any recent articles about the ps3, but this and similar articles came up about the ps4 regarding pro patches. They seem to point to updates costing money based on comments from game devs. I couldn't find out how much money though. If nothing else, it would cost at least as much as the time it takes to code, bug test, recode, re-bug test, etc. until the product is in working order.

• Like 1

Just now, kuuhaku said:

I couldn't find any recent articles about the ps3, but this and similar articles came up about the ps4 regarding pro patches. They seem to point to updates costing money based on comments from game devs. I couldn't find out how much money though. If nothing else, it would cost at least as much as the time it takes to code, bug test, recode, re-bug test, etc. until the product is in working order.

Thanks for looking. 

You're right though even if a company is not charged they will have to put in resources themselves that will cost them money. 

• 1 month later...

Online trophies are always a bad idea and some trophies are prime examples

Darksiders 2- Pay it foward glitch

Need for speed: The Run- EA refuses to fix it

FIght night Round four- Glitch trophies that may end up making you play in 100 years

Ghostbusters- Shuts down without announcing

GTA IV- AWP Glitch

Army of Two 40th day- shut down

21 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

AWP is completely achievable. 

Depends how you manage it a friend of mine didnt get his one and we were boosting it. it turns out but a bit late for it now but you have to wait like 2 to 4 hours as a safe bet incase your game freezes or that you had to go somewhere that you had to shut it down, cause rushing back on can cause a glitch and it acts like it didnt count making u start all over again which noone likes

1 hour ago, maurjen said:

Depends how you manage it a friend of mine didnt get his one and we were boosting it. it turns out but a bit late for it now but you have to wait like 2 to 4 hours as a safe bet incase your game freezes or that you had to go somewhere that you had to shut it down, cause rushing back on can cause a glitch and it acts like it didnt count making u start all over again which noone likes

You can do the races at any point in time in any order you want. 

19 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

You can do the races at any point in time in any order you want. 

Have they fixed it yet? cause i platted mine back in 2014 but i heard since the server shut down temporarily people tend to complain till its fix again but i still here others complain still on the glitch

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Bornz0r said:

Update: LMAO HE HAS HIDDEN THE DARKSIDERS 2 TROPHY LIST SO HE CAN AVOID GETTING KICKED FROM THE LEADERBOARD!! 

A couple of guys plus me contacted a premium member so he could flag him and two another cheaters, he got flagged for the unobtainable trophy and made a dispute just to ask how to hide the game, he didn't even tried to lie about how he got it, straight admission of guilty in that case.

That said, I haven't see the other users flagged in the same 'batch' trying to dispute it though. Nevertheless, no cheaters on Darksiders II leaderboards for now.

On 16/05/2017 at 11:21 PM, GRIM-REAPERx1984 said:

you guys know that they will never fix this trophy right??? so please do as I have and give up on this trophy I have for now lmao

Maybe complaining enough will get us somewhere, maybe it won't. Since it doesn't take a lot of effort, I will continue doing it.

• Like 2