xXJackBauer_24Xx

Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

330 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PooPDeePie said:

No need to shut down the thread. It's good for people who didn't play it yet on ps3 to know about this. 

And lol are people really expecting the devs to patch this? It doesn't make them money.. not many people are complaining here except a small handful. There's just no incentive. 

Is it reasonable? No not really. People are still paying money for an incomplete product.. 

The other thread about the trophy being unobtainable is closed though:

Also, "incomplete product"? Just for one trophy? Does it make the game unbeatable/unplayable? No, it's just a trophy...

I played several games with unobtainable trophies without caring and i still enjoyed them... if someone has OCD it's not my problem :/

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The other thread about the trophy being unobtainable is closed though:

Also, "incomplete product"? Just for one trophy? Does it make the game unbeatable/unplayable? No, it's just a trophy...

I played several games with unobtainable trophies without caring and i still enjoyed them... if someone has OCD it's not my problem :/

Exactly. It just means it's not your problem. And snowxsakura summed it up nicely

Saw some new posts were on this thread, came here hoping they had fixed it and people were rejoicing but alas.. lol

It looks like it's now purely a case that affects a lot of the gaming industry. For a lot of problems that affect games and you wonder why they're not fixed, you must ask yourself one simple question:

Will it make money?

If the answer is no, it will most likely never be fixed. A few people being annoyed that they can't get a trophy in an old game isn't going to dent their profits in the slightest, in fact it will benefit them more to NOT fix it, as some of those people will then buy the PS4 version as well. Why spend money fixing an old issue for a handful of people, when if you ignore the problem, some of those people will give you money for a non-broken version?

Not only will people buy the non-broken port, but you don't have to spend a cent or take people off the next moneymaker. It's a win/win for the company.

The only thing to do now if you still want a Darksiders II plat is to earn it on the PS4 version. So either play the version that was given with PS+ a while ago or buy it second hand, so at least they don't get a cent either.

Though I'll admit I do feel a little burned as I bought the collectors edition when it came out for PS3. But eh, I guess I had loads of time to earn it when it was available.

Just went on the ps store and noticed Darksiders 2 is on sale for ps4, thinking about buying it and saving it for after i finish the ps3 version, luckily i did the pay it forward trophy almost as soon as i was able to so the plat is still possible for me, sorry to hear about everyone else though. I do personally agree that online trophies suck, but it is what it is i guess.