Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

xXJackBauer_24Xx

1 hour ago, PooPDeePie said:

No need to shut down the thread. It's good for people who didn't play it yet on ps3 to know about this. 

And lol are people really expecting the devs to patch this? It doesn't make them money.. not many people are complaining here except a small handful. There's just no incentive. 

Is it reasonable? No not really. People are still paying money for an incomplete product.. 

The other thread about the trophy being unobtainable is closed though:

Also, "incomplete product"? Just for one trophy? Does it make the game unbeatable/unplayable? No, it's just a trophy...

I played several games with unobtainable trophies without caring and i still enjoyed them... if someone has OCD it's not my problem :/

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The other thread about the trophy being unobtainable is closed though:

Also, "incomplete product"? Just for one trophy? Does it make the game unbeatable/unplayable? No, it's just a trophy...

I played several games with unobtainable trophies without caring and i still enjoyed them... if someone has OCD it's not my problem :/

Exactly. It just means it's not your problem. And snowxsakura summed it up nicely

• Like 3

Saw some new posts were on this thread, came here hoping they had fixed it and people were rejoicing but alas.. lol

It looks like it's now purely a case that affects a lot of the gaming industry. For a lot of problems that affect games and you wonder why they're not fixed, you must ask yourself one simple question:

Will it make money?

If the answer is no, it will most likely never be fixed. A few people being annoyed that they can't get a trophy in an old game isn't going to dent their profits in the slightest, in fact it will benefit them more to NOT fix it, as some of those people will then buy the PS4 version as well. Why spend money fixing an old issue for a handful of people, when if you ignore the problem, some of those people will give you money for a non-broken version?

Not only will people buy the non-broken port, but you don't have to spend a cent or take people off the next moneymaker. It's a win/win for the company.

The only thing to do now if you still want a Darksiders II plat is to earn it on the PS4 version. So either play the version that was given with PS+ a while ago or buy it second hand, so at least they don't get a cent either.

Though I'll admit I do feel a little burned as I bought the collectors edition when it came out for PS3. But eh, I guess I had loads of time to earn it when it was available.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just went on the ps store and noticed Darksiders 2 is on sale for ps4, thinking about buying it and saving it for after i finish the ps3 version, luckily i did the pay it forward trophy almost as soon as i was able to so the plat is still possible for me, sorry to hear about everyone else though. I do personally agree that online trophies suck, but it is what it is i guess.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

the weird thing about this is people have now recently after some time are either turning in their platnium as of today there have been some that have recently got it when looking at the board i even saw that someone got pay it forward in march so i went on the game and double checked and it still was down so for me personally i have given up on this a long while as i have no notion to apparently hack to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, Khruler said:

the weird thing about this is people have now recently after some time are either turning in their platnium as of today there have been some that have recently got it when looking at the board i even saw that someone got pay it forward in march so i went on the game and double checked and it still was down so for me personally i have given up on this a long while as i have no notion to apparently hack to get it.

Yeah, the people who have gotten it since 2016 are probably hacking.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, PostalDudeRus said:

I am planning on doing this soon.

Did anything happen with this? been a while since we had any news tbh

3 hours ago, StormJero said:

Did anything happen with this? been a while since we had any news tbh

I did managed to get some progress on PC version, like domain name (via traffic spoof) of main server and part of certificate plus some minor things.

Problem is I didn't made any progress on trying to making software capable of answering on cetificate validation to see if game actually cares about if certificate is valid or not (like UT3).

I might return to it someday, but can't say for sure coz I busy with other stuff -_-

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Joey-_-1999 said:

I have seen a couple gamers that have recently obtained this trophy, is it hopefully finally patched?

I doubt it, my guess is they are using cheats to unlock it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2021 at 9:58 AM, PostalDudeRus said:

I did managed to get some progress on PC version, like domain name (via traffic spoof) of main server and part of certificate plus some minor things.

Problem is I didn't made any progress on trying to making software capable of answering on cetificate validation to see if game actually cares about if certificate is valid or not (like UT3).

I might return to it someday, but can't say for sure coz I busy with other stuff -_-

If you ever make this happen I would gladly donate something to you just out of sheer happiness.