Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

xXJackBauer_24Xx

LOL fuck nordic games. I didn't even know this game had an online component, which is fucking retarded for a single player 3rd person action rpg with no multiplayer. Now I regret ever buying this game, let alone playing it. Never gonna plat it, so why even finish? Way to show that you literally don't care about your fans or audience. Not buying another one of your games again, doucheburgers.

Amen, brother.

I saw that this dude has hacked the trophy and my personal opinion are this is not cool :angry: . And Nordic Games don't answer on my question about the Mailbox Feature from DS2 to achieve the ''Pay it Fordard'' Trophy. I really hope they will fix this problem As soon as possible.

I bought the digital version of this game, does this automatically download the crucible pass then?

Cause I alreasy got 'pay it forward' and I would be pissed if I couldn't get the other two cause of downed servers that don't allow you to redeem the pass...

I bought the digital version of this game, does this automatically download the crucible pass then?

Cause I alreasy got 'pay it forward' and I would be pissed if I couldn't get the other two cause of downed servers that don't allow you to redeem the pass...

I think that in order to get the "Pay It Forward" trophy you have already downloaded the crucible pass.  I bought the disc game and I have got the Pay It Forward trophy but can't remember whether I downloaded the crucible pass.  I am guessing that I must have.  The digital version must already come with it installed.

Hemiak has made sure he has got the pay it forward trophy and has still to get the crucible ones, so I would put money on that we are both still ok for the plat.  (He knows what he is doing  :D )

Edited by delboy_rules
  • Like 1

I think that in order to get the "Pay It Forward" trophy you have already downloaded the crucible pass.  I bought the disc game and I have got the Pay It Forward trophy but can't remember whether I downloaded the crucible pass.  I am guessing that I must have.  The digital version must already come with it installed.

Hemiak has made sure he has got the pay it forward trophy and has still to get the crucible ones, so I would put money on that we are both still ok for the plat.  (He knows what he is doing  :D )

Ok cool, happy to hear that, I also thought that might be the case but in some games the pass shows up as a separate download file on your list so I was a little worried...

Let's hope we're in the clear, thanks for the answer!

LOL fuck nordic games. I didn't even know this game had an online component, which is fucking retarded for a single player 3rd person action rpg with no multiplayer. Now I regret ever buying this game, let alone playing it. Never gonna plat it, so why even finish? Way to show that you literally don't care about your fans or audience. Not buying another one of your games again, doucheburgers.

Yeah, it's totally Nordic Games fault that years ago THQ had Vigil Games program the game to have an online trophy/achievement. Those jerks!

you're right. it's totally thq's fault that they, a bankrupt and defunct company, shut down a server of a game they no longer own the rights to without any notice or warning to the people who bought the game once the financial assets and intellectual property were sold to nordic games! those jerks!

Yeah, it's totally Nordic Games fault that years ago THQ had Vigil Games program the game to have an online trophy/achievement. Those jerks!

Edited by FATstuntman
  • Like 1

looks like we could be SOOL with this one, checked the dates for the achievement for xb players and the last posted date is also the 11th feb for them.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a166533/pay-it-forward-achievement.htm

kinda sux that it doesnt work like the saints row games where just trying to do th eonline trrophy even though the servers are down unlocks it.. :(

Edited by Leenewbe

GOD DAAAAAAMMMMIITTTTTTTTT! I JUST STARTED THIS GAME. WHY DID I NOT READ THIS THREAD BEFOREHAND?!

Greediness will prevent all of us from ever getting the platinum on this game. Greediness to have a pay-to-achieve trophy. Bullshit.

• Like 2

Dear customer,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

The mailbox features are currently not working in the Darksiders II Tome

System (the online portion of the game that allows players to gift weapons

and gear). This prevents the players from getting the achievement/trophy for

gifting an item (Pay it Forwards).

We apologize that we are not able to help you out right now and we assure

you that we will do our best to bring the servers online again and to solve

this issue as soon as possible.

I got the most annoying response I could have imagined:

My original email:

Nordic Games,

I know no one will ever read this email or care (in the event someone does
read it), but I have to try.

Please correct the issue with the Pay It Forward trophy. Either fix the
servers so players can get it legitimately or issue an update that allows
players to automatically receive the achievement upon accessing the Serpent
Tome.

Many people like collecting trophies and/or achievements but we are
completely locked out of this one in its current state. With respect to
trophy hunters, that also completely locks us out of the platinum trophy for
this game.

Please fix it.

Please.

Respectfully,
[Gryfer]
(on behalf of every trophy hunter)

They responded!

Dear customer,

First of all, please note that the Crucible online pass is required.
You must be online for this trophy and have a friend that is also playing Darksiders 2.

Head to any of the Serpent Tome's in the game and access it—the first of which is located in Tri-Stone. Press R1 to select the Online Inbox. Then go to "Add Gift..." and a list of your friends will appear. Choose the one that has the game and send them any item you want from your list. Close the tome and shortly thereafter the trophy will unlock.

Another method is to create a separate account on your PS3 and add it as a friend on your main account. Then play Darksiders II on your alternate account, log off, and send an item to it from your main account.

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards,

Nordic Games GmbH Support Team

Really? Really, Nordic Games? Really, QuanticLab (the people who send the email)?

You seriously think the issue is that I don't have the Crucible Pass?

I truly cannot comprehend this level of stupidity.

• Like 2