Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

xXJackBauer_24Xx

He hacked it cause the developer is too lazy to fix the server not because it was too difficult skill wise.

So what you're basically saying is I could hack to get the platinum trophy for Lord of The Rings: Conquest since the servers have been down and that's okay, right? Well wrong, if you can't earn the trophies you can't it's simple as that. 

Edited by Bornz0r

So what you're basically saying is I could hack to get the platinum trophy for Lord of The Rings: Conquest since the servers have been down and that's okay, right? Well wrong, if you can't earn the trophies you can't it's simple as that.

Wouldn't really say "pay it foward" is earned since there is no time or skill is involved. Don't know about LOTR: Conquest. Is it a game with a MP element or is it a SP game with a single online trophy?

As always, the line is difficult to draw and thus no exceptions are to be made.

The real problem lies in the trophy QC. Sony should be the guys looking after this and in such cases like if the dev is dead - or better, in general - make sure that such trophies can still be unlocked.

This should apply to all and any online trophies that are no longer achievable. Especially since they are taking money for online services.

Edited by fastflowdaman

As always, the line is difficult to draw and thus no exceptions are to be made.

The real problem lies in the trophy QC. Sony should be the guys looking after this and in such cases like if the dev is dead - or better, in general - make sure that such trophies can still be unlocked.

This should apply to all and any online trophies that are no longer achievable. Especially since they are taking money for online services.

They don't even have to fix the server just patch it so if you attempt to do it, it pops. Like Saints Row.

True in this case. But I'm talking about, let's say, Resistance 2 and all the other unachievables as well.

That had a MP element so no. DarkSiders 2 just has a single online for a SP game. I have Resistance 2, never finished the long MP grind and wouldn't condone hacking any of the multiple online trophies.

That had a MP element so no. DarkSiders 2 just has a single online for a SP game. I have Resistance 2, never finished the long MP grind and wouldn't condone hacking any of the multiple online trophies.

My points are

#1 Hacking is never legit and shouldn't ever be. No exceptions. See #181

#2 Sony need to make sure all and any trophies are always achievable as long as the PSN exists and money has beed paid (F2P games could perhaps be excluded).

I do not care how they'd do it, it is not my problem as a customer, but their responsibility in terms of customer service.

• Like 2

My points are

#1 Hacking is never legit and shouldn't ever be. No exceptions. See #181

#2 Sony need to make sure all and any trophies are always achievable as long as the PSN exists and money has beed paid (F2P games could perhaps be excluded).

I do not care how they'd do it, it is not my problem as a customer, but their responsibility in terms of customer service.

Just saying I sympathize with the guy. But if Sony did its job as you said, there would be no need. And I don't even think it's like Resistance where you had warning. Server went down and they never fixed it. Reminds me of Portal 2. It's why I stay away from online games as much as possible now.

Wouldn't really say "pay it foward" is earned since there is no time or skill is involved. Don't know about LOTR: Conquest. Is it a game with a MP element or is it a SP game with a single online trophy?

It's a single player game that has MP in it but the servers have been closed for nearly 6 years, what is the difference between this and getting Pay it Forward by cheating basically? 

Would feel bad if he was removed. Im against hacking but it's a trophy that requires no skill or time and prevents a plat cause the developers are lazy.

Yeah. I agree. I only care if hackers are interfering with people in the leaderboards or are cheating to get there.

Sorry, but no. I realize it sucks, but sometimes life sucks. If the trophy can't be earned, it can't be earned.

If someone wants to hack it for their own profile, that's their business. But the moment you choose to do that, you do not belong on a leaderboard.

I would love a 100% profile. I'm close, but I know I will never get there as the MUA 2 DLC has been delisted.

Should I get to hack those trophies simply because it's not my fault that the DLC was removed?

What about people who own the PS4 version of Super Stardust, and now have DLC on it that requires a $500 VR headset? That's not fair, can we let them hack those trophies?

It's a trophy. It is what it is. Accept it, move on, push for a fix, start a new profile - lots of options, but hacking it isn't a justifiable one.

• Like 3

Sorry, but no. I realize it sucks, but sometimes life sucks. If the trophy can't be earned, it can't be earned.

If someone wants to hack it for their own profile, that's their business. But the moment you choose to do that, you do not belong on a leaderboard.

I would love a 100% profile. I'm close, but I know I will never get there as the MUA 2 DLC has been delisted.

Should I get to hack those trophies simply because it's not my fault that the DLC was removed?

What about people who own the PS4 version of Super Stardust, and now have DLC on it that requires a $500 VR headset? That's not fair, can we let them hack those trophies?

It's a trophy. It is what it is. Accept it, move on, push for a fix, start a new profile - lots of options, but hacking it isn't a justifiable one.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, if you resort in hacking trophies you shouldn't even be on the same leaderboard with the same people that unlock trophies the legitimate way.

He hacked it cause the developer is too lazy to fix the server not because it was too difficult skill wise.

Neither the developer nor the original publisher exist anymore. It was nice enough of Nordic to bring the servers back once already.

Server went down and they never fixed it. Reminds me of Portal 2.

Portal 2's online servers are working.

Fair enough. I see your point. Guess it's hard for me to not justify it given I've never been really affected by trophy hacking. I'm not really into trophy hunting that much and i was never really competitive( I dislike MP games in fact and like SP) so I see where you're coming from, by looking at your impressive trophy collection and earning them legit.
  • Like 1

Sony need to make sure all and any trophies are always achievable as long as the PSN exists and money has beed paid (F2P games could perhaps be excluded).

I have always said that there should be no mandatory online trophies for this very reason among others.

• Like 1

Well I shouldn't have to go through a lot of hassle. Never buying a Valve game again

It's quite simple actually. When you bought your new copy of Portal 2 there was a code for a Steam version of the game in the box.

You need to redeem your Steam code with the Steam account that's linked to your PSN account.

After that you shouldn't have any problems connecting to PS3, PC, Mac or Linux players if you do this once.

It's quite simple actually. When you bought your new copy of Portal 2 there was a code for a Steam version of the game in the box.

You need to redeem your Steam code with the Steam account that's linked to your PSN account.

After that you shouldn't have any problems connecting to PS3, PC, Mac or Linux players if you do this once.

Mine is digital