Problem with "Pay it forward" trophy

xXJackBauer_24Xx

• 3 weeks later...

are the servers completely down i only need this trophy ..?

and my profile is always completed 100% i have a bad feeling this game will stay not completed ..

how can i contact them maybe they'll activate them ..

Ppl have been contacting them for months with no luck. Think contact info is posted earlier on this thread. But I'm afraid you will not get the plat. Sorry I feel bad for anyone who can not plat a game over a server issue.

i vote in cases like this that the site mod/owner sly should approve this 1 time trophy hack since it effects no leader boards or anything and this is a freebie trophy anyway

like anyone who is wnting the hack could sign a public post so everyone knows who they are so its not some cloak and dagger hide behind its out in the open and one of the site mods or something could be the one doing the hack?

i vote in cases like this that the site mod/owner sly should approve this 1 time trophy hack since it effects no leader boards or anything and this is a freebie trophy anyway

like anyone who is wnting the hack could sign a public post so everyone knows who they are so its not some cloak and dagger hide behind its out in the open and one of the site mods or something could be the one doing the hack?

Which is more disreputable?

Hacking a single trophy that takes a second to do if not for a server shut down or sharing your profile with others so you can plat game after game and appear to be some trophy God?

Would feel bad if he was removed. Im against hacking but it's a trophy that requires no skill or time and prevents a plat cause the developers are lazy.

I don't even know what to say about this.  The fact you have no clue how the real world works or that you insult developers...

First of all, developing takes time and money from a company. 

For a miniscule thing like a trophy (which does not break the game/gamebreaking glitch/bug) then it makes absolutely zero sense for a business to waste resources on this issue.

They're not lazy, it's just that it's not worth fixing, it won't bring them any more sales or help the company. 

That is the reality of the situation and how the world works.  If it's not profitable, they won't do it. 

Typical ignorant kid to just throw devs under the bus without having any understanding of business. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

I don't even know what to say about this.  The fact you have no clue how the real world works or that you insult developers...

For a miniscule thing like a trophy (which does not break the game/gamebreaking glitch/bug) then it makes absolutely zero sense for a business to waste resources on this issue.

They're not lazy, it's just that it's not worth fixing, it won't bring them any more sales or help the company. 

That is the reality of the situation and how the world works.  If it's not profitable, they won't do it. 

Typical ignorant kid to just throw devs under the bus without having any understanding of business.

Your rebuttal was absolutely spot on, however attacking somebody directly rather than disproving him in a decent argument is ad hominous and uncalled for. You may not care about my opinion but just though I'd share it. Good day sir.
  • Like 2

I would partly put it down to laziness, considering you most likely have equal knowledge on how the pipeline works as he does I wouldn't be flinging insults.

What you say is absolutely true, but still not really an excuse as other companies have fixed such issues. Some games pop the online trophy if you attempt to connect to the servers, which would be an easy fix for such a pointless trophy.

Some companies actually value customer happiness as well, since that helps keep profit coming and this would be a minor fix that I doubt would take long, even if they just made it pop when the game started up.

Which is more disreputable?

Hacking a single trophy that takes a second to do if not for a server shut down or sharing your profile with others so you can plat game after game and appear to be some trophy God?

yea sadly i see alot more of the profile sharing now cause of ps4 being as of yet unhackable 

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone cares...apparently THQ Nordic now owns the franchise...just hit them up on social media, FB, twitter and on their website asking to fix the servers again and make pay it forward attainable again...pretty sure it will have no impact but did all i could to make a difference so sadly, will sleep a little better tonight...more constructive than complaining about it in a thread imo...for the record, did the same with R* when the gta iv rank system was shut down...i'm sure nothing to do with those of us that wrote them but eventually it was patched and fixed...0.00001% chance is better than 0%...haha...

ah yes, here's the link to their contact page for those who are interested...

https://www.thqnordic.com/company/contact

you can access their FB and twitter pages from the bottom left corner of the linked page as well...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

not sure if anyone cares...apparently THQ Nordic now owns the franchise...just hit them up on social media, FB, twitter and on their website asking to fix the servers again and make pay it forward attainable again...pretty sure it will have no impact but did all i could to make a difference so sadly, will sleep a little better tonight...more constructive than complaining about it in a thread imo...for the record, did the same with R* when the gta iv rank system was shut down...i'm sure nothing to do with those of us that wrote them but eventually it was patched and fixed...0.00001% chance is better than 0%...haha...ah yes, here's the link to their contact page for those who are interested...https://www.thqnordic.com/company/contactyou can access their FB and twitter pages from the bottom left corner of the linked page as well...

If you read the earlier posts you would've saw that many people posted on their FB page or contacted them but all they get is an automated response saying they're working on it. I'm supposed to believe they've been working on it since Feb... Hence why all the complaints are stemming in this thread.

definitely guilty of only going back 3 pages in the thread and lazily scanning through on my phone...just loaded up the game which sat in my backlog for a couple years and didn't see a link in the recent conversation so posted one...if 1 person like me who doesn't bother reading the whole thread finds it useful, great...if not, hey, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did all that I could...selfish but all I got...thanks for summarizing allowing me to skip the 7 pages I didn't bother reading...

edit: just in case people are even more lazy than me...here's the message i posted (different one for twitter ofc)...feel free to copy and paste should the desire strike you...if you have the time to post here, why not just follow the link and hit them up too?...linking again just to have all info in one spot...apologies if it seems kind of spammy...again, just aiming at the laziest/busiest of members (myself included)...

Hi,

First off let me say that I'm just a nobody here but have a question for your team. I recently bought Darksiders 2 (and also Darksiders) for PS3. I'm an avid PSN trophy collector and it has come to my attention that one of the trophies for this version of the game has become unattainable, Pay it Forward. Having done some research as to why this is the case, I've discovered that the servers which would make this trophy possible were likely shut down when Vigil, the previous owner and creator of the game, went bankrupt. My question is this: would it be possible or are you guys planning on making this trophy available again? Would you consider doing so for the minority of us who actually care about whether or not we can get this trophy? I realize that I'm asking a lot here as fixing this is not as simple as flipping a switch and that patches and servers cost money to develop. Nonetheless I'm hoping your company will prove that it cares about all of its followers and undertake the responsibilities that come with taking over and ideally improving upon what Vigil has left you to work with. If promoted properly, allowing us gamers to have access to a server or patch that would unlock this simple trophy might be a good chance at a tiny bit of time in the spotlight for you guys. Heck, I'd be all over social media thanking you should it ever occur. I would appreciate a reply to this message if it would not be too inconvenient as I'm also a member of trophy hunting websites and would like to share concrete information with the rest of the community.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

ProfBambam55

https://www.thqnordic.com/company/contact

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

If you read the earlier posts you would've saw that many people posted on their FB page or contacted them but all they get is an automated response saying they're working on it. I'm supposed to believe they've been working on it since Feb... Hence why all the complaints are stemming in this thread.

I would be less mad if they just said they weren't going to dedicate resources to fix it instead of saying they are working on something that they aren't working on.

• Like 2

I would be less mad if they just said they weren't going to dedicate resources to fix it instead of saying they are working on something that they aren't working on.

You're absolutely right. It's mind boggling that they can't bother with a decisive answer ad continue with the automated response. I feel like I've spoken my heart out here in this thread and my best bet for everyone is just to move on and pretend this game didn't happen :P. If it's very bad that the game bothers you, you an hide it from your trophy list.

• Like 2

totally agree that it sucks when servers get shut down and game/server companies pass hands without fixing ensuing issues...all i'm suggesting is pouring your heart out to the current company as opposed to in this thread...automated response or not makes no difference...as a business owner who maintains an overall 5/5 star rating (10/10 on some sites) even if i found that i lacked the resources to fix a problem or thought it would be a waste of time/money/whatever i'd still be hearing what my customers had to say...it may or may not prevent me from making the same mistake(s) again or cause me to look for a solution but at least it would be on my conscience that a minority were not satisfied with my services...by letting the company know you have a problem at least you know that they are hearing you and even more so if they have bothered to send you an irrelevant generic response...best we can hope for is them knowing that we know they messed up...as i said previously, helped me sleep better at night knowing that i personally did all i could to let them know that there is a problem with the game that i'm currently unsatisfied with...deaf ears or not, more likely to get an action/reaction than following/posting in this thread imo...i made it as easy as possible for others to get the same satisfaction...by not telling them what you think you're kind of contributing to why it has fallen on deaf ears...gonna take more than a handful of us contacting them sporadically over the course of a couple years to merit a resolution i'm guessing...takes 5 minutes to post to them...what have we got to lose?...

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 9:54 AM, Cyber_Emotions said:

if this trophy cant be unlocked because of stupid server issue why dont they release an update that unlock the trophy once u enter the game ?

Or at least patch out the trophy/change the requirements/replace the trophy. Thing is that I think THQ Nordic does not have the code for Darksiders II, much like Crytek not having the code to reinstate the servers for Homefront. If you look at the PS3 trophy list for Darksiders II, its 2 gold, 6 silver, 41 bronze, with the 3rd trophy from the bottom being :bronze: Pay It Forward, but on the Deathinitive Edition trophy list, its 3 gold 6 silver, 40 bronze. The new gold trophy is in the exact spot where Pay It Forward was, and is a totally new trophy. So they rectified the situation there, in a sense that they removed the trophy, but not being able to give an item to a friend on the remaster either makes me think that they don't have the code to go in and fix the trophy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...